• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WhiteLightning91

The Futures of Tatar & Nyquist

Rate this topic

I would say that I think Detroit will not be in that same situation is because Ken Holland will not let his salary cap get out of control again. Hudler left them once before for more money (to the KHL(which really soured me on him)) and then he was looking for top dollar again when he signed in Calgary. (by this time everyone wanted him gone so it was no big loss) So he was just looking for the biggest payday he could find. When Filppula left, the going rate for a 2nd line center was through the roof and Holland's plan for the rest of the team (I believe that was the same year he went balls out for Suter) didn't have any room left under the cap for that going rate. Holland will not let the cap control him again, he will contiue to grow his own talent, pay them accordingly and if the time comes where they are just looking for the payday and they no longer fit in the team cap structure, that is when he will lose them.

Actually the Suter fail was the previous year. Holland let Filpulla walk and basically signed Weiss for the same amount and term. I don't compare Filpulla to Nyquist or Tatar. I compare him to Weiss, for obvious reasons. Now I'm no expert, but I think Filpulla > Weiss.

Actually the Suter fail was the previous year. Holland let Filpulla walk and basically signed Weiss for the same amount and term. I don't compare Filpulla to Nyquist or Tatar. I compare him to Weiss, for obvious reasons. Now I'm no expert, but I think Filpulla > Weiss.

Mainly because Babcock actually played Filpulla.

I would say that I think Detroit will not be in that same situation is because Ken Holland will not let his salary cap get out of control again. Hudler left them once before for more money (to the KHL(which really soured me on him)) and then he was looking for top dollar again when he signed in Calgary. (by this time everyone wanted him gone so it was no big loss) So he was just looking for the biggest payday he could find. When Filppula left, the going rate for a 2nd line center was through the roof and Holland's plan for the rest of the team (I believe that was the same year he went balls out for Suter) didn't have any room left under the cap for that going rate. Holland will not let the cap control him again, he will contiue to grow his own talent, pay them accordingly and if the time comes where they are just looking for the payday and they no longer fit in the team cap structure, that is when he will lose them.

I don't see how not getting Suter was a failure considering he wanted to play kind of close to home and with Parise. There's no way the Wings were going to give them those matching contracts, because it was stupid and a desperation move.

Weiss isn't getting a chance to show what he can do. I don't know if it's personal with Babcock, or he's not picking up the system, or if he's not getting along with the rest of the team, or what. Filppula isn't worth his contract either though.

Bah. I think Tatar has probably the most upside, purely because of his tenacity, desire for the puck, and his hunger to be good. You can see it on every shift. Yes he's been quiet lately, but no player is ever on all of the time. I reckon that they'll both stay, because right now they're both our main scoring threats, and I doubt KH would want to let go of them. Nyquist is good, and will be good too, but I have a feeling that he's come back down to earth slightly after his amazing run last year. He could still end up around a 30 goal scorer per year though. The good news is, I don't see KH getting rid of either of these guys, and we've all seen how essential secondary scoring is in this league. They'll both be here for a while is my prediction