• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Smite

Red Wings have 5 players with at least 20 goals

Rate this topic

Looking forward to the postseason, I think the biggest name on there is Abdelkader. He has become the epitome of a playoff style player (well.. I suppose we'll see if that's true when we get there). His goals are greasy, dirty, and he has been wreaking havoc in the crease, in the corners, and is still defensively sound. As Cole continues to mesh with the Wings I think having him and Abby as a one-two punch in our top six could be the difference between success and failure in the playoffs.

I believe during some pre-season interview Holland said he was hoping for a best-case of 6 or 7 20 goal guys. Funny thing is, if I rememeber correctly, he figured two of those cats would be Franzen and Weiss.

For a minute there, it looked like both of those guys might have been able to do it too. Franzen started out really strong before his injury, and Weiss was going like gangbusters for a bit too. Dang.

That's great, but when we desperately need one, can those guys deliver?

Signed,

Negative Nancy

Dude, there's no way your first name is 'Negative'. But then again we're Wings fans rooting for a non-Presidential Trophy at the moment.

If we can get 5-6 20 goal guys then we should be fine offensively IMO. Looking at Z, Datsyuk, Franzen, Gus, Tatar and one more….

Alfie, Hopefully Weiss as well

Hell Sheahan even scored 9 goals in 42 games this season so he could score 20 in 82 as well. Jurco had 8 goals in 36 games so he could be a 20g man as well.

I bookmarked these posts I made in the offseason to see how far off I would be with my bold speculation, haha. That Alfie guy really let us down this year with his production.

I'll take your word for it that 5 leads the league....makes sense, 5 or 6 normally would...which puts what the 1978 Bruins in perspective. They had 11 guys score 20 or more goals that year.

Not hard to score in that era when you had open nets to shoot at. Goalies were never in the crease, all you had to do was leg kick and the goalie would be screwed.

My dad used to show me video of Hockey around that time, and I thought "Was everyone really that stupid and no team said to the goalie, stay in the net".

Not hard to score in that era when you had open nets to shoot at. Goalies were never in the crease, all you had to do was leg kick and the goalie would be screwed.

My dad used to show me video of Hockey around that time, and I thought "Was everyone really that stupid and no team said to the goalie, stay in the net".

I wouldnt be so quick to disregard players from that era. Yeah the goalies werent as great, but you were getting hacked slashed and grabbed at every turn.

The game took more then just skill and speed to play, you 100% had to be tough. Guys like semin (just a random example) wouldnt even come close to making it in the NHL at that time

They have 5 20 goal scorers but still are just in the middle of the pack in terms of goals scored if I remember. Back in the glory days they were near the top of the league in goals scored and gave up the fewest goals and now you wonder why the Cup winning days are long gone!

They have 5 20 goal scorers but still are just in the middle of the pack in terms of goals scored if I remember. Back in the glory days they were near the top of the league in goals scored and gave up the fewest goals and now you wonder why the Cup winning days are long gone!

When was that? When the cap didn't exist? Sorry but the cap has introduced parity, get used to it because we will never dominate like we did before.

We are too spoiled now. If things don't go or way we whine about them like we are entitled to something. Be thankful we are not the Leafs, Rangers or even Edmonton. They haven't won a cup in forever and two of those teams absolutely suck with no chance they get better. I said it before and will say it again, if Detroit wasn't as successful as they were in the pst half the "fans" wouldn't be here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldnt be so quick to disregard players from that era. Yeah the goalies werent as great, but you were getting hacked slashed and grabbed at every turn.

The game took more then just skill and speed to play, you 100% had to be tough. Guys like semin (just a random example) wouldnt even come close to making it in the NHL at that time

Yet those tough guys were consistently dominated by the pure skill and speed Soviet team?

6th in the league isn't middle of the pack.