• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

themcityblues

Mrazek to start how many games?

Rate this topic

Any idea on how many games Mrazek can be expected to start for the remainder of the season, now that glass bones and paper skin Gus is injured again? Also, has anybody said how long Gus might be out? I saw it's a concussion, so it sounds bad and that it might possibly be the end of Gus this season? The team has an excellent win/loss ratio with Petr in net, although his numbers have only been decent.

Edited by themcityblues

They're going to roll with Jimmy, trying to get him into playoff form, the only way I see petr starting any more than back to back is if Jimmy falters more than they can overcome in the regular season.

But I wanna say why I think they had such a good record with him in net.

I think they didn't trust(and rightfully so) him to keep the game too close and his puck movement is drastically underrated.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

They're going to roll with Jimmy, trying to get him into playoff form, the only way I see petr starting any more than back to back is if Jimmy falters more than they can overcome in the regular season.

But I wanna say why I think they had such a good record with him in net.

I think they didn't trust(and rightfully so) him to keep the game too close and his puck movement is drastically underrated.

It's not underrated at all

Maybe he'll start tomorrow in Pittsburgh. I thought for sure he'd get the start in Philly today with the back to back games.

As for Gus, he has "concussion-like symptoms". Would'nt be surprised if he's done for the season, and therefore done as a Red Wing i'm sure. Poor guy just can't catch a break. I wonder how much longer he'll even be in the NHL with his injury history. If any team does take a chance on him, it'll most likely be short term at a low salary. He may just head back to Sweden and play there as well.

he should start every one of them from here on out. I will take 9-2 with a 2.55 GAA over Jimmy's skidmark, s***stain hunk of crap play. Howard, much like Franzen has just failed and failed in proving that they are worth the contract they signed...way overpaid for this garbage.

Yes, bring in Mrazek for the rest of the season, it will be nice to see this kid win the #1 spot while there is $5.2M riding the pine!

Maybe he'll start tomorrow in Pittsburgh. I thought for sure he'd get the start in Philly today with the back to back games.

As for Gus, he has "concussion-like symptoms". Would'nt be surprised if he's done for the season, and therefore done as a Red Wing i'm sure. Poor guy just can't catch a break. I wonder how much longer he'll even be in the NHL with his injury history. If any team does take a chance on him, it'll most likely be short term at a low salary. He may just head back to Sweden and play there as well.

Why do you hate him so much that you're wishing for him to be done?

he should start every one of them from here on out. I will take 9-2 with a 2.55 GAA over Jimmy's skidmark, s***stain hunk of crap play. Howard, much like Franzen has just failed and failed in proving that they are worth the contract they signed...way overpaid for this garbage.

Yes, bring in Mrazek for the rest of the season, it will be nice to see this kid win the #1 spot while there is $5.2M riding the pine!

Don't be shy, tell us how you really feel

Why do you hate him so much that you're wishing for him to be done?

I'm obv a fan of his if you see my avatar, and have defended him against the haters on this board.

I'm not wishing for him to be done. Far from it. I'd be really happy if he came back, but i'm being realistic. Concussion symptoms can linger for awhile, and even if he is healthy for next season, I doubt he'll be resigned because Mrazek has to come up. And I honestly can't see another team taking a chance on him long term with his injury history. Heart, groin, shoulder, concussion..it's a long list and somewhat of a risk. That's why I said most likely short term at low salary.

The team seems to score more in front of mrazek.. honestly, it seems like they're too comfortable in front of Howard.

I think the team plays more relaxed in front of Mrazek because of how he handles the puck. He handles it with more confidence than Jimmy. He is also at times more confident and poised in the net. It is also true that sometimes Mrazek will really get a bit lost coming out too far and over-challenging. But, on balance, my opinion is that Jimmy has not played great since coming back from the groin tear (which by the way was caused by one of his horrific mishandles behind the net...resulting in him scrambling awkwardly back to the net). I think overall we played some of our best hockey when Mrazek was starting...perhaps his puck handling gets the offense rolling from the defensive end. I would let Jimmy sit and gather himself for an extended period of time...and go with Mrazek. This team needs a shake up and this would do it. Let Jimmy back up for awhile.

I also would get Marchenko back in there once he is healed and perhaps sit Ericsson for awhile...he makes way too many mistakes and needs a bit of a break.

Weiss should sit as well...he is inconsequential on a team that needs difference makers.

I think players go thru funks and when they are in a funk, just sit them. Rest them for awhile. Don't grind the same guys out there who are having problems.

I think the team plays more relaxed in front of Mrazek because of how he handles the puck. He handles it with more confidence than Jimmy. He is also at times more confident and poised in the net. It is also true that sometimes Mrazek will really get a bit lost coming out too far and over-challenging. But, on balance, my opinion is that Jimmy has not played great since coming back from the groin tear (which by the way was caused by one of his horrific mishandles behind the net...resulting in him scrambling awkwardly back to the net). I think overall we played some of our best hockey when Mrazek was starting...perhaps his puck handling gets the offense rolling from the defensive end. I would let Jimmy sit and gather himself for an extended period of time...and go with Mrazek. This team needs a shake up and this would do it. Let Jimmy back up for awhile.

I also would get Marchenko back in there once he is healed and perhaps sit Ericsson for awhile...he makes way too many mistakes and needs a bit of a break.

Weiss should sit as well...he is inconsequential on a team that needs difference makers.

I think players go thru funks and when they are in a funk, just sit them. Rest them for awhile. Don't grind the same guys out there who are having problems.

i say yes to marchenko and to mrazek. i really think we should give weiss a shot at the job he came here for. let him centre the 2nd line for the rest of the season and see how he handles it. it can't be any worse than what is happening right now anyway.

Not saying it's all Howie's fault but these numbers are not very good.

Howard's stat since coming back (not including yesterday)

5 wins 5 losses

Pitt 4-4 1.000 0 ga 0.00 gaa 20 mins played
Win 34-38 .894 4 ga 4.0 gaa 60 mins played
Mon 27-28 .964 1 ga 1.03 gaa 58 mins played
Chi 32-34 .941 2 ga 2.0 gaa 60 mins played
Dal 26-32 .812 6 ga 7.2 gaa 50 mins played
Ana 22-25 .880 3 ga 3.0 gaa 60 mins played
SJS 20-22 .909 2 ga 2.0 gaa 60 mins played
NYR 39-40 .975 1 ga .98 gaa 61 mins played
Cal 19-23 .826 4 ga 4.21 gaa 57 mins played
Bos 6-7 .857 1 ga 3.52 gaa 17 mins played
Edm 36-38 .947 2 ga 2.03 gaa 59 mins played
Col 23-26 .884 3 ga 3.15 gaa 57 mins played

Edited by darkmanx

I think after yesterday's play Quincey should be the d man to sit.. agree on giving marchenko some time and yeah, mrazeks puck playing ability does wonders for the breakout at times.

Something tells me that the Howard supporters, regardless of how the offence was or wasn't playing, wouldn't be giving Mrazek a pass if he had a 4-6 record, a .898 SV%, and a 3.XX Goals against his past 13 appearances. And yet, those are Howard's numbers since coming back.

Something tells me that the Howard supporters, regardless of how the offence was or wasn't playing, wouldn't be giving Mrazek a pass if he had a 4-6 record, a .898 SV%, and a 3.XX Goals against his past 13 appearances. And yet, those are Howard's numbers since coming back.

I'm a howard supporter and I don't give him a pass for his bad play as of late,although part of the blame also falls on the defensive efforts (or lack thereof)

I'm a howard supporter and I don't give him a pass for his bad play as of late,although part of the blame also falls on the defensive efforts (or lack thereof)

Fair enough, the D hasn't been playing well at all.

It just gets a little annoying when people act like just because Howie is the starting goalie (and with that sometimes gets too much undeserved flack) he is somehow infallible in all of this.

Sure you can look at each goal individually and say "defensive break down, he had no shot". And while that is true for some (maybe alot) of them, it's pretty clear that he is a portion of the liability right now.

Edit: And also, they keep bringing up how Mraz had a few bad games, posted bad numbers and got pulled. But if Howie has a few bad games, posts bad numbers.... well it's not his fault!

Edited by roboturner

Howard is a number 1 goalie but not a star elite goalie in my opinion ... Someone who can steal you series by themselves , I believe mrazek will be a star goalie in this league

Mrazek has the swag, the confidence to never let a bad goal get him down , he's already been successful in his career and he's just 22 ... I think he's the future and howard In a year or 2 will be nice trade bait

Now as for the rest of the year we all know Babcock loves to ride the hot goalie .... What happens if mrazek wins tonight ? Then let's say wins 10 straight games before losing ... Think Babcock will start mrazek in the playoffs? Or start the veteran howard?

Another thing on howard ... To make it clear I'm not blaming him for all these losses lately but some goals he's let in has been really bad and I'm sure can't be good for the team when there trying to come back in the games ... That being said howard has to be a hell of a lot better and the team defense as well

I'm pulling for mrazek though ... 32 save shutout this afternoon

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

I like backhandedly calling people hypocrites without any fact or evidence to support it as much as the next guy, but.... I forgot what else I was going to say. Oh well.

Why do you seemingly carry this assumption that anyone who supports Howard automatically hates Mrazek?

Edited by barabbas16

Because that's what happened?? I didn't say everybody does, but surely there are some that do that. well they don't hate him, but...I'm not going to go through a bunch of old GDTs to find all the "poor rebound control" "he's just not ready, back to the AHL" comments about Mrazek that wouldn't get made about a 6 year veteran

Edited by roboturner