• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TripleS

Redwings recall Ferraro

Rate this topic

I just think they're gonna pass over him and keep developing him down in grand rapids.

But it would be nice to see if he can come in and step up when we need goals.

Hopefully it doesn't matter anyway and cole, Abby, jurco get back and the few plugs we have are out of the lineup

I love AA too Jim, but my vote is Callahan or Miele at this point. Miele only got terrible stints on a terrible PHX team, maybe his time will be different here.

Callahan's out for the season with a torn acl, or else I'd completely agree on that one.

And miele deserves a chance at some point, the only problem is his is size.

He just strikes me as one of those guys who has enough skill to play in the NHL, but just won't be able to overcome his stature.

I really don't think Ferraro played that bad of a game to be honest. I'm not sure if people's expectations were too high based on his AHL stats, particularly his goal total this season, but make no mistake, he will never produce at the NHL level the way he has at the AHL level. His game is to use his speed to get in on the forecheck, play defensively sound and possibly chip in a goal here and there. I think he did exactly what was expected of him. But in saying all that, I don't see a long term position available for him in Detroit, and like Nyquistfan14 said, hopefully we get Abdelkader and Cole back soon and we don't have to dress guys like Ferraro and Andersson... although I do admit Andersson hasn't played that awful of late and Babcock will likely opt to throw Weiss back in the doghouse once again, despite him playing well the past few games...

I really don't think Ferraro played that bad of a game to be honest. I'm not sure if people's expectations were too high based on his AHL stats, particularly his goal total this season, but make no mistake, he will never produce at the NHL level the way he has at the AHL level. His game is to use his speed to get in on the forecheck, play defensively sound and possibly chip in a goal here and there. I think he did exactly what was expected of him. But in saying all that, I don't see a long term position available for him in Detroit, and like Nyquistfan14 said, hopefully we get Abdelkader and Cole back soon and we don't have to dress guys like Ferraro and Andersson... although I do admit Andersson hasn't played that awful of late and Babcock will likely opt to throw Weiss back in the doghouse once again, despite him playing well the past few games...

I didn't expect Ferraro to score a single point, I just thought hed play hard and win some battles.

I didn't see him win a single battle lastnight, and he just didnt seem like a player wanting to play in the NHL. Everytime we call a player up they run around like freight trains, he certainly didnt

He was certainly our worst forward lastnight, which I guess should be expected from a call-up... but we have other players in the minors who could make an impact whether it be on the bottom or top 6

Edited by WingsallTheway

I didn't think he was terrible, either. It was one game. Liles rocking him was my only issue with Ferraro - he has to be more aware of his surroundings.I thought he used his speed well and was strong on the forecheck.

That said, I'd much rather have Callahan on this team. A lot hinges on Mule's health and what happens with Cole, but I hope they end up having a spot for Mitch. I could definitely live with letting Andersson walk, despite his improved play as of late. It's pretty obvious that we've seen his ceiling, IMO.

I think people are too hard on Ferraro. Being called up for a regular season game is one thing, being called up at the end of a season to play in a crucial game with a slumping and probably very nervous team is a completely different thing. I want to see him in a few other games next season before I build my opinion how good he is or will be at an NHL level.