• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

canadian wings fan

4/9/15 GDT Red Wings 3 @ Canadiens 4 *Warning post #888 & 906*

Rate this topic

I just don't think it's fair to expect too much from us against a team like Montreal. They're freaking awesome! Maybe if we were allowed to play one man up, 6 on 5 or something. Like, what if we could get an assist from the bench or something like that? Maybe we'd have a better shot?

Because we should be content with our starting goalie letting in 3 playoff Fleury-esque goals. He should have had it plain and simple.

Ask any goalie what the hardest shot to stop - it's the deflection off of his defenseman's stick. The 3rd and 4th goals BOTH were off of Red Wing sticks....

Don't worry the rest of LGW will for you....unfortunately...

Yea, I know. The one nice thing about playing/reffing hockey for the last 20 years is that I never turned into a "armchair fan". I think a lot of fans critical of players, goaltending, or coaching would be a lot more understanding if they played the sport at least at the rec league level.

You were saying???

Howard is the whipping boy and our PP tonight was garbage? He let in some bad goals, sure. But he kept us in a game. Our defence is easily as problematic as our goal tending but it's a lot easier to say "Howard sucks".

The Wings have a lot of issues but if they had scored as many timely goals as Jimmy made time,y saves, they wouldn't have seen the same result.

And for the record, I'm a huge mrazek fan and can't wait until he's our #1 but that doesn't make it any less ridiculous to blame every loss on him.

I just don't think it's fair to expect too much from us against a team like Montreal. They're freaking awesome! Maybe if we were allowed to play one man up, 6 on 5 or something. Like, what if we could get an assist from the bench or something like that? Maybe we'd have a better shot?

Are you serious? We were the better team tonight

If we get one point against Carolina we'd clinch 3rd place. That point tonight would have been huge for us. On the other hand it may spare us the Canadians in the first round.

Ya it would have been massive! We could have rested guys on Sunday, like pav, z, kronner

Ask any goalie what the hardest shot to stop - it's the deflection off of his defenseman's stick. The 3rd and 4th goals BOTH were off of Red Wing sticks....

And I understand that, but a shot from the lower hash mark that flutters a little bit. It's not like Quincey redirected it bar-down or something. Agree to disagree I guess. Howard was stellar for a good portion of this game but looked to be back to some old tricks on a few of those goals in my opinion.