• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Red Wings acquire Erik Cole, conditional 3rd from Stars

Rate this topic

Lol, 2 prospects and a pick for a 36 year old ufa.

What is with Kenny's obsession of guys past their prime? Bert, Cleary, Samuelsson.....if Kenny had it his way all 3 would still be in the lineup.

Ugh

Edited by ShanahanMan

Two prospects that were buried behind better prospects here, for a guy who can help us this year and perhaps beyond if signed.

The prospects get a more reasonable shot a making the show, we add some size and grit. Looks win-win to me.

Edited by mackel

Wow backman and janmark for a 36 yr old ufa as well as a 2nd

Kenny's off his rockers

So far down the depth chart they may not play in this system for years. Got to give something to get something. Got a 25 goal scorer for a couple of C grade prospects.

It's bad enough we lost backman

Backman has upside, but Marchenko, XO, Sproul, Jensen are all ahead of him in depth. We couldn't even find a spot in GR and he went back to Sweden. Definitely expendible. He now has a place to play in AHL for Dallas's AHL affiliate.

Bad enough we list backman i could of lived with that but Jesus Christ why did we have to throw in janmark? Erik cole isn't a top nhl star he's a good addition but a 36 yr old ufa to be we could of just gave backman and 2nd

Jim Nill is no moron that's all I gotta say ... Were gonna quite possibly really regret throwing in janmark

I have a feeling Dion Phaneuf or Jeff Petry to follow.

If we take on that Phaneuf contract without them retaining at least 2.5-3 milion of that salary I will puke.

Lol, 2 prospects and a pick for a 36 year old ufa.

What is with Kenny's obsession of guys past their prime? Bert, Cleary, Samuelsson.....if Kenny had it his way all 3 would still be in the lineup.

Ugh

Picked up ANOTHER left handed shot too. lol

I have a feeling Dion Phaneuf or Jeff Petry to follow.

You f***en kidding me??? If this is what Nill convinced holland to give away for a 36 yr old ufa I don't even wanna think what we'd give up for Phaneuf or petry

At this point I hope we don't make another single move

We also got a 3rd rounder

Which we give back if we make the eastern finals and cole plays half the games so even if he gets 2 assists in 17 games let's say ... Adios 3rd rounder

Bad enough we list backman i could of lived with that but Jesus Christ why did we have to throw in janmark? Erik cole isn't a tip nhl star he's a good addition but a 36 yr old ufa to be we could of just gave backman and 2nd

Jim Nill is no moron that's all I gotta say ... Were gonna quite possibly really regret throwing in janmark

Backman went back to Sweden. That means he was gone. You don't get a second chance with the Wings. Janmark is so far down that he won't even be an issue until 2020 at least. And by then, we'll have Larkin and Mantha. This is a damn good trade, much cheaper than other teams have had to pay.

Bad enough we list backman i could of lived with that but Jesus Christ why did we have to throw in janmark? Erik cole isn't a top nhl star he's a good addition but a 36 yr old ufa to be we could of just gave backman and 2nd

You aren't getting it,Backman wasn't good enough for Grand Rapids to even try and force him into the lineup. There are 3-4 guys ahead of him in GR, which doesn't include guys we may sign in the offseason or already have like DK, Smith. He's probably 8-10th on the depth chart.

We also got a 3rd rounder

Kenny did have his way, Bert is gone, Sammy is long gone and Cleary is about 14th on our depth chart.

Janmark was falling down the prospect list, Backman already left for Sweden. Look at it this way, Cole and a 3rd for a 2nd. Neither Janmark and especially Backman were going to see time in Detroit for any significant time.

I think we won this trade for the "now." Cole will help us more now than the other two guys....besides, Franzen is done and/or about to be traded, Kenny needed to address that spot.

For the record when Franzen gets traded I will be dancing on the ceiling!

The people upset at this deal are the same people throwing Ferraro and Callahan into every trade proposal thinking they have value.

Two fringe prospects and a second round pick (with a 3rd possibly coming back our way) for a guy on pace for 25 goals who can fill in nicely for the hole left by Franzen. Strengthens the top six nicely without having to give up one of our premium prospects. Kenny can trade down in the draft and get the 2nd rounder back. Nice deal!

Some people are impossible to please, you think each and every prospect is going to be future top-6, wrong. We just got bigger, try and appreciate that.

Well said. Backman is a 5/6 guy if that......Cole can score, fight, is heavy on the body and is a difference maker. I like it AND I don't think we overpaid. 18 goals? Works for ne

So far down the depth chart they may not play in this system for years. Got to give something to get something. Got a 25 goal scorer for a couple of C grade prospects.

With backman retreating back I could live with that ... Janmark has upside for 2 yrs and now it's like whatever let's just give him away for an old ufa cause we still have good prospects

Rather of traded him if we had to in a deal that would be more than a ufa

In 2 yrs if we get outed again 1st round we lost 2 2nds janmark backman jarnkrok for 2 guys who quite possibly don't return and a 3rd rounder

And I just noticed we gave away 3 swedish guys ...are we suddenly giving up on the swedes? Lol

Nothing wrong with this trade. Like someone else said, everyone thinks the Wings prospects are going to be elite.

Backman said f*** off to the wings and went back to Sweden. Wouldn't surprise me if they were shopping him the entire time. Janmark hasn't shown anything.

My only issue is what does this mean for Helm? Is he really hurt so they brought in Cole to play with Datsyuk and Tatar?