• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/20 GDT : Red Wings 1 Tampa Bay Lightning 3

Rate this topic

I know we didn't play horrible today but is it just me or has the team started to feel like last year's red wings? They seemed to have turned a corner but regressed recently

Edited by mvanpop

Howard is now 20-12-9 on the season. This game was in absolutely no way his fault, but he just can't find a way to win games.

You say the game is not his fault but then your statement right after is basically saying it is since he didnt find a way to win the game :withstupid:

Being an 8 seed is a successful season? My, things sure have changed in Hockeytown.

To the management of the team unfortunately it seems so

Wait, What? Our top pair d-men are bad? Well according to Babcock, Ericsson is our top line pairing guy. Guess we cannot argue that then, can we? IMO, neither Ericsson nor Kronwall are legit top pairing guys. Kronwall has no balls anymore, he needs to go back to being the Kronwaller than makes him effective, not this soft piece of jelly donut he has turned into. Ericsson is, will and never was a top pairing guy, it is still of my opinion, he could disappear today and Marchenko could step right into the lineup and Ericsson would not even be missed. But I digress, because Babcock is "The Man" with the best hockey knowledge out there and knows how to put lines together in order to guarantee the best results! Sure had to love that Tatar-Andersson- Pukkinen line the last couple of games, what an insult to Tats and Pulkks...

I know we didn't play horrible today but is it just me or has the team started to feel like last year's red wings? They seemed to have turned a corner but regressed recently

Blame it on injuries .. Just like last year. When this team is fully healthy which we were for what first 50-60 games we were competing for first. Need everyone at 100% and team is night and day every night.

You say the game is not his fault but then your statement right after is basically saying it is since he didnt find a way to win the game :withstupid:

The "he just can't seem to win games (plural)" seemed to be in reference to his 20-21 record. "This game was in absolutely no way his fault" exonerates him from this loss and seems pretty straightforward...

Maybe turn that sign around to yourself. Your Howard persecution complex is ridiculous.

Edited by roboturner

Blame it on injuries .. Just like last year. When this team is fully healthy which we were for what first 50-60 games we were competing for first. Need everyone at 100% and team is night and day every night.

Yeah it just seems like everyone, including Zetterberg, are uncomfortable or tired which I hope is just from Dats being out and it'll all go back to normal Sunday when he returns.

Bullcrap. We're like middle of the pack in man games lost.

s***ty night all together. The wings lost then my car was stolen. So Ya, hoping the wings pull out a win tomorrow

All you had to do was ask for your car back and I would have given it to you...crybaby

But for real though, that sucks. Where did it happen?

Edit: and the Wings sucked too but I don't want to talk about it

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

All you had to do was ask for your car back and I would have given it to you...crybaby

But for real though, that sucks. Where did it happen?

Edit: and the Wings sucked too but I don't want to talk about it

I just figured it was Jimmy's evil twin. It was outside my girlfriend's place. Middle of the night

Keep replaying that Stamkos play on Kronwall and its stuff like that that shows how we can't let up and must be hungrier. Ottawa and Boston won't lose another game it seems. Wings better wake up tomorrow, gonna be tough especially if Datsyuk isn't in and if he is he can't be sleepwalking like his last 5-6 games.

I just figured it was Jimmy's evil twin. It was outside my girlfriend's place. Middle of the night

Maybe your subtle hints of truculence stirred up an urge for an irrationally violent/criminal act from the family O' Grimes.

Ha.

But seriously, that sucks.

I hope everything works out with it.

It's sad that even when Datsyuk is "sleepwalking" he's our best forward every night, Z hasn't been terrible but he's streaky just like Nyquist his points come in bunches I'd much rather have him get an assist every other game and put up 30 goals

If Datsyuk played with Ovi or Stammer he'd have 82 assists every season and lord knows he can put the puck in the back of the net as well, also Nyquist is at his best in odd man rushes and in the middle of the ice last year he was getting way more ice time than he is now on the third line call him what you want but 20 goals is 20 goals.

I'm sure if babs kept him on the first line all year he'd have 30 goals you see the chances Cole and Abby have gotten, Nyquist can finish most of those

Keep replaying that Stamkos play on Kronwall and its stuff like that that shows how we can't let up and must be hungrier. Ottawa and Boston won't lose another game it seems. Wings better wake up tomorrow, gonna be tough especially if Datsyuk isn't in and if he is he can't be sleepwalking like his last 5-6 games.

Kronwall was gassed. You could see right after that he was pissed that he couldn't handle the play

Man, it is so annoying watching these nbc games.

Jackman interferes with Z and instead of commenting on how the Blues do that a lot, they use it as a springboard to jump into a rant about how the Wings love to "subtlely interfere". Then again, a second time, before 10 minutes had even gone by they go on ANOTHER rant about the Wings "subtle interference".

Funny how they fail to mention the dozen plus non-called embellishment/dives the Blues had. Especially in the last 5 minutes or so of that period. Almost every time a Wings player came near or bumped into them, they dove to the ice or flopped around and threw their stick to try to draw a penalty.

Ridiculous...

EDIT: HAHA, wrong GDT. (Why is this the one at the top???)

Edited by sleepwalker