• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Red Wings acquire Erik Cole, conditional 3rd from Stars

Rate this topic

Backman went back to Sweden. That means he was gone. You don't get a second chance with the Wings. Janmark is so far down that he won't even be an issue until 2020 at least. And by then, we'll have Larkin and Mantha. This is a damn good trade, much cheaper than other teams have had to pay.

2020?? Ya ok there he Wasn't gonna make it to the nhl at 27

I like cole but I think we paid a pretty big price for a 36 old ufa ... I'll say it again Jim Nill is not an idiot

Which we give back if we make the eastern finals and cole plays half the games so even if he gets 2 assists in 17 games let's say ... Adios 3rd rounder

So basically if we have any good success( i don't consider first or second round defeats success), we lose the 3rd rounder. How does that even make any sense. lol

100% we won this trade.

We can make a cup run this year with the addition of a decent defender, we have PLENTY of bottom 4 defencemen in the pool, we can afford to lose one. Especially one who couldnt crack it in the minors

Janmark has 2 games in america, we'll survive.

Edited by WingsallTheway

Janmark was falling down the prospect list, Backman already left for Sweden. Look at it this way, Cole and a 3rd for a 2nd. Neither Janmark and especially Backman were going to see time in Detroit for any significant time.

I think we won this trade for the "now." Cole will help us more now than the other two guys....besides, Franzen is done and/or about to be traded, Kenny needed to address that spot.

For the record when Franzen gets traded I will be dancing on the ceiling!

You don't know that janmark wouldn't of made the team in the next 1-2 yrs he's 22 and been in the top 20 scoring last 2seasons

With backman retreating back I could live with that ... Janmark has upside for 2 yrs and now it's like whatever let's just give him away for an old ufa cause we still have good prospects

Rather of traded him if we had to in a deal that would be more than a ufa

In 2 yrs if we get outed again 1st round we lost 2 2nds janmark backman jarnkrok for 2 guys who quite possibly don't return and a 3rd rounder

And I just noticed we gave away 3 swedish guys ...are we suddenly giving up on the swedes? Lol

Panic-Button-300x290.jpg

Two decades of success vs online forum poster...

Yea, I know who I'm going with.

Nothing wrong with this trade. Like someone else said, everyone thinks the Wings prospects are going to be elite.

Backman said f*** off to the wings and went back to Sweden. Wouldn't surprise me if they were shopping him the entire time. Janmark hasn't shown anything.

My only issue is what does this mean for Helm? Is he really hurt so they brought in Cole to play with Datsyuk and Tatar?

Really hope thats not the case, he has been so good this year. The other wild card here is where does Franzen fit on this team if and when his head is right? Is there a spot? I really think Kindl is going to get moved and maybe Andersson to get us another 3rd/4th line winger. Cole is versatile and can play on any of the first 3 lines. Time will tell.

So do some of you guys even want to win or what? Kenny gave up 2 prospects who likely were never going to see time in the winged wheel. Cole is 36, have you seen him play? He's not Bertuzzi. He can still skate as well as he ever did, and plays a physical power game.

100% we won this trade.

We can make a cup run this year with the addition of a decent defender, we have PLENTY of bottom 4 defencemen in the pool, we can afford to lose one. Especially one who couldnt crack it in the minors

Janmark has 2 games in america, we'll survive.

I don't want anymore additions to this team unless we lose guys like weiss andersen miller kindl off our lineups

Dread to think what we'd give up next for some one who's not a 36 yr old ufa

Panic-Button-300x290.jpg

Two decades of success vs online forum poster...

Yea, I know who I'm going with.

Doesn't mean everything Kenny does is gold

So do some of you guys even want to win or what? Kenny gave up 2 prospects who likely were never going to see time in the winged wheel. Cole is 36, have you seen him play? He's not Bertuzzi. He can still skate as well as he ever did, and plays a physical power game.

Guess I'm one of the weird ones who is okay with what was given up, but just wondering why we haven't added defense first?

Obviously we still could. But that seemed like higher priority and would have been dealt with first...

I like it. Nothing is free. Hope he can be healthy & productive. Maybe earns an extension for 1 or 2 more years? All we can hope is we get better & I believe we did. Hope there is more. Need to become a destination again so when the new arena opens the team is competitive in a meaningful way.

I don't want anymore additions to this team unless we lose guys like weiss andersen miller kindl off our lineups

Every team needs penalty killers and role players...

Cole pushes Cleary down the lineup

I'm indifferent on the trade. Don't like it, don't hate it. Wonder if Cole will be allowed to play like he does once he hits our system. We've picked up "grit" before, and it more than often gets tossed away eventually.

Please point out where I said that in my post. However last year it was the exact same thing when they traded Jarnkrok, you were angry about that as well stating how great he was going to be. Do you want to stay mediocre forever while we hope Backman comes back and Janmark hopefully become an elite center behind Larkin, AA, Sheahan... we can't keep everyone. Cole makes a better team right now. If Helm misses a lot of time who will replace him? Cole is still pretty quick. Yea, 33 points in 57 games isn't too bad either.

Completely agree. We can't make trades without giving anyone up, it just doesn't work that way.

I just hope this doesn't turn into another Jarnkrok trade, where these guys are mentioned in every thread. Cole is still a good player and will create lots of space for Pav to maneuver. I call this trade a winner, no matter what happens going forward.

Every team needs penalty killers and role players...

Cole pushes Cleary down the lineup

Cleary? I wouldn't even worry about cleary being in the lineup at all

Another thing we have to worry about cole is his back problems he's dealt with which is why we added the stipulation in the trade that he has to play half the games if we make it to the eastern finals

So if he f***s up his back next week again were f***ed

Guess I'm one of the weird ones who is okay with what was given up, but just wondering why we haven't added defense first?

Obviously we still could. But that seemed like higher priority and would have been dealt with first...

I think there's a chance. We'll be in on Petry till the price goes to high, I think we'll be in on Zidlicky too, and if Toronto will take money back probably Dino as well. There's definitely reason to watch tomorrow to see if Kenny goes for it.