• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

canadian wings fan

4/9/15 GDT Red Wings 3 @ Canadiens 4 *Warning post #888 & 906*

Rate this topic

Out of curiosity I went back and looked at Ozzie's stats heading into the 2007-08 playoffs and the 2008-09 playoffs. Of course we know what happened in 2008 and 2009.

07-08 G43. W27 L9 GAA 2.09 save %.914 (Ranked #1)

08-09 W26 L7 GAA 3.09save %.887 (Ranked 40th)

Yeah, I remember being worried in 2009 heading into the playoffs with Ozzie starting after his bad reg. season, but he just seemed to flip a switch the first minute of the first game and was extremely solid throughout. Two goals away from a back to back championship. Man the final minutes of that Game 7 were hard to watch.

Yeah, I remember being worried in 2009 heading into the playoffs with Ozzie starting after his bad reg. season, but he just seemed to flip a switch the first minute of the first game and was extremely solid throughout. Two goals away from a back to back championship. Man the final minutes of that Game 7 were hard to watch.

I polished off almost a full fifth of wild turkey with one other person in the final ten minutes.

That was one of only a handful of hangovers I regret...

Edited by haroldsnepsts

I polished off almost a full fifth of wild turkey with one other person in the final ten minutes.

That was one of only a handful of hangovers I regret...

LOL

The Wings looked like s*** that game. It's like "You realize this ONE game decides if you win the cup"? At home nonetheless. Then Crosby skating the cup around the Joe ice when it was over was the barf on the cake.

LOL

The Wings looked like s*** that game. It's like "You realize this ONE game decides if you win the cup"? At home nonetheless. Then Crosby skating the cup around the Joe ice when it was over was the barf on the cake.

gahhhh.

I still won't watch replays of it.

When it comes up on the Wednesday night rivalry shows, or greatest games countdowns etc, I'll change it before it gets to a point to where they're going to be consistently hinting at it.

Ha.

And I always say I'm too lazy to hold a grudge, but I'll hate the pens till the day I die for that.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

gahhhh.

I still won't watch replays of it.

When it comes up on the Wednesday night rivalry shows, or greatest games countdowns etc, I'll change it before it gets to a point to where they're going to be consistently hinting at it.

Ha.

And I always say I'm too lazy to hold a grudge, but I'll hate the pens till the day I die for that.

Perfectly said. Exactly how I feel as well. I hate the Bruins, but I'd rather see them make the playoffs than the Pens. Maybe all their bandwagon fans, who roughly consist of 70% 20-30 year old women who know pretty much nothing about hockey, just that they like Crosby and the Penguin logo is "cute" will shut up.

Perfectly said. Exactly how I feel as well. I hate the Bruins, but I'd rather see them make the playoffs than the Pens. Maybe all their bandwagon fans, who roughly consist of 70% 20-30 year old women who know pretty much nothing about hockey, just that they like Crosby and the Penguin logo is "cute" will shut up.

Bahahaha.

Nice.

Yeah.

I would love to see the pens miss the playoffs, then win the draft lottery, and have to watch as Edmonton uses their pick to get mcdavid.

I feel like it would make me hate them less, as that would be hilarious. But on the other hand, knocking them out in the ECF would be pretty satisfying.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

Soooo back on topic.

If someone would have told me that Helm would go 1/1 on a breakaway vs Carey price I would probably laugh....

But his hands were pretty quick there....

Also.

Does anyone know how long subbans shift had been prior to the breakaway?(I assume it was close to 3mins)

But PK is pretty damn fast, and he looked like he was standing still.

Soooo back on topic.

If someone would have told me that Helm would go 1/1 on a breakaway vs Carey price I would probably laugh....

But his hands were pretty quick there....

Also.

Does anyone know how long subbans shift had been prior to the breakaway?(I assume it was close to 3mins)

But PK is pretty damn fast, and he looked like he was standing still.

I thought it was Subban with the pass that got picked off but Markov chasing Helm down (or trying to)?

You had me second guessing myself for a second, first thought was, maybe the lighting just made Markov look really dark.

Ha.

http://youtu.be/qbuVnqOXv7w

:lol:

Honestly when I watched the highlights I had to watch the Montreal feed, and I think they may have misspoke and said Subban with the pass. Or maybe I just flipped them in my mind. Or maybe because he was so slow I thought it was Subban??

Who knows, I'm old and tired. I stand corrected. :P

If it was just this I would be ok with that. It is every little thing though and its just about all negative.

Holland is a joke.

Smith sucks.

Erickson sucks.

Babcock should be fired.

Tank it!

On and on it goes. The record gets played so much here it is getting old. Part of the reason why I went elsewhere and why I will keep my visits sporadic.

All of those things are true, though...

:lol:

Honestly when I watched the highlights I had to watch the Montreal feed, and I think they may have misspoke and said Subban with the pass. Or maybe I just flipped them in my mind. Or maybe because he was so slow I thought it was Subban??

Who knows, I'm old and tired. I stand corrected. :P

He looked very heavy footed coming back there, so I can see how the confusion happened. Ha. Markov looks like he moves in slow motion in some of the highlights I just watched.

I don't know where its at right now, but at one point this season p.k. was averaging around 30minutes A night. My nieces are staying at my house this week so i couldn't really watch the game, but I assumed he had been on the ice when the penalty was called, and was left on the ice for the powerplay like ovi used to do...

I can't recall where the video was, but it was talking about his shift length, and praising his endurance and it showed two or three instances where he'd be out for >3 minutes at a time and still have the burst to get down the ice...

Although if I knew Carey Price was behind me, I'd probably have a hard time viewing a Darren Helm breakaway as a problem I had to bust my ass to fix.

Guest Playmaker

For me, the disappointment comes with the increased expectations. With the infusion of youth last season, who have mostly proven to be solid NHL players, the shedding of the dead old veteran weight, relative health of the stars, Weiss ready to go,a supposed bounce back season for Howard, hanging on for a tie and hoping for someone else to lose in game 81 took a little bit of the luster off. Kind of like if you're down 4-0 and come back to tie it, it feels more like a victory. If you're up by 3 and you lose in OT, it feels more like a loss, that getting a point.

The Wings aren't lacking talent. What has killed me all season is the mental mistakes. Not just last night. The constant giveaways, bad penalties, horrible line changes, giving up leads late in games. Not that I had any grand illusions of this team being a solid Cup contender, but when you lose games night after night on mental mistakes, that's a tough pill to swallow. That's not being negative or not a fan, that's just reality.

That said, when you see teams like LA out, Boston or Pittsburgh likely on the outside looking in, it does make you appreciate the accomplishment of just making the playoffs.

On a related note, did anyone catch Babcock on the postgame taking what seemed to me to be a backhanded slam at Holland? He said something to the effect of when I saw what we had on July 5th (meaning we got no free agent help) I didn't think this was a playoff team. I found that interesting.

The Wings aren't lacking talent. What has killed me all season is the mental mistakes. Not just last night. The constant giveaways, bad penalties, horrible line changes, giving up leads late in games. Not that I had any grand illusions of this team being a solid Cup contender, but when you lose games night after night on mental mistakes, that's a tough pill to swallow. That's not being negative or not a fan, that's just reality.

we have to be the worst team in getting the puck out of our zone