• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jeff48109

Matthew Wuest, Capgeek founder, passes away from cancer

Rate this topic

Such sad and terrible news. The world is that much darker and less informed now that he is gone.

I remember hearing more than one NHL GM advise a reporter to check CapGeek for an answer. To me, there could have been no better endorsement for his site and his work.

Rest In Peace Matthew. Thank you for all you did for hockey fans.

Guest Playmaker

Might be being a bit selfish here, but I wish capgeek could have continued as a tribute to him. I'm thinking he felt like no one else would put the work in that he did. Way too young and way too much still left to contribute.

I'm kinda with you on that..

He could have sold it off to someone to continue the site.

Having said that, it's sad to hear of his passing.

Might be being a bit selfish here, but I wish capgeek could have continued as a tribute to him. I'm thinking he felt like no one else would put the work in that he did. Way too young and way too much still left to contribute.

R.I.P. Matt was a good guy, based on the limited dealings I had with him at RWC. CapGeek was a phenomenal site, and his prospects coverage at RWC was top notch as well. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

Guest Playmaker

Not positive on this, but it was my understanding he wasn't interested in selling the rights or having anyone else run the site. Really miss capgeek, but I have the feeling it wouldn't be the same without him.

It would be nice to see the NHL purchase the rights to Capgeek, all proceeds going to Matt's family. RIP Matt, sad to see something like this.

I'd rather TSN do that. The league would ruin it.