• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pat

In the midst of one of the worst slumps in recent memory...where will

Rate this topic

Finishing the regular season  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Been awhile since I've posted but wanted to get everyone's opinion on where we will finish after the last 5 games during the regular season.

It was an absolutely brutal month of march for the team and it looks like this is going to continue at-least into the start of April.

I firmly believe we will win 4 out of the final 5 and finish 3rd in the conference ahead of Boston. We are in the middle of a terrible slump(I can't remember a worse one in recent memory), but I think this team is finally going to turn starting Saturday. I believe Howard should be the goalie for Saturday and see where it takes us. Minnesota is a really good hockey team but I don't think they are going to be as desperate versus the Wings come Saturday and this will get us going again.

My projection is as follows:

DET VS MIN [W]

DET VS WAS [OT W]

DET VS CAR [W]

DET VS MTL [L]

DET VS CAR [W]

I know this sounds silly projecting 4 wins out of 5 with the slump we've been in but given the schedule and the teams involved I believe we can pull out 4 wins out of the next 5.

Also not to mention Datsyuk and Cole are going to be back most likely for Saturday I think we will see a much more desperate team and have a convincing win.

Thoughts and comments much appreciated.

EDIT: Please change title to "Where will the Wings finish despite struggles?"

Edited by Pat

I suspect we go 3-2 or 2-3 and need to pray that Bos and Ott lose some along the way.

Being in 9th is the worst spot to end up in ... and that's a very real possibility.

Whether you're religious or not, we need this team to resurrect from the dead.

Edited by RedWingsRox

I suspect that the Wings will win every game in which they score more points than the other team. Based on the previous games this season, coupled with the games that are left, I predict they will finish above the bottom three teams in the league. Then the playoffs will start, and it's a new season, so all stats are out the window (except for seeding, of course).

Make the playoffs, don't make the playoffs they will be golfing when round 2 begins. To me this is really good. A clear view of exactly who this team is. We still have some really talented kids on the team & more on the way from Grand Rapids. Petr is a freshman goalie that is spectacular 90% of the time. He will be great with some experience and some D. I am more optimistic than I have been in years. Holland can't fool himself or hide behind the lap dog PR mechanism any longer. Ya have to admit when Holland signed Danny for 1.5 million he was revealing what he thought this team would accomplish. The season turned out about where they were expected, a playoff bubble team at the end, with some interesting games the first third of the season.

I don't have a good feeling about tomorrow:

Tor at Boston

Det at Minnie

Det and Boston tied at 93 pts right now.

This game will really show whether we want this or not.

We've been saying this about the "next" game for the past 2 weeks lol

We've been saying this about the "next" game for the past 2 weeks lol

ya really....i'm sick of saying or thinking this. we played well against boston but couldn't lock it down. regardless of the reason. i have no idea what to expect any more. they'll probably beat minny, wash, mtl, lose both to carolina.

I've voted for a pretty conservative 2-3 + Wildcardspot. I think that's the realistic worst case scenario. But it is entirely possible of not likely that they end up in third place. Ottawa and Boston are both at hot streaks atm while we are at a very cold one. Streaks have end at sometime. I know there are only a few games left, but I don't see Ottawa and Boston staying that hot while the Wings staying that cold during the final stretch.