• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Wing

3/26 GDT: Sharks 6 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

:lol: yeah, I got the banhammer for a personal attack on myself.

But weren't the Wings strong in the faceoff this season? Or am I making that up?

They were 2nd in the league for half the season. Their strong possession numbers were driven by faceoff wins. A large offensive strategy was to just throw it on goal, and get an offensive zone faceoff and the carry possession.

After further extensive research I've been able to identify the primary factor to the Wings lackluster play.....No goons in the line up.

EDIT - allow me explain...We could use a guy on the bench to punch a fellow Wing teammate for playing like crap...You cough up the puck at the blue line POW! a punch in the face.

You don't back check, and the winger you were assigned to cover scores a goal BAM! a knuckle sandwich...You get what I'm sayin :crazy:

Only after the soccer mums and dads are done sending flowers and love letters to the enemy for punching Z

Only after the soccer mums and dads are done sending flowers and love letters to the enemy for punching Z

Lol This is coming from the guy who spends most of his time on LGW writing love letters about guys who punch other guys in the face ha

It's my Wings wall calendar. I just realized that Mule was Mr. March. I flipped it to April, in a vain attempt to change our mojo this weekend.

April is Ericsson, so I am not promising anything. :sleepy:

I'd recommend using an older calendar and changing the year.

I really don't know what happened to big E slower, unknown errors :unsure:

Do they have a stat for straight up possession? Like, literally how many minutes (per game) one team has the puck?

Not that I'm aware of. Though it sure seems like teams would be smart to employ someone to do just that.

Instead there's corsi, which allegedly correlates reasonably well with possession time. I'm not sure how rigorously that's been tested though. As a team stat it makes sense. Get lots of shots generally means you spent a lot of time in the offensive zone, which generally means you had possession. On an individual player basis though I think it's pretty useless. There's so much context needed that at that point you just need to watch the game.

Sheahan hurt during this game. Won't play Saturday. Datsyuk questionable as well. Ladies and gents, your 2nd line center..................Joakim Andersson.

2nd line center, net front on the 2nd PP unit, a fixture on the PK..... he's.... REAL GUD.

2nd line center, net front on the 2nd PP unit, a fixture on the PK..... he's.... REAL GUD.

It's pathetic to be honest, Anderson is horrible, play weiss over him he skates better, is better with the puck, and can make more plays. I want to see weiss as the third line center with maybe cole and pulk. Sheahan should move up with Pav or Z and play the wing. If the helm- datsyuk-tatar line struggles Id move helm down to the 4th with glenny and jurco. Miller out and go pure offense since this team can't play well defensively anyways. You'd have...

Tatar- datsyuk- sheahan

Abby-z -nyquist

Cole- weiss- pulk

Jurco- helm- glenny

It's pathetic to be honest, Anderson is horrible, play weiss over him he skates better, is better with the puck, and can make more plays. I want to see weiss as the third line center with maybe cole and pulk. Sheahan should move up with Pav or Z and play the wing. If the helm- datsyuk-tatar line struggles Id move helm down to the 4th with glenny and jurco. Miller out and go pure offense since this team can't play well defensively anyways. You'd have...

Tatar- datsyuk- sheahan

Abby-z -nyquist

Cole- weiss- pulk

Jurco- helm- glenny

poor poor goalie whoever is in net ..