• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

4/2 GDT : Bruins 3 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

You should know by now, I will not go away. That is what real fans do, they stick with their team no matter what. If I went away, then would that be something a fan would do?

BTW, nothing invalid about anything I said in that post. Kronner should have had Q's head on a stick after the penalty and boneheaded play that caused this team to lose. I was just saying, is Chelios were still the leader on the D, Q would be hurting right now. You must lead everyday and expect the best out of your subordinates, especially guys that are making millions and millions of dollars. It's been said many times here how Kronwall is not a #1 defenseman, he is better suited as a #2, so now since I call him out on his lack of ass reaming on Q, that statement would be invalid? He is not a #1, so in that affect, he has failed at being a #1. If you cannot call out your players, then you fail as a leader. Leading 5 out of 9 games is not a good leader, you must lead everyday.

Ok, it's definitely not cool for people to question your "fanhood". But be honest, you do realize that you're a little bipolar when it comes to the Red Wings right? When we're losing, you're up everyone's ass with posts like the one above. And when we're winning you constantly reference how you've always known they could do it.

Lets just all agree that you're impassioned, and leave it at that.

Guest Playmaker

You should know by now, I will not go away. That is what real fans do, they stick with their team no matter what. If I went away, then would that be something a fan would do?

BTW, nothing invalid about anything I said in that post. Kronner should have had Q's head on a stick after the penalty and boneheaded play that caused this team to lose. I was just saying, is Chelios were still the leader on the D, Q would be hurting right now. You must lead everyday and expect the best out of your subordinates, especially guys that are making millions and millions of dollars. It's been said many times here how Kronwall is not a #1 defenseman, he is better suited as a #2, so now since I call him out on his lack of ass reaming on Q, that statement would be invalid? He is not a #1, so in that affect, he has failed at being a #1. If you cannot call out your players, then you fail as a leader. Leading 5 out of 9 games is not a good leader, you must lead everyday.

if you guys have all the answers, then please enlighten us, what is wrong with the team then? If it's not goaltending, defense, leadership or coaching, please, give us the answer because something is wrong, they aren't falling from the playoffs for no reason.

You're continually speculating, and then stating it as some sort of fact. You have no idea whatsoever what Kronwall or anyone else did or said in last nights game or any other game.. You have no idea what kind of leader Chelios was or what he did or said to team mates.

Seems to me we used to have another quiet leader who lead by example and didn't publicly call out his team mates. Um, Steve something or other? Nick somebody.

I fully admit, not only do I not have all the answers, I have none of the answers. If there was an exact formula to winning, everyone would be doing it and everyone would be winning, right? That's what is frustrating about fans like you. You seem to think there's one right way and wrong way. If they only did x, y would happen. There is no black and white in sports. s*** happens and it clearly doesn't make sense. The team with the most talent or the best coach or following the latest trend doesn't always win. That's why it doesn't get me pissed off that the Wings don't win every year.

Now everyone is on the change coaches bandwagon. Obviously it didn't work in Toronto. The jury is still out in Pittsburgh. It seems to be going well for Nashville and Washington. So does changing coaches always work or never work?

FWIW, I couldn't give a flying f*** if anyone questions my fan hood. I know offense collecting is the in thing nowadays, but that isn't even a ping on the radar.

Guest Playmaker

Good story. Too bad it isn't even remotely true. Zetterberg didn't "put this team on his back and will them into the playoffs last year. He didn't play a single game between February 8th and our first round playoff series on April 24th.

Nyquist put the team on his back a year ago, scoring 13 goals and 8 assists in March and April. Not Zetterberg, who only played 45 games last year, none of which were in the second half of the season when we were fighting to make the playoffs.

Nevertheless, I agree with your larger point. Which is that there's nothing wrong with the team leadership.

My bad, I meant 2013.

Ahh, this is more the way I expected the GDT to go.

Let's make this more of a passionate debate about the team and not anything personal about the people who are posting. Debate the point, not the person.

Otherwise warnings, suspensions, etc.

Why you getting in the way of this with you modding...I'm enjoying it....hahahahahah j/k

Datsyuk should've been named Captain when Lids retired but thats my personal opinion Z is a great leader and obviously captain material as well but no one carries this team like Datsyuk with his defensive play and brilliant offensive ability and he can make great plays on the pp but if no one finishes he says f8ck it and does it himself, we have what maybe 3 or 4 years before the North American players take over this team so many cups will come in the future but I want to see Dats and Z raise the cup one more time, once we make the transition from speed and skill to grit and power we'll be fine especially with Mrazek in net, 5 more years of this pain I just hope we keep the streak alive.

Firing coaches isn't always about bringing in a better coach. Sometimes, you just need to have a fresh start or someone with some fresh ideas on how to improve the team. I feel that Babcock's message has gotten stale. This team hit its zenith with Babcock, and is regressing.

Bringing up his resume is kind of annoying. We could miss the playoffs the next 5 years in a row and he'd still be the most accomplished coach in the league trophy wise. But that's not the whole point and sports is a "what have you done for me lately" attitude.

What season? The season is almost over. He should play hurt just so we can preserve the streak. He can rest when we're eliminated the 3rd week of April.

And what he's helped this team do lately hasn't been the worst possible outcome when you consider how well this team's been doing despite being in a transition period.

If this team were built to win a Cup, and underachieving the last few years then that would be one thing. That's not been the case since Lidstrom retired. In fact, I'd say this team's been overachieving and exceeding expectations since then.

Comparing this current team to one that's missed the playoffs the last five years is not a fair comparison to say the least.

What annoys me is the knee jerk reaction so many fan seem to have with this team. When they're in a slump, even in the midst of an overall good season, they want fire the coach, and clean out the whole front office.

If they suddenly make a strong push and win 4 out of their next 5 games then all of the sudden they are heroes. If they lose in the first round, they're jerks and need to be fired. Should they win in the first round? They're heroes. After they come up short in the second round? They all need to be fired. If by the grace of God this team makes it all they way to the Conference Finals, they're all back to singing Babcock's praise again...

Being a fan of this team sometimes feels like being a Jerry Seinfeld in a room full of Cosmo Kramers and George Costanzas!!

For a coach whose message has become so "stale", I'd say this team's done pretty well all season, with their 40-24-13 record so far.

You're blowing smoke out your ass. You're continually proven wrong, then want to change the subject. You have absolutely no idea what Yzerman missed games for, if he could have come back sooner, or if he stayed out. You don't know if it's the team doctors and or Babcock not allowing Datsyuk to play or not. Please, by all means, inform us all of what Datsyuk injury actually is, you know, since being such a big fan of so many years gives you all this inside information on the players.

You again don't remember or are choosing not to acknowledge the pre 1997 years when many fans, likely you included, seeing how fair weathered you are, questioned Yzerman's playoff performances and questioned his leadership because he couldn't win a Cup. You were probably calling for Bowman's job, too when he didn't win at first in Detroit.

I will just end our debate by saying I know very well pre 1997, and the injuries Yzerman suffered causing him to miss time. You don't know me, know what I do or do not know,or who I do or do not know...if you feel confident enough to PM me, I would be very happy for you to show me when and where I have been proven wrong over and over. Outside of the Cup wins. I prefer pre 1997 Red Wings hockey. Especially 90-96. Even though Fedorov was my favorite, I never called for Yzermans head, nor did I want him traded. I only change the subject when I see the thread spirally out of control like it started to. Unlike you and your 1300 posts, in my nearly 10,000 and 12 years here, I have learn when to cut off a debate before folks get suspended. I know real history, I lived it. Half of you only know pre 94 because of the internet. I lived 1985, 1990, Proberts cocaine arrest, Kocurs destroyed knuckles, drafting Joe Murphy over Jimmy Carson. I lived the live telecast of Jim Lites talking about Feds defecting at the Goodwill Games. So please entertain me by telling via PM how many people have proven me wrong, because you certainly haven't, the only thing you've proven is you have a different view of being a leader. So its over, if you feel necessary to continue PM me

I will just end our debate by saying I know very well pre 1997, and the injuries Yzerman suffered causing him to miss time. You don't know me, know what I do or do not know,or who I do or do not know...if you feel confident enough to PM me, I would be very happy for you to show me when and where I have been proven wrong over and over. Outside of the Cup wins. I prefer pre 1997 Red Wings hockey. Especially 90-96. Even though Fedorov was my favorite, I never called for Yzermans head, nor did I want him traded. I only change the subject when I see the thread spirally out of control like it started to. Unlike you and your 1300 posts, in my nearly 10,000 and 12 years here, I have learn when to cut off a debate before folks get suspended. I know real history, I lived it. Half of you only know pre 94 because of the internet. I lived 1985, 1990, Proberts cocaine arrest, Kocurs destroyed knuckles, drafting Joe Murphy over Jimmy Carson. I lived the live telecast of Jim Lites talking about Feds defecting at the Goodwill Games. So please entertain me by telling via PM how many people have proven me wrong, because you certainly haven't, the only thing you've proven is you have a different view of being a leader. So its over, if you feel necessary to continue PM me

FAN-TASTIC

1985??? That recently? You missed all the fun 60's and 70's times you whipper snapper.

I'm not going to take the time to dig through your posts to find where "you've been proven wrong" because I'm confident more than a few examples exist and most here are aware of that.

You called goalie blaming dumb in this very thread, yet you were bashing and blaming Howard in other threads just a few days ago.

Then there's that classic bit where you say you've always hated the Franzen signing, but a quick search of your post history in 2008/09/10 says otherwise (Kip I'm sure has that on hand)

You're pretty much known for your over-emotional knee jerk reactions around here.

Just last week you were calling Kronwall Pisswall lol

I'm surprised your surprised that people react this way to you at this point I guess.

wasn't alive in the 60's and was only 10 in 1980, but I guess in future threads that'll still mean I was proven wrong because you told me I didn't "live" that era...

Franzen...quickly, in the post you are referring to I said yay Franzen is signed, now lets get Hossa signed. But when Holland dunked around waiting on Hudler and let Hossa walk, I immediately was irate at the choice and was never proven wrong that Franzen was the wrong choice. The only way I was even glad he was signed is if Hossa signed as well, but after it came out that we couldn't, I was mad.

I still don't like Jimmy, but I also realized that the problem runs deeper and that is when I aimed my guns at leadership. When goalies give up 3 goals on 6 shots there's a problem, but when goalies play lights out, and the team continues to suck around him, then the blame falls on the leaders to hold the players accountable. I was not proven wrong, that was just my realization.

Pisswall...he barely hits anymore, so I called him pisswall. So what...nothing to prove wrong there since I was frustrated with him and for one or two posts I called him a name.

I think we all can agree the team is struggling and it falls on the leaders to right the ship or miss the playoffs. That's their job, that's why they were chosen to be the leaders. Z, Pav and Kronner. Babcock as well.

Edited by LeftWinger

wasn't alive in the 60's and was only 10 in 1980, but I guess in future threads that'll still mean I was proven wrong because you told me I didn't "live" that era...

Franzen...quickly, in the post you are referring to I said yay Franzen is signed, now lets get Hossa signed. But when Holland dunked around waiting on Hudler and let Hossa walk, I immediately was irate at the choice and was never proven wrong that Franzen was the wrong choice. The only way I was even glad he was signed is if Hossa signed as well, but after it came out that we couldn't, I was mad.

I still don't like Jimmy, but I also realized that the problem runs deeper and that is when I aimed my guns at leadership. When goalies give up 3 goals on 6 shots there's a problem, but when goalies play lights out, and the team continues to suck around him, then the blame falls on the leaders to hold the players accountable. I was not proven wrong, that was just my realization.

Pisswall...he barely hits anymore, so I called him pisswall. So what...nothing to prove wrong there since I was frustrated with him and for one or two posts I called him a name.

I think we all can agree the team is struggling and it falls on the leaders to right the ship or miss the playoffs. That's their job, that's why they were chosen to be the leaders. Z, Pav and Kronner. Babcock as well.

You went on the "I'm the elder, I was here before any of you" tyraid, not me lol I was poking fun at you for it, but I guess it went over the old head.

Na man, you were legit happy about the Franzen contract.

Your attitude towards Datsyuk and Kronwall speaks for itself.

Edited by number9

None of this has squat to do with the Boston game and is also pretty much ignoring harold's warning. If you want to talk about something besides things directly related to Thursday's game, find the right thread, start the right thread, or PM somebody.

The only thing worse than internet people who believe their post count validates their opinions, are the people that POINT to their post count in order to validate their opinion. I was around in the 80's and the 90's, and it's a completely different game than it was then. Size of the players, coaching strategies, Goalie skill and equipment, rule changes. Being old enough to compare todays game with the game played in the 80's and 90's pretty much UNvalidates your opinion.