• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Mikael Samuelsson announces retirement

Rate this topic

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/26/veteran-nhler-mikael-samuelsson-calls-it-a-career/?utm_network=facebook&utm_post=3530541&utm_source=FB%20-%20NHL%20on%20NBC%20Sports&utm_tags=srm%5Bhockey%2Carticle%5D

11258226-large.jpg

"Oh Sammy Boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling...."

So long, Sammy. Thanks for your contributions in the 2008 Cup.

Edited by Hockeytown0001

What I will always remember about him is when he'd put the puck on his backhand, skate in a circle and couldn't figure out what to do with it after that.

I also thought of game 1 of the 2008 SCF. And the endless jokes we did about him on LGW. Hard to replace such a character around here. It will be even more sad when Dano retires.

<sigh> I loved that guy. Ever since I was watching that game in 2008 and telling my friend how he never scores, and he did, and I told her how she would probably never see him do it again, and he did, I have loved him.

If you can shock me into silence twice in a few minutes by doing good things, I will love you forever.

Fare thee well, Shinguard Assassin.

2176-MikaelSamuelsson.jpg

Edited by 55fan

<sigh> I loved that guy. Ever since I was watching that game in 2008 and telling my friend how he never scores, and he did, and I told her how she would probably never see him do it again, and he did, I have loved him.

If you can shock me into silence twice in a few minutes by doing good things, I will love you forever.

Fare thee well, Shinguard Assassin.

2176-MikaelSamuelsson.jpg

Yeah.

Sammy takes a lot of flack, but he had some clutch plays. I think what makes people hate him was his second stint with the team. Not to mention his terrible shooting from the point on the PP,but let's face it he had no business on the power play to begin with.

Yeah.

Sammy takes a lot of flack, but he had some clutch plays. I think what makes people hate him was his second stint with the team. Not to mention his terrible shooting from the point on the PP,but let's face it he had no business on the power play to begin with.

I think you are right. His first stint he was good depth scoring. Even on his second stint when he actually played he was arguably better than Jason Williams.

He was a solid contributor on this team for 4 seasons. Second stint just didn't work out well, but it wasn't really his fault. I rooted for him even more than I would have normally as a result of the ridiculous amount of hate he got from the posters on this message board.

Happy retirement Sammy!

He was so paramount in Detroit's cup run in 2008. I'll always remember his contributions. He earned my respect and he'll always have it. I wish his 2nd stint with Detroit turned out better. Butn eh, more of a management problem right there more than anything else. Thanks for the memories Mikael

Edited by themcityblues

He had a great career and his efforts helped deliver a cup to Detroit. That cup win alone should give Wings fans a moment of perspective on the career of this man. Without him, we probably wouldn't have won the cup that year.

In other news, shinguard sales have plummeted in the last 24 hours. Logos says they feel safer than ever.

In all seriousness, I like the fortitude he showed. He didn't take s*** from anyone. The issue with Sammy was that Kenny signed him for two years too many, and he was taking up a roster spot. Appreciate everything he did for Detroit.

Arguably most exciting game I ever attended at the Joe was Game 1 of the 2008 Cup Finals. Will never forget it. Thanks Sammy and congratulations on a solid career.

Made my first trip down to Detroit for this game and I'll always remember him making me eat my words since I was badmouthing him to the guy beside me. Just an amazing night (especially being amongst the majority for a change) and he had the biggest hand in it.