• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/4 GDT : Rangers 1 at Red Wings 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

Make no mistake, when I moved out here I thought I'd always be going to see games at MSG instead of the Prudential Center. I figured I'd enjoy the company of other Original Six fans. Boy was I wrong. Entitled, snobby, loutish, and boy do Rags fans think they're at the front of every hockey discussion. Like Leafs fans with a lot less cups.

And let's get down to brass tacks. In the words of Jud Heathcote, former MSU basketball coach on what he'd do to improve WIlliams Arena in Minneapolis applies equally to MSG:

"Burn it down." That place stinks outloud. The seating stinks, the aisles run horizontally many of them which means people blocking your view, and the concourse is like going through a narrow tunnel. Other than the magnificent city they play in I have no idea what Rangers fans have to be arrogant about. They've retired the #9 TWICE and together they don't equal our #9. They're the weak sister of the Original Six.

There, they can come grab that and say "You guys won't believe this moron on LGW!!"

I'm not understanding the Rag's fans. They lost. So what is they put a lot of shots on net. Whoop-dee-doo. How many games/series has the Wings lost over the years looking like that? It's about the timely goals; and this team has that in spades.

Lack of skill? Whatever. You can't be the number 1 PP in the league without skill. Honest opinion? Sore losers. They expected to wipe the floor with the Wings, because you know...they are the supposed "cup favorites". The Wings? This team was never supposed to make it to the playoffs according to critics and HFboards "critics", so as far as they are concerned? Over achievers AKA just a bubble team, AKA easy win.

Looks like they are a fan base that doesn't know how to handle the success of the team they root for. Horrible winners, and sore losers. Hate to read the web-sites I go to if they win the cup. Ugh.

Do I think this team can go all the way? Small chance. Do I think this team can make a huge splash? Hell, yea! Much bigger than any other fan base give this team credit for. I predict some salt coming the other way come playoff time courtesy of the Red Wings.

Side note. Whats with the personal attacks? So the RED WINGS win, and they say crap like "at least I don't live there." Really? Stay classy, eh.

Side note; not sure if it was just me but it looked like Zetterberg skated better than he did before he was even injured. Almost seems like he just wanted the time off. Good game by Jimmy too.

I couldn't agree more with this. Z was dominant out there, I don't think he lost a puck battle all night. He looked supremely confident.

Also Howie was in the zone!

This was definitely a stolen game by Howard. He was flat out phenomenal in multiple points of this game where the skaters were back on their heels and he had nothing but pressure coming his way.

Zidlicky was very noticeable, contributed offensively, seemed comfortable with his passing game, especially to Zett on the PP, and had a firm presence in his first game out there.

I think after a bit of line tinkering and some practices, Cole will find a comfort zone and contribute the way management expects him to when they dealt for him.

Overall, fun game to watch, fast paced at times, intense, and had a playoff atmosphere. Glad I was off tonight and got to watch it.

Not to take any thing away from Howie, he was in the zone and played great, turnovers were bad. I think the game was a lot closer then the shot count looked. Talbot was as good or better then Jimmy. He owned Jurco and and Tatar all night long. Rags had 8 more blocked shots and I don't know how many times we just missed the net. *facepalm* Gus. Each teak had momentum swings and this would be a fantastic conference finals.

Ohh and how about Jimmy's Matrix like blocker save off the back boards.

and yes Cole and Zidlicky will do just fine.

I think Stephan actually had his hand on Nyquist’s ballz at one point.

2 minutes for a non consensual reach around... :nono:

Great game by the Wings! It was one of those grinding games that could have been a playoff game in intensity. Howard played really well, but so did Talbot. The goal that New York scored was flukey, and the Wings got the flukey OT winner.

HA HA! You had the refs and the announcers on your side and you still lost! Shove it up your bunghole Vigneault!

New York was 1 for 3 on the power play

Detroit was 1 for 2 on the power play.

The refs were on New Yorks side? Really?

As for the announcers on their side, who cares. I mean seriously, the announcers don't decide the game.

This wasn't a "us against the world" game in the least bit. Give the Wings some credit, but don't make it sound like they just beat an undefeated 62-0 team with the refs giving them 10 powerplay chances while not giving us a chance. This was a very even game across the board. Both teams had great chances to score but the goalies stood on their heads.

^^ Just stop it already with your lame reply back. I comment what I see whether I am deemed a good enough fan in your eyes or not:

"Wings are the best at getting away with clutching and grabbing or whatever they do" -Vigneault(I mean that's some childish commenting, Babcock has never said stuff like that in mid game interview about any team..stay classy Vigneault), Jurco clearly tripped from behind, Zuccs holding Datsyuk's stick on the boards with the puck passed towards Datsyuk, "Yandle making a huge difference for the Rangers so far"-Pierre(no he wasn't but he did take an awful penalty that almost costed his team the point they got), warning for diving(it's either a dive or it isn't), Brassard in the crease hit Howard's pad with his skates on a goal(9 times out of 10 that's called on the Wings everytime) and Milburn calling a hold on Nyquist with both of Stepan's gloves bear hugging him? Geez Nyquist is one powerful dude if he can force a guy to bear hug him. Not sure if you watched the same game as me but if you don't mind that bs then don't reply to my comment.

Wings were outplayed for most of the game. They came out sluggish after their long break so it wasn't as even as the score seemed. Glad they still pulled it out and got an important two points. They(the mighty Rangers) might be stacked with free agent talent but they haven't won a Cup in 20 years. No need to hype them up anymore than they do in my area. They are a solid and fast team, no doubt(and they should be with that talent pool), but the drooling by the network is unwarranted and utterly Crosby-esque.

Edited by GoWings!

Am I the only one who thought Quincey had a rough game? I'm not blaming him, but I thought his skating was really choppy. I think he's had a fantastic season, but if his ankle injury is going to cause an issue, he should take care of it. Perhaps he just had an "off" game. Maybe I'm imagining things.

I'm 100% behind a healthy Quincey in the line-up. Hopefully he looks better next game.

Am I the only one who thought Quincey had a rough game? I'm not blaming him, but I thought his skating was really choppy. I think he's had a fantastic season, but if his ankle injury is going to cause an issue, he should take care of it. Perhaps he just had an "off" game. Maybe I'm imagining things.

I'm 100% behind a healthy Quincey in the line-up. Hopefully he looks better next game.

Anytime you miss a few games, your skating's going to suck/. Babcock commented on this during the post-game.

I thought DeKeyser had one of his worst games.

Anytime you miss a few games, your skating's going to suck/. Babcock commented on this during the post-game.

I thought DeKeyser had one of his worst games.

Yeah, quincey wasn'tas good as he had been, but first game back, and the bone spur things can't be helping.

Deke did look a little out of it at times, like he would make a good play, then turn the puck over directly after.

I think it's obvious Edzo does not like the Wings and Doc is just a creepy tool. NBC was drooling over the Rangers the whole game but that stuff doesn't bother me. It's annoying but whatever. When the wings score a huge goal it not only shuts up the other team but the commentators as well. Listen to the play by play when Datsyuk scored in game 1 of last years playoff series against Boston. Nothing but silence when your calling an un biased play by play of a huge and remarkable goal. That says it all

^^ Just stop it already with your lame reply back. I comment what I see whether I am deemed a good enough fan in your eyes or not:

Who said anything about you not being a good enough fan? I certainly didn't. I merely pointed out the fallacy with your post by showing facts. The Rangers did not have the refs in their pocket the entire game. There were just as many things the Wings got away with in that game that the Rangers had the right to complain about.

As for the announcers, my point stands. Because they were not homer announcers for the Wings doesn't matter to me. In the end, they have no bearing on the game itself. I watched the last period of the game with the volume on mute while I had the Red Wings radio play by play going instead.

But please, don't let me interrupt your spewing of bulls*** about how I didn't deem you a good fan.

We didn't play very well for most of the game, but we still got the win.

The refs missed some calls on both sides, I think its funny how much people complain about the red wings interference when you can watch other teams do the exact same thing.

This right here. I don't mind when the refs don't call the interference so long as its on both sides. If you look at what was called, then things get a lot more understandable.

Hooking, holding, slashing, holding, and holding penalties were called. No interference calls at all.

I am not saying that interference didn't exist last night because it did, but the refs were consistent in calling it even both ways which is all you can ask for in a hockey game as a player and as a fan.

^^ Yup all valid points I was making. I rarely use the refs as excuses and I am not because we were clearly outplayed last night for a good 75% of that game. I'm sure we've all been watching Wings hockey for a long time but when you see something that bad, people shouldn't act like I commited a sin for pointing out the network's unprofessional, douchey love for a team that has only 2 more points than we do right now and we have beaten them twice this year. How about talking about the 24th straight playoff appearance and not talk about Sheppard on 4 separate occasions? They hyped up Talbot(deservedly so) too and maybe should've mentioned Mrazek for doing the same thing when Jimmy went down.

Edited by GoWings!