• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings_Dynasty

Opinion: Petr Mrazek should be starting Game 1

Rate this topic

People act like Mrazek is playing great..and he isn't. He let in two easy goals last game too. I don't think Mrazek is ready to be an NHL goalie yet.

He let in 1 bad goal the first one from couture was a perfect shot that not many goalies are going to save, he wasn't good in Florida I'll admit that, but was unbelievable in Pittsburgh. He plays the puck so well that I think he will be a major help in helping this not so great d-moving the puck out of their own zone. The more we can play out of our own zone the better we will be. Allowing are quick speedy forwards to get the puck and in on the opposition defense wearing them down.

I agree that Mrazek has let in some bad goals and had some bad games, but he's definitely ready to be an NHL goalie. Young goalies don't come into the league flawless. He was ready at the end of last year in my opinion. That said, I don't think he's ready to be a #1 goalie.

when I'm thinking of NHL ready goalies I'm thinking of Gibson, Talbot and to some extent Hammond. Mrazek is a rookie, who still has to round out his game and needs to avoid overreacting but anyway Babcock said he is going to start the next game and so we'll see how it turns out.

but at the end of the day the Wings need Howard to get back to his pre-injury form.

Love Petr as most of you know and I'm excited he's getting the chance to play and get better. He's NHL ready and this a great opportunity for him. I hope he does well. And if there's any gaps he'll fine tune them. He's young and a lot of people seem forget that. He's been thrown into the fire and he's done exactly what I expected. I don't remember we ever having a homegrown goalie that's come out playing like he has in this short amount of time.

That being said, I want Jimmy to get back to being that goalie that he's been paid to be and he can do it. Jimmy, please get your head back into the game!

but was unbelievable in Pittsburgh.

And Howard was amazing against the Blues and Tampa.

I'm all for giving Jimmy a few games to get it together, but starting anyone but Howard for the playoffs would be crazy. As for Gus, I think it'd be more advantageous to have an extra player with an empty net than having Gus in net.

And Howard was amazing against the Blues and Tampa.

I'm all for giving Jimmy a few games to get it together, but starting anyone but Howard for the playoffs would be crazy. As for Gus, I think it'd be more advantageous to have an extra player with an empty net than having Gus in net.

I firmly recall Gus playing half of the games last playoffs cause Howard was terrible as usual...

Edited by Ekmanc

The team was terrible, but Howard wasn't quite "fine." He was about as lousy as the others. Maybe because he was sick, maybe not, but he really wasn't too good.

Shutout, 4goals then 2 goals. 2.02 gaa and .931 sv%

The team wasn't good enough and Gus was worse

Didn't hear a word about Howard being sick back then. And those goals that he let in were all huge momentum killers and lost us games 2 and 3 before we even got into them.

I heard about him being sick, but it kinda seemed to come at an opportune time to save face...

And some of the goals he let in were pretty bad. Remember after Petr played a few games and Howie was all like "I like how he plays the puck, like he just does it," and then he went out in the playoffs and tried to play the puck. He fired a laser of a 'pass' at some, which hit them almost at the knees, and then that kid from Marquette scored his first playoff goal (first ever goal?) because Howie had come so far out of position to play it.

Shutout, 4goals then 2 goals. 2.02 gaa and .931 sv%

The team wasn't good enough and Gus was worse

Good first game, yes. After that, like the rest of the team, rough. Same as Gus. I wasn't impressed with much of anyone in Red outside of game 1.

....and in 3 months of the same results, we'll find out that Mrazek also sucks* and since Red Wings fans can't ever be happy about who the damned goalie is, some of the same people with want Howard back.....

*= as if any of these goalie "experts" got past Juniors if they even played there OR had a leaky defense like what is currently in front of Howard/Mrazek/Gus/etc/etc/etc.

Overplayed? It wasn't so much that as it was that atrocious pass, which led to him being out of position and letting in an absolutely demoralizing goal after we (including him! :) ) had stolen game 1 of that series.

Edit: That was game 2 right? And that goal was the first of the game, pretty early on (less than 10 min in) if I recall.

Edited by roboturner

Ya he overplayed it. But let's not act like the team was lighting it up either. They scored like 4 goals in that series or something. Mrazek overplays a lot too

Like I said, no one in Red was very impressive in that series sans game 1.

Edit: don't take this as me suggesting that I think Mrazek is the answer right now. Hopefully he can playing strong if we need him, but it worries the hell out of me that we need him this year.

Edited by gcom007