• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
amato

Mike Green is using a stick that was discontinued almost a decade ago

Rate this topic

On the lighter side of things.. Mike Green found an old discontinued stealth like he used to use and loves it. He is now on a quest to find as many as possible so he doesn't have to switch back to new sticks again that are "heavier and less flexible."

I thought this article was funny, so I figured I'd share. Enjoy :P

http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2015/03/04/mike-green-is-playing-with-an-easton-stealth-stick-that-was-discontinued-almost-a-decade-ago/

Reminds me of the Canadien Cam Neely hockey sticks. It was my favorite, hardly any flex I could let rockets go with that stick. I started using them not long after he retired eventually his stick could not be found.

On the other hand I remember shelling out 35 bucks (was a lot for a wooden stick at the time) for a limited edition Steve Yzerman Louisville. They were individually wrapped, send down from the heavens and when I first gripped it I thought this is the stick that is going to smash any minor league goal records known to man. I took extra time tapping it, really my first true love. The second shot in pre-game warm up it shattered..... Along with my heart.

They need to bring back aluminum shaft stick..... New ones suck... Way to much flex; rather have a heavier stick

I bought the original z bubble, the green one.

And my first game with it I broke a blade, and while my dad went and bought another one I went back to my wooden christian.

Then I got it back for the third and it broke my second shift about 8 inches up from the blade.

I got my money back, but didn't buy another composite until the synergy came out.

Reminds me of the Canadien Cam Neely hockey sticks. It was my favorite, hardly any flex I could let rockets go with that stick. I started using them not long after he retired eventually his stick could not be found.

On the other hand I remember shelling out 35 bucks (was a lot for a wooden stick at the time) for a limited edition Steve Yzerman Louisville. They were individually wrapped, send down from the heavens and when I first gripped it I thought this is the stick that is going to smash any minor league goal records known to man. I took extra time tapping it, really my first true love. The second shot in pre-game warm up it shattered..... Along with my heart.

I had one of those Yzerman Louisvilles as well. The white one with red lettering, Yzerman stamped on it with a tapered handle at the end. I forget what ever happened to it. I think I may have used it for road hockey in the summer and destroyed it on the pavement.