• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings7

Tatar and Nyquist and Sheahan LINE

Rate this topic

Abby - Z - Nyquist is the 1st line. If you watch the pregame videos you will see the white board in some videos. Guess who the first three names on the whiteboard are.

I really don't think you watch any games.

I've never seen a game! What is this forum about?

The point isn't about line 1 or line 2, to me.

It's that Tatar shouldn't be considered a Top 6 in his first full season. That's ridiculous. He does a ton wrong on the ice. For either good reason (he's a rookie) or bad (he's afraid to get hit).

You still haven't and probably won't defend Tatar as a good player on this team deserving of top minutes...

It's that Tatar shouldn't be considered a Top 6 in his first full season. That's ridiculous. He does a ton wrong on the ice. For either good reason (he's a rookie) or bad (he's afraid to get hit).

You still haven't and probably won't defend Tatar as a good player on this team deserving of top minutes...

He's leading the team in goals, but he's not a top six player? I really don't know how you could possibly believe that, but everyone's entitled to their opinion.

He's been struggling recently (like most), but his play has spoken for itself. He's been beyond expectations for most of this season. He has 28 goals - 16th in the league - same as Toews, Carter, Malkin. Show me a single player around the 30 goal mark who's playing on the 3rd or 4th line. You can also go to fancy stats if you want to see how good Tatar is. Someone on the board pointed out that has very good possession numbers.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

I don't really care if Tatar plays in the top 6 or not, but he is a top 6 player. I am still waiting for you to answer my questions about Jurco, and Helm being in the top 6. You are obviously ignoring that question for a reason.

On a healthy team, I wouldn't mind seeing them as a third line. The factor that really prevents that is we still don't have a 2C if we move Zetterberg.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abdelkader

Franzen-Weiss-Cole

Tatar-Sheahan-Nyquist

Miller-Glendening-Helm

Also, I'm not sure how I feel about Weiss on a second line. It's where he's supposed to be but his giveaways might be a nightmare on a line with Franzen. But Cole knocking people around and driving the net could have good results. I also don't really like Helm way down on the fourth, but where else would he go? I suppose you could put Weiss down there and put him on the third instead of Sheahan.

But alas, Franzen isn't coming back this season most likely.

I don't really care if Tatar plays in the top 6 or not, but he is a top 6 player. I am still waiting for you to answer my questions about Jurco, and Helm being in the top 6. You are obviously ignoring that question for a reason.

Jurco and Helm both use their speed and bodies. Are good complimentary players. Because who is going to get guys like Tatar the puck if not for them? Go back in the history of the Wings with Scotty. He would have a bruiser on a line.

Yzerman and McCarty played together plenty.

Plus, if you don't see the importance of Helm yet, you are crazy.

I'm assuming you think hockey is purely about who scores. Which would make sense if you don't look at the bigger picture. There are definitely certain formulas that help a team score. Which clearly we aren't doing right now.

On a healthy team, I wouldn't mind seeing them as a third line. The factor that really prevents that is we still don't have a 2C if we move Zetterberg.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abdelkader

Franzen-Weiss-Cole

Tatar-Sheahan-Nyquist

Miller-Glendening-Helm

Also, I'm not sure how I feel about Weiss on a second line. It's where he's supposed to be but his giveaways might be a nightmare on a line with Franzen. But Cole knocking people around and driving the net could have good results. I also don't really like Helm way down on the fourth, but where else would he go? I suppose you could put Weiss down there and put him on the third instead of Sheahan.

But alas, Franzen isn't coming back this season most likely.

Helm and Weiss just need to switch and it'd be great. Minus Franzen probably never returning to our lineup. But yea! Jurco is a good player, I think people just do not value yet.

Jurco and Helm both use their speed and bodies. Are good complimentary players. Because who is going to get guys like Tatar the puck if not for them? Go back in the history of the Wings with Scotty. He would have a bruiser on a line.

Yzerman and McCarty played together plenty.

Plus, if you don't see the importance of Helm yet, you are crazy.

I'm assuming you think hockey is purely about who scores. Which would make sense if you don't look at the bigger picture. There are definitely certain formulas that help a team score. Which clearly we aren't doing right now.

What happened when they played these lines earlier in the year, and 65 games and they were 1st in the league? The lines were the exact same as they are now. Tatar on 2nd line, Nyquist on 1st line.

Let's do a break down of the last 20 games for these players:

Darren Helm last 20 games - 5 points, -2

Tomas Jurco last 20 games - 4 points, +1

Tomas Tatar last 20 games 10 points, -6

Gustav Nyquist last 20 games 10 points, -2

In no universe does Jurco and Helm play over Nyquist, Sheahan and Tatar.

Thank god your not the coach.

Looks like tatar-sheahan- nyquist will be reunited tonight. Hope to god pavel is in playing with z

This is going to make someone really mad. Right above you. Apparently, I am the coach.

Why would that make him mad? He doesn't think Nyquist/Tatar should be on the third line....and they're not.

That will be the second line.

But I thought Tatar and Nyquist were grinders ? They have no business on the 2nd line. They don't lead the team in goals or anything.

Didn't know where to put this, but I thought it was funny:

Tatar seems to have acquired the nickname Tuna from Zetterberg

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2015/04/red_wings_henrik_zetterberg_go.html

I don't remember where I saw it but I think I remember that Holmstrom was actually the one to give it to him and it's just kind of hung around. Either way, it's kind of hilarious.

But I thought Tatar and Nyquist were grinders ? They have no business on the 2nd line. They don't lead the team in goals or anything.

Did I say they were grinders? NO. THEY CAN'T CLEAR THE PUCK OUT OF THE ZONE. DEFINITELY AREN'T GRINDERS!

I don't remember where I saw it but I think I remember that Holmstrom was actually the one to give it to him and it's just kind of hung around. Either way, it's kind of hilarious.

I especially like it because there are so many obvious nicknames that Tatar should get (Tats, Tatar Sauce, etc.) and yet some how they went with Tuna.

Did I say they were grinders? NO. THEY CAN'T CLEAR THE PUCK OUT OF THE ZONE. DEFINITELY AREN'T GRINDERS!

Haha why you so mad? I didn't quote you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I especially like it because there are so many obvious nicknames that Tatar should get (Tats, Tatar Sauce, etc.) and yet some how they went with Tuna.

I mean Cod or Haddock would've made a little more sense cause you use tartar sauce with then but they don't sound as cool as tuna