• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

canadian wings fan

4/9/15 GDT Red Wings 3 @ Canadiens 4 *Warning post #888 & 906*

Rate this topic

Two former NHL goaltenders on FSN disagree with you

Other analysts agree with me. So who is right here?

Answer: Who gives a crap.

The result is in the books. Keep bitching about the bad goal all you want and siding with analysts that you agree with. Jimmy Howard has a lot to play for in these playoffs. In his time here in Detroit, he has only advanced to the 2nd round 1 time. All other times have been 1st round exits. Now, its a "put up or shut up" year IMHO. I would focus more on that personally than a deflected shot that Jimmy would have stopped if it didn't go off of his own defenseman's stick 15 feet in front of the goal.

Being in the playoffs for the 24th consecutive year should feel better than this.

because it doesn't feel like they earned it. I didn't see the penalty to make it 5 on 3, was it legit? Pathetic powerplay, couple of bad goals, but also some great saves...remember when the PP was #1? Sure their #2 still, but since march they are like #28... Pretty ironic we couldn't get help from the best teams, yet Florida helps them back into the playoffs. Guess they owed us for all the losses this year. Thanks Florida, see ya in 4 games.

I'm starting Mrazek against Carolina on Saturday, might be a must win for 3rd spot

because it doesn't feel like they earned it. I didn't see the penalty to make it 5 on 3, was it legit? Pathetic powerplay, couple of bad goals, but also some great saves...remember when the PP was #1? Sure their #2 still, but since march they are like #28... Pretty ironic we couldn't get help from the best teams, yet Florida helps them back into the playoffs. Guess they owed us for all the losses this year. Thanks Florida, see ya in 4 games.

My boy Smith touched the puck from the bench. Gotta be smarter than that

There are more positive things being said about the Wings in opposing teams' subreddits. I love this forum, I think there are a lot of intelligent people and the moderation is on point but lately, it's been so negative. Do you guys realize that we at currently complaining that we don't like the WAY that our team clinched for the 24th year in a row? That's ridiculous and entitled and spoiled. This team is not "average at best" they are better than average as proven by their record this year. I have not been alive long enough to see them miss the playoffs. Think about that and then put yourselves in the shoes of literally ever other team and try to imagine behaving the same way as you are now.

It is 100% understandable to be critical of aspects of the team play, but to claim the sky is falling after every loss or bad goal is completely absurd. I'm sorry, I love you guys but it's disheartening to see so many "fans" express more hatred toward their own players than they do to the Hawks. We're better than this.

/endrant

I'm starting Mrazek against Carolina on Saturday, might be a must win for 3rd spot

Heck, I am starting Mrazek for the playoffs if its my choice. The kid is a winner at every level he has played at. If the Wings are going to crash and burn this year like 90% of LGW members think they are, may as well put Mrazek in so he can learn a tough lesson about the playoffs and come back stronger next season.

told you

this team can't hold a lead been a consistent problem second half of season

oh well Holland and little ceasar don't want a cup anyway thats why you give your world class players scrubs for support

yep time to hop off bandwagon if management doesn't care neither will I

gonna predict don't make playoffs next year

been a nice ride sick of supporting lazy millionaires though so adios

this team isn't worth watching

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya. Boston needs fans I hear.

There are more positive things being said about the Wings in opposing teams' subreddits. I love this forum, I think there are a lot of intelligent people and the moderation is on point but lately, it's been so negative. Do you guys realize that we at currently complaining that we don't like the WAY that our team clinched for the 24th year in a row? That's ridiculous and entitled and spoiled. This team is not "average at best" they are better than average as proven by their record this year. I have not been alive long enough to see them miss the playoffs. Think about that and then put yourselves in the shoes of literally ever other team and try to imagine behaving the same way as you are now.

It is 100% understandable to be critical of aspects of the team play, but to claim the sky is falling after every loss or bad goal is completely absurd. I'm sorry, I love you guys but it's disheartening to see so many "fans" express more hatred toward their own players than they do to the Hawks. We're better than this.

/endrant

This is part of the reason why I went elsewhere. This place really has turned into Mos Eisley Spaceport of Wings fans.

/endrant

You are my hero.

Seriously, people, can we have a little perspective? We lost a game, in overtime, to one of the best teams in the NHL, despite outplaying that team for the majority of the game. And that point continues a playoff streak that goes back to when, like, half our team wasn't even born yet. There are teams in today's NHL that didn't exist when we were making the playoffs every year.

The goal of the regular season is to make the playoffs. Period. There is no extra credit for finishing higher in the standings or with bogus "momentum." You don't get an extra game or two head start in your first series. Once you're in, everyone is on even ground and anything can happen. We accomplished our ONLY goal for this regular season. Cherish that. And buckle up because I think the Wings can surprise some people, goaltending notwithstanding.

My boy Smith touched the puck from the bench. Gotta be smarter than that

That was absolutely ridiculous. What the hell was he thinking. I would sit him for the first game at least of the playoffs for that move.