• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/12 GDT : Blue Jackets 3 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

This team has played like crap since the trades. But what really scares me is how bad our top 2 D have been. Kronwall and Ericsson have been brutal lately. Ericsson turned the wrong way on that last goal! thats 11 year old stuff

Who cares if boston passes us? It doesnt matter if we're on the road starting in tampa or on the road starting in some new york location.

true but it would be downright embrassing to be sitting there all year only for a late surging bos team to drop us back to where we were last year when we have no excuse to be there

Edited by sjr2012

This team has played like crap since the trades. But what really scares me is how bad our top 2 D have been. Kronwall and Ericsson have been brutal lately. Ericsson turned the wrong way on that last goal! thats 11 year old stuff

I'm sti not sure I fully blame Ericsson the forward pressure before the entered the zone on that side was nonexistent

I hate to agree with this, but you're absolutely right. With the way they are playing, the result will be the same.

Even if we're playing well i still don't think it'll matter. If and that's a big if we play well we can beat anyone in the east. Our D has to be lights out though. Still too flustered and just plain bad at moving the puck.

Even if we're playing well i still don't think it'll matter. If and that's a big if we play well we can beat anyone in the east. Our D has to be lights out though. Still too flustered and just plain bad at moving the puck.

And none of this taking periods off crap, I love the excitement of a come from behind win as much as anyone but I want to see a rout on occasion. We're more than capable.

I'm sti not sure I fully blame Ericsson the forward pressure before the entered the zone on that side was nonexistent

Blame him or not he turned the wrong way! That just shows how his head is not in the game at all.

This is what our defense is. Has the ability to play decent stretches of good hockey but overall, the entire lineup, aside from kronwall is not particularly good at anything. Not dynamic and no edge at all. Smith is really the only promising guy I see in this lineup. DD looks like a decent #4 on average defensive teams

That and he had to make the decision in a split second. On the other hand you can expect from a Top2 Defender to make the right decision in that time. It's not so much this mistake alone, it's the number of mistakes made by our top pair as a whole that concerns me. I wonder if Babs is changing the system because of our new acquisitions.

And none of this taking periods off crap, I love the excitement of a come from behind win as much as anyone but I want to see a rout on occasion. We're more than capable.

Agreed. We absolutely despise playing a full good game. :)

I don't expect to dominate every game but yes we are capable of dominating stretches.

Edited by DRW Dominance

Raise your hand if you said none of our regular defensemen could ever get scratched for marchenko? Clearly we aren't better with him in the lineup. Except all those games we won against good teams...with him in the lineup.

Yeah they can't say that the defense is playing too well to change. Take out Ericsson, Marchenko can match his size that he doesn't bother using, and put DK and Kronwall together with Quincey and Marchenko then Zidlicky and Smith