themcityblues

Who should sit?

Rate this topic

My guess is Weiss and Andersson. I think we'll run something like

Tatar-Pav-Helm

Cole-Z-Abby

Gus-Sheahan-Pulkkinen

Miller-Glendening-Jurco.

I'd love to see Ericsson healthy scratched on the back end and replaced with Kindl or Marchenko. Kindl has played well in his few appearances lately and Ericsson has been a dumpster fire. I would try running

Kronwall-Dekeyser

Kindl-Quincey

Smith Zidlicky

With the top pair getting around 25 minutes and the others getting around 17 each.

I think taking E off the top pairing could help him with his struggles, but no way I want Kindl back on the team. Marchenko or even XO are an improvement.

I know Kindl had the goal and the assist the other night, but he plays extremely sheltered minutes (last time I checked he had the highest offensive zone starts of any Dman in the league). He's good at getting his shot through, or at least he was last game until that goes away again, but this blueline is thin enough already. With Kindl in the lineup it extends every other pairing even further.

Plus Kindl Quincey were brutal in the past and Q has been playing well. I wouldn't want Kindl to rub off on him.

I mean, I'm not in love with Andersson (nor would I hate Cleary either), but he's not costing us games. He's a plug, sure. But pretty much every team has a cheap guy on the fourth line who's easily replaceable. Not really an issue as far as I'm concerned. Again, Andersson isn't the reason we're in a slide.

That said, I never want to seem him doing anything other than being a fourth line winger. If your third line center is hurt, move Hem or Weiss to that spot. Don't promote Andersson (as Babs has been doing).

On my team he's either a fourth line winger, or he's on the bench. We've got better options everywhere else.

On my team, a 4th line winger is a goon. You've basically admitted that Andersson is useless. May as well have a guy that is good at his job and putts butts in the seats.

Andersson isn't good but he's not useless. Goons are useless, especially in the playoffs or in a tight game.

I think the 4th line is pretty bad. Andersson doesn't have an ounce of offense in him but God Miller is useless besides the penalty kill. I'd roll:

Z-Dats-Abby

Cole-Franzen-Weiss

Tatar-Sheahan-Nyquist

Glendening-Helm-Pulkkinen

This obviously is if Franzen would play. I think Z has never looked slower and the only way to get him going would be to put him out there with Datsyuk. I wouldn't mind swapping Pulkkinen with Abby if we have trouble scoring or if that 4th line was too wimpy.

I would not say Miller is useless.... But his main role is to shut down the power play and the big players... he has not done that lately. I think he needs to sit a game out to get some fire in his belly. It has worked in the past. C'mon silver fox we are counting on you.

I would not say Miller is useless.... But his main role is to shut down the power play and the big players... he has not done that lately. I think he needs to sit a game out to get some fire in his belly. It has worked in the past. C'mon silver fox we are counting on you.

You just did.

Pretty clear Mike is just done with Weiss. Goal and an assist in 2 games back in, Sheahan is ready to go and he's out and Andersson for whatever reason is still in.

Andersson and Miller playing, all they provide is PK ability.... great our PK has sucked since the trade deadline... so why are they playing over a guy that can create offense and you know... score goals. :w00t:

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

After the way Babcock has treated recent acquisitions over the past couple years I've got to wonder if players will stop coming here later in their careers. Weiss is still a decent player who can out up points and instead Babcock just decides his season is basically over because he's not a defensive wall. Kind of frustrating. Babcock might be brilliant but even hard workers will start to worry that if they come here it's only a matter of time before they are benched in favor of some scrubs like Andersson.

^Maybe that's why he hasn't signed an extension yet. Wants to go somewhere where he has a bit more control over his roster.

Hopefully, if he leaves, he gets a Patrick Roy kind of gig where he can make player moves. A 1st round pick for Glendening and Andersson, why yes please Mr. Babcock :ninja: