• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

3/31 GDT : Senators 2 at Red Wings 1 (SO)

Rate this topic

:lol: Seriously, Glendening and Andersson took a shift in OT together while Weiss and Pulks were glued to the bench. Coaching to win, orrrrr....?

It really does boggle the mind. Is someone putting tabs of LSD in Babs chewing gum? I already figure theres bath salts in the teams water/gatorade.

I'm preparing for a first round out ... in 5 or 6 games. But hey, at least we got the streak going ... what is it 23 years in playoff or something?

5 games. And screw the playoff streak, I'm tired of it.

I've been racking my brain trying to figure out why this team falls apart so easily and I'm starting to think Babcock is a big part. He's a great coach and all but his lineup decisions are terrible. I'm grateful he coached them into the playoffs last year but I just feel like he's not handling our veteran players well. And that's a criticism that goes back to Yzerman in 2006. He's great for kids but if rather have a balanced, talented team rather than a perennially up and coming team.

That being said, the team is playing like hot garbage, too. But we've changed players and are getting the same or worse results year after year.

I've been racking my brain trying to figure out why this team falls apart so easily and I'm starting to think Babcock is a big part. He's a great coach and all but his lineup decisions are terrible. I'm grateful he coached them into the playoffs last year but I just feel like he's not handling our veteran players well. And that's a criticism that goes back to Yzerman in 2006. He's great for kids but if rather have a balanced, talented team rather than a perennially up and coming team.

That being said, the team is playing like hot garbage, too. But we've changed players and are getting the same or worse results year after year.

Probably the most funny thing about it is that all went downhill after the Wings acquired exactly the tools that everyone on LGW agreed would make us better (And when LGW agrees, that is something). This whole blow up is so bad, it can't just be Babs, there is something really strange going on with this team right now.

Edited by derblaueClaus

How was this team leading the Conference at one point this season? The same pieces are still there, but they're badly broken. What a dive.

We've gone from a legit contender and challenging for the conference lead in points to looking like a bubble team. Your guess is as good as mine in determining which one we actually are.

Well we're probably not going to make it out of the first round so why not keep the streak at least going.

Because I'd rather get a better pick in the draft then constantly lose in the first round. I honestly don't care about the streak anymore.

Edited by SimonSin

Probably the most funny thing about it is that all went downhill after the Wings acquired exactly the tools that everyone on LGW agreed would make us better (And when LGW agrees, that is something). This whole blow up is so bad, it can't just be Babs, there is something really strange going on with this team right now.

Agreed, but Cole is'nt a factor now, since he's injured, and he was supposed to be the big tough rugged fast scoring winger we needed. Zidlicky is a bottom pairing defenceman. Those moves are nothing at this point. The core this team had all season that should be playing well together just looks terrible out there. It is very strange.

I know it's part of the speculation, but why the hell would Babbers want to go to Toronto? That place is a dumpster fire year after year. Money I guess would be the only feasible reason.

His coaching stock remains hot. More seasons like that and this will change. He needs to jump ship before it's too late.

Babs will be 1st choice for anybody looking for a coach. He isn't the problem. Goal tending isn't the problem. The D is the problem. Everyone can see it & that is why the FA's are passing on us. Not fun watching them get ***** slapped around the ice tonight. Nice Clearey's mom got to watch him play again this year.

Babs will be 1st choice for anybody looking for a coach. He isn't the problem. Goal tending isn't the problem. The D is the problem. Everyone can see it & that is why the FA's are passing on us. Not fun watching them get ***** slapped around the ice tonight. Nice Clearey's mom got to watch him play again this year.

Except they’re not really. For example, you realize Lamoriello had better offers for Zidlicky at the deadline but he would only waive his no trade clause for Detroit.

Except they’re not really. For example, you realize Lamoriello had better offers for Zidlicky at the deadline but he would only waive his no trade clause for Detroit.

And Legwand.

Then there's Weiss, Gusstavson, DK, Brunner, Alfredsson

And White, Samuelsson, and Tootoo... despite ones feelings on their time here.