• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedWingsRox

Do Red Wings fans deserve better?

Rate this topic

I'd be willing to bet that when an athlete thanks fans, it's usually to shut them up. I'm willing to concede that I could be wrong, but I don't think I am, and I would make that bet. If you want to keep a running tab on who is giving their 110%, Coach, go ahead. The chances of your list matching up with another person's list is...well...that math sucks because there are quite a few combinations, but it is a finite number. So, please stop with your high and mighty demands to be the only reason a team succeeds.

I would think that being a pro athlete can seem like a bit of a thankless job at times, like being a teacher, police officer, fire fighter, or military personnel.

Unless you're spectacular all of the time, or pull off something heroic that makes headlines, most of the little things you do to be successful go relatively unnoticed by the majority of fans. With that said, I'd imagine that it would feel good to have notice and show their appreciation.

Remember, they have pride and egos just like anyone else. They may have to distance themselves to some degree and have thick skin. Given all of the criticisms they tend to endure, many of which are unfair and misdirected, I can't say that I blame them.

I don't even know what to say anymore, I'm shocked that some of you are not more up in arms because of the position the Wings find themselves in as of today with 3 games left.

Only saving grace I just noticed is that Pitts has to play Ott in one of the three games remaining ... and both teams cannot get 2 points each. Watch it go into OT.

Edited by RedWingsRox

I don't even know what to say anymore, I'm shocked that some of you are not more up in arms because of the position the Wings find themselves in as of today with 3 games left.

Only saving grace I just noticed is that Pitts has to play Ott in one of the three games remaining ... and both teams cannot get 2 points each. Watch it go into OT.

Wings have 3 regulation wins in the last 16 games.

18% winning percentage! Worse then the Leafs collapse last year.

Yeah I'm pissed, but not because I think I deserve more lol

I would think that being a pro athlete can seem like a bit of a thankless job at times, like being a teacher, police officer, fire fighter, or military personnel.

Unless you're spectacular all of the time, or pull off something heroic that makes headlines, most of the little things you do to be successful go relatively unnoticed by the majority of fans. With that said, I'd imagine that it would feel good to have notice and show their appreciation.

Remember, they have pride and egos just like anyone else. They may have to distance themselves to some degree and have thick skin. Given all of the criticisms they tend to endure, many of which are unfair and misdirected, I can't say that I blame them.

I don't think professional athletes should be compared to military personnel and such. They don't deserve it! :lol: