• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

The Lines to get us in

Rate this topic

Hopefully we have all the guys back for Tuesday games.

Cole Datsyuk Zetterberg top line with the savvy to go against any top line and be a threat.

Abdelkader Sheahan Jurco 2nd line plenty of size and grit should hold its own against opposing line and score.

Tatar Helm Nyqvist 3rd line speed skill and scoring threat to win games itself.

Miller Glendening Andersson 4th line, although not everyone's cup of tea, they do the job asked and in general do it well, have combined for almost 20 goals.

This would leave out vet Weiss and young gun Pulkky but I think it's the best combination to get us the wins we need.

The D doesn't have to change as I believe it is what it is and however you change it around we won't get anything different out of them. A brave decision would be to put in Kindl over Smith as he does carry a more offensive threat believe it or not!

Weiss is terrible on the pp and not responsible at all when needing to make split decision judgements. I remember that one game where he had 2 assists that led to 2 short handed goals against us.

Forwards

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Abdelkader

Cole - Sheahan - Tatar

Nyquist - Weiss - Pulkkinen

Miller - Glendening - Helm

Defense

Kronwall - Ericsson

DeKeyser - Quincey

Smith - Zidlicky

Power-Play

Sheahan

Pulkkinen - Datsyuk - Tatar

Kronwall

Abdelkader

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Cole

Zidlicky

For f***s sake, if you're going to have Pulkkinen on the power-play, utilize his shot. Stop putting him in the middle of the ice. Let him float around the left side of the ice and wait for the one-timer a la Ovechkin and Stamkos...

Why would Jurco be on the top two lines? He's scoring about as often as the dorky kid in school.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Cole

Nyquist - Weiss - Tatar

Abdelkader - Sheahan - Helm

Miller - Glendenning - Dano

i do like this but that 2nd line might be too small to be effective??

i do like this but that 2nd line might be too small to be effective??

Probably. I guess you could slide Abdelkader in there. I just hate to waste talented players on 3rd lines, though. Tatar, Weiss and Nyquist all benefit from playing on the top lines with good players.

I guess I'm the only one who wants to see Cleary's championship pedigree on the 4th line.

I mean the fact that you don't notice him in a game and no one complains about him says how he has gotten the job done and not screwed up. The line seems to be more effective with him instead of Anderson and his unawareness of his surroundings

Don't forget to get Jason Alexander in there...he of Rold Gold fame.

George Costanza?

But, but Pedigree!

HHH-PEDIGREE.jpg

Oh great, Landon to the rescue. Can't wait for him to be small and weak all over everybody's asses.

LOL. That didn't sound very good.

Edited by GMRwings1983