• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/19 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Panthers 3

Rate this topic

Nyquist is still getting chances and creating. I don't hate Andersson like everyone else here I thought he had a decent game last night. I think Miller was our worst forward last night

And Tatar looked hungover. Dekeseyer is having a real rough patch of games as well

Nyquist is still getting chances and creating. I don't hate Andersson like everyone else here I thought he had a decent game last night. I think Miller was our worst forward last night

It's always easy to pick on the fourth line, or third pair defense. But prolonged losing slumps are rarely their fault. Miller's job isn't to score goals. And we didn't score any. And we lost. Miller's job is to play defensively responsible hockey for about 12:00 a game, and kill penalties. Which he did.

kipwinger - "It's always easy to pick on the forth line, or third pair defense"... (a.k.a. Brendan Smith)... No kidding eh? :lol:

Showing video of Smith screwing up, and blaming him for loses aren't the same thing. I did the first. I never did the second. And if you'd take the time to go look at my recent comments on Smith you'd see that I said this at the time I posted the videos of his play:

"Third pair defense are rarely to blame for losing streaks, and this is no different. But you are all insane if you think Smith has played well the last three games. He hasn't. I don't blame him for the failures of our PK, but he's EASILY been our worst defenseman 5 on 5. Here's the evidence. Disagree with me? Go find the videos to prove it."

I know that you're just dying to catch me contradicting myself, but you're just going to have to keep trying.

And Tatar looked hungover. Dekeseyer is having a real rough patch of games as well

Tatar didn't get much sleep the night before cause he was crying after losing Pav for a couple games.

It was a joke, relax... And no I'm not trying to "catch you" doing anything. I just found it funny how you said it's easy to pick on the third line, and that's what you constantly do. Smith turns the puck over, worst defenseman ever... Kronwall or DeKeyser turns the puck over, no big deal... It was probably Smiths fault for being on the ice 20 feet away...

Yeah, zombo. There's no way Smith is a top 4. I mean, Babcock always plays his players in their appropriate lines / positions... Smith has no top 4 potential because I mean, you, Kip, number9 and a few others don't see it... He's a career bottom sixer. That's if he even lasts in the NHL...

Our 4th line has had a serious drop off. They're taking penalties, our penalty killing has sucked and they're just surviving while out on the ice. Remember when we had one of the best looking 4th lines in the NHL. They used to own the puck and eat up minutes while creating energy. I really think this whole team is completely out of gas

It was a joke, relax... And no I'm not trying to "catch you" doing anything. I just found it funny how you said it's easy to pick on the third line, and that's what you constantly do. Smith turns the puck over, worst defenseman ever... Kronwall or DeKeyser turns the puck over, no big deal... It was probably Smiths fault for being on the ice 20 feet away...

Yeah, zombo. There's no way Smith is a top 4. I mean, Babcock always plays his players in their appropriate lines / positions... Smith has no top 4 potential because I mean, you, Kip, number9 and a few others don't see it... He's a career bottom sixer. That's if he even lasts in the NHL...

Sigh.

My most recent criticism of Smith was in response to people saying "Smith's been our best defenseman lately". Which wasn't true. During the period in question he'd regularly blown his defensive assignments, and in some cases even catastrophically screwed up (e.g. turned the puck over for goals and/or breakaways). He was awful 5 on 5, and since he doesn't regularly play on the special teams, I'm not sure how that statement could be true.

I don't pick on Smith. He's a third pair defenseman, who plays like a third pair defenseman. I only point out Smith's screw ups when dim bulbs around here start saying demonstrably false things like "Smith's been our best defenseman".

I thought people from The Rock were supposed to be laid back? :lol:

I wasn't stating my opinion. I was merely making an observation about the epic cat fight between you and hair-metal dude over Smith that's been going on for about four ******* months now.

But I'll never do that again. Yeeeesh.

For the record, I actually like Smith.

I wasn't stating my opinion. I was merely making an observation about the epic cat fight between you and hair-metal dude over Smith that's been going on for about fourf****** months now.

I don't "dislike" Smith. I just recognize what he is. An underwhelming, third pair, defenseman with upside.

He's like a less good MIchael Del Zotto.

So basically Jamie McBain.

Edited by kipwinger

Sigh...

Okay so if someone said DeKeyser has been our best defenseman lately you would spend your time going through footage of the past 5 games pointing out every turnover would you? You would point out that awful coverage in last game, when he allowed a weak pass from the other end of the ice get past him to a wide open Boyes for a clear cut breakaway... No, you only go through such lengths to prove Smith's blunders...

The point is, a lot of people on here (you especially) are undeservedly extra critical of Smith's play. He has cut down on his turnovers, he does sometimes try to make the cute play instead of keeping things simple, but he has been improving leaps and bounds since the beginning of last season. His game has never been about defense but he has improved in that area immensely, all while providing a spark offensively. He will continue to get better, and I believe he will grow into a legit top 4 defenseman. Time will tell...

zombo, I am very laid back, I just hate the constant nit-picking over Smith's game, when he has been playing very good hockey of late. I love DeKeyser and I do think he is a better defenseman but he hasn't been sharp at all lately and you never hear anything about it, other than the subtle comment in GDT's.

zombo, I am very laid back, I just hate the constant nit-picking over Smith's game, when he has been playing very good hockey of late. I love DeKeyser and I do think he is a better defenseman but he hasn't been sharp at all lately and you never hear anything about it, other than the subtle comment in GDT's.

I don't "dislike" Smith. I just recognize what he is. An underwhelming, third pair, defenseman with upside.

He's like a less good MIchael Del Zotto.

So basically Jamie McBain.

I understand all of this. I just wish you two would settle this debate. We've got Trolls to battle. :lol:

I wasn't stating my opinion. I was merely making an observation about the epic cat fight between you and hair-metal dude over Smith that's been going on for about fourf****** months now.

I tried to step in and mediate once,

Kip tried to fight my mom and krsmith and I just ended arguing till I *almost turned into kip.

(*kip turned into me, and now a mixture of the workaholics guy/a wrestler)

Sigh...

Okay so if someone said DeKeyser has been our best defenseman lately you would spend your time going through footage of the past 5 games pointing out every turnover would you? You would point out that awful coverage in last game, when he allowed a weak pass from the other end of the ice get past him to a wide open Boyes for a clear cut breakaway... No, you only go through such lengths to prove Smith's blunders...

The point is, a lot of people on here (you especially) are undeservedly extra critical of Smith's play. He has cut down on his turnovers, he does sometimes try to make the cute play instead of keeping things simple, but he has been improving leaps and bounds since the beginning of last season. His game has never been about defense but he has improved in that area immensely, all while providing a spark offensively. He will continue to get better, and I believe he will grow into a legit top 4 defenseman. Time will tell...

But here's my vow to you. The next time someone says Dekeyser is our best defenseman over the last three games, and in reality he was wholly (or partially) responsible for three goals against and a breakaway...I'll look up the video.

Just do me a favor and point out when people say that about Dekeyser in those situations, because as far as I can tell they never do.

I understand all of this. I just wish you two would settle this debate. We've got Trolls to battle. :lol:

I didn't bring Smith up today. Didn't say a word about him.

I tried to step in and mediate once,

Kip tried to fight my mom and krsmith and I just ended arguing till I *almost turned into kip.

(*kip turned into me, and now a mixture of the workaholics guy/a wrestler)

Your mom is my mom too...because we are the same. So are you saying that I tried to fight our mom? Because nobody talks about our mom that way! And if you say it again I will punch your mom in the face, so help me god!

For some reason I get the impression we have the same sense of humor. Can't put my finger on it though.

I've been taken to the "you can't vote on your own comment," at least ten times already going to like your stuff.

Ha.

Maybe we can trade Smith for his ghost. :g:

2am79t.jpg

This ghost.

He'd be throwing back kicks from the blue line.