• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/28 GDT : Lightning 0 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

Well I missed this one. How'd we look? I mean, clearly four goals and a shutout means we looked good. But anybody got a run down?

Started on time. All four lines played well at even strength. Much more energy and attention to detail than they have shown all month. Tampa Bay rarely got anything sustained offensively and the PK was exceptional.

Oh, and Abby is officially a sniper.

Started on time. All four lines played well at even strength. Much more energy and attention to detail than they have shown all month. Tampa Bay rarely got anything sustained offensively and the PK was exceptional.

Oh, and Abby is officially a sniper.

I love how Abby has played. He could really end up being a core player for us which is fantastic. He's transitioned from a grinder role to a power forward seamlessly. Edited by mvanpop

I love how Abby has played. He could really end up being a core player for us which is fantastic. He's transitioned from a grinder role to a power forward seamlessly.

There were quite a few seams along the way. Lets not pretend last year he was a grinder and this year he got promoted. The experiment was failing for a couple years. I'm happy with how his game has evolved and I hope it continues to grow but he didn't deserve top 6 minutes for a while that he was up there

What does one have to do to "deserve" ice time on a particular line? IMO Babcock's plan all along has been to develop Abdelkader into a power forward, and part of that development required going head to head with the top lines on our opponents, which means top-six ice time even when he wasn't scoring at nearly a top-six pace.

What does one have to do to "deserve" ice time on a particular line? IMO Babcock's plan all along has been to develop Abdelkader into a power forward, and part of that development required going head to head with the top lines on our opponents, which means top-six ice time even when he wasn't scoring at nearly a top-six pace.

Which is fine. But let's not act like he instantly had success is all I'm saying

I just always thought of him as the holmstrom type guy, net front, grind in the corner.

I bought into Pavs whole"Pull the piano" thing.

He was just wildly ineffective for a while, But it definitely seems like babs knew what he was doing, grooming him into the player he is now.

In just hope he keeps it up.

It seems like they're doing the same thing with helm now, like they're going to pass the leadership torch to them.