• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Swayze

3/29 GDT : Red Wings 4 at Islanders 5

Rate this topic

All goalie issues aside, I truely believe that this team needs upgrades at D. Ericsson, Smith and Kindl are guys we could trade and not miss. I truely believe Smith is what he is and will not get any better. Maybe Holland will revisit the whole Phaneuf thing. I still don't want to give up Larkin or Mantha....the prospects of Hyman wanting to be a UFA puts us in the mix for him, but still, if we could upgrade to Phanuef, re-sign Zitz, maybe just maybe this teams D can be better. I really believe they over acheived early on and now things just aren't so good. Q hasn't been as bad as I thought, but again, he is just part of the problem. The D needs to get better, the goalies a hell of a lot more consistant. 4 goals should win you games, most nights.

Not that this game is over, but I do believe upgrades are needed.

Actually Mick, the NHL doesn't have more concussions than any sport going on, because football.

Erm...

Nearly 2.4 million Americans play hockey, which, according to the Centers for Disease Control, has a higher rate of concussions than any other sport. The Virginia Tech study raises questions about the methods by which hockey helmets are tested and adds fuel to the debate over whether helmets can do much to prevent concussions, an injury that is difficult to diagnose and dependent on myriad factors ranging from individual tolerance to neck strength.
Edited by Aethernum

All goalie issues aside, I truely believe that this team needs upgrades at D. Ericsson, Smith and Kindl are guys we could trade and not miss. I truely believe Smith is what he is and will not get any better. Maybe Holland will revisit the whole Phaneuf thing. I still don't want to give up Larkin or Mantha....the prospects of Hyman wanting to be a UFA puts us in the mix for him, but still, if we could upgrade to Phanuef, re-sign Zitz, maybe just maybe this teams D can be better. I really believe they over acheived early on and now things just aren't so good. Q hasn't been as bad as I thought, but again, he is just part of the problem. The D needs to get better, the goalies a hell of a lot more consistant. 4 goals should win you games, most nights.

Not that this game is over, but I do believe upgrades are needed.

I'd be okay with trading any of those guys.

Kindl certainly doesn't belong on the team, but any one of Ericsson, Smith and Quincey could be serviceable. They're just overextended on a thin blueline. If you get E off the top pairing he could be a solid stay at home guy and good penalty killer. Quincey has been surprisingly consistent. Smith continues to baffle though. Has a good skillset but I guess just doesn't have it between the ears to play at that level every night?

I was just about to comment on this myself.

If you think Mick is bad you've yet to hear Butch Goring. He said Mrazek seems to have his mask fall off at the most convenient times. Still doesn't realize there's no letter e in the name Kronwall and won't stop calling Helm, Datsyuk. I am forced to watch him cause center ice is blacked out where I live.

Edited by GoWings!

And yet you go out of your way to respond to every single one of mine. Suppose you just have a lot of time on your hands.

Oh and you're quite right, seeing them hoist the cup in 08 caused me endless nightmares to which I'm still recovering.

Yeah. Fair enough. I just thought maybe you would have been bummed about having nothing to piss and moan on about.