• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Gus injured; Mrazek re-called

Rate this topic

Idk why you guys think Mrazek is going to do any better than Howard did against Calgary or how Gus did tonight. Have you forgetten that Mrazek too has let in 4-5 goals per game. MULTIPLE times. I think he went on a stretch (3 games in a row?) where he left 4,5 goals in consecutively. Yes I do believe Mrazek is a great goalie but lets not get too excited that he's some elite goalie that's going to save us. The wings have to play tighter in general in order to prevent these massacres from occuring.

I am definitely looking forward to Mrazek's puck handling to help the D out in a few games down this stretch tho.

Idk why you guys think Mrazek is going to do any better than Howard did against Calgary or how Gus did tonight. Have you forgetten that Mrazek too has let in 4-5 goals per game. MULTIPLE times. I think he went on a stretch (3 games in a row?) where he left 4,5 goals in consecutively. Yes I do believe Mrazek is a great goalie but lets not get too excited that he's some elite goalie that's going to save us. The wings have to play tighter in general in order to prevent these massacres from occuring.

I am definitely looking forward to Mrazek's puck handling to help the D out in a few games down this stretch tho.

He's 22 and it's normal he will have a few hiccups but he'll have way many better performances than bad ones ... A few of monsters goals he let in today were embarrassing

Mrazek is the future ... Gus will be in Sweden in a few years

He's 22 and it's normal he will have a few hiccups but he'll have way many better performances than bad ones ... A few of monsters goals he let in today were embarrassing

Mrazek is the future ... Gus will be in Sweden in a few years

That doesn't relate to anything i mentioned lol. The future has nothing to do with the current season. You're basically making the same point that I made. I'm just saying that there is no need to be excited to have Mrazek at the moment. He's 22 and not at an elite level yet. Let's not assume he's somehow going to do any better than Howard and Gus. The only thing positive coming out of him being called up is puck movement. As far as going from a starter (Howard) who screwed up in Calgary to a backup who let did pretty bad today (Gus), to a 22 year old who will have a "few hiccups" (since he's young) isn't really a quick fix or anything to be excited about for the present time.

Weiss' mistakes didnt really help Gus today. The team as whole needs to play tighter and finish the season strong. Doesn't matter who is in net at this point because all three are prone to screwing up in some way. We dont have a Lunquist on this roster. Maybe Mrazek could be in the future, but right now is 2015 and 2015 playoffs looming around.

Edited by kickazz

Mrazek is def not our savior. He's been called up because our backup goaltender is injured. We don't even know the nature of Gus injury. He could be out a week, or out for the season. The length of time Mrazek will be in Detroit will most likely depend on that. Either way, it's nice to have a good goalie with NHL experience to call up.

Did'nt see the game today, but saw some highlights. Gus did'nt look too good, but the team can't be giving up shorthanded breakaways to the opposition either. Tighten up the screws.

The key there is a 3 game stretch, where outside of those 3 games, in the 10+ he has played, he was stellar. Just look at the numbers he has been putting up since going back down. Couldn't hurt to give him a chance next game what so ever. He is on a roll right now.

Regardless, can't be any worse than the goaltending this team has gotten in the past 2 games.

Just like our $5 million dollar starter is prone to. Like it or not, this team has goaltending issues, and Mrazek won't be the magic fix.

Neither will Gus ... As for howard he's a good goalie I just don't think he has what it takes to help us win a cup

That being said I do think howard is a number 1 goalie (there are 30 teams after all) I just think in 1-2 yrs when it's clear as day that mrazek is miles ahead howard will be a nice trade chip to use

Could be a bold statement but I do think even this yr in the playoffs mrazek could be capable to steal us a series ...doesn't matter anyways cause as soon as Gus is healthy mrazek goes back down cause that's how we roll

Neither will Gus ... As for howard he's a good goalie I just don't think he has what it takes to help us win a cup

That being said I do think howard is a number 1 goalie (there are 30 teams after all) I just think in 1-2 yrs when it's clear as day that mrazek is miles ahead howard will be a nice trade chip to use

Could be a bold statement but I do think even this yr in the playoffs mrazek could be capable to steal us a series ...doesn't matter anyways cause as soon as Gus is healthy mrazek goes back down cause that's how we roll

Did'nt say Gus would fix our goaltending issues. He's part of the problem along with Howard. I'm hoping Mrazek can give some stability right now, but he's still got a ways to go before he leads this team into the playoffs and steals a series imo. Dudes still learning.

Well, we don't know how long Gus will be out. But, if it's a long time and Mrazek needs to start down the stretch and maybe a playoff game, then those games he played earlier in the season will prove to have been great NHL experience for him.

Edited by roboturner

Howard is fine, Gus is an injury-prone borderline NHL backup and Mrazek is a young, talented goaltender who needs to continue to get NHL experience. Our goalie situation doesn't worry me as much as the defense.

agreed. Having Mrazek in net might be a kick in the pants for this team to tighten the screws though. They got some wins recently riding on Howard's coat tails and it's not working anymore. It's especially frustrating because our forwards are putting on good pressure usually it's just no team can over come the defensive lapses and terrible turnovers unless you have phenomenal goaltending

Rookie goalie aged 22 goes 9-1 when big money goalie goes down and people are actually complaining about his goals against and save percentage? I mean I'll take an ugly win in a Game 7 SC Final over a dominating overtime loss. End result is all that counts. Jimmy has the potential to be a star but he is too shaky, especially come playoff time. I know we'll live and die by him but I would like to get out of the second round this year. I'm hoping Mrazek can play well enough to at least challenge Howard for the starting goalie position sooner rather than later.

Rookie goalie aged 22 goes 9-1 when big money goalie goes down and people are actually complaining about his goals against and save percentage? I mean I'll take an ugly win in a Game 7 SC Final over a dominating overtime loss. End result is all that counts. Jimmy has the potential to be a star but he is too shaky, especially come playoff time. I know we'll live and die by him but I would like to get out of the second round this year. I'm hoping Mrazek can play well enough to at least challenge Howard for the starting goalie position sooner rather than later.

I agree

There is the possibility that Howard struggles so much during the playoffs because of the percentage of games he plays when he's not injured. He could be the type of goalie that needs a tandem at least until the playoffs and him and Mrazek would be a great 1a 1b option next year

There is the possibility that Howard struggles so much during the playoffs because of the percentage of games he plays when he's not injured. He could be the type of goalie that needs a tandem at least until the playoffs and him and Mrazek would be a great 1a 1b option next year

This is a myth that Howard has struggled in the playoffs. We haven't had the team to go anywhere and so we didn't. Howard hasn't been the problem in years past.

Let Monster walk in the offseason, bring up Mrazek, sign Joey MacDonald

I like the idea of signing a veteran goalie, if only to insulate the situation in Grand Rapids. I'm thinking they will let McCollum walk, bring back Coreau, and Paterson will be turning pro. Maybe they keep McCollum, because of his RFA status, but I'd like to see him move on. Perhaps keep his rights and let him play overseas?

Either way, if the league winds up having another expansion draft, it might be smart to have a goaltender who meets the experience requirements. Not sure if they'll change, but in 2000 it was 10 games in the previous season, or 25 games in the previous two seasons. Not too many pending UFA's would qualify, though. Taking a quick look, I see Fasth and McElhinney as two goaltenders who would work.

At the very least, I think it would be smart to add a guy with some experience.