Red Wings record this season.

Vs Tampa Bay 1-2-1

Vs Montreal 0-2-2

Vs Rangers 2-0-1

Red Wings record this season.

Vs Tampa Bay 1-2-1

Vs Montreal 0-2-2

Vs Rangers 2-0-1

We got hosed in our first game against the Habs and our last game we should have won against them too... Regular season goes out the window anyways. Habs have no firepower and Price is struggling going into the playoffs. Bolts have no proven playoff performers and Babs is a better coach

Just a thought...If Ottawa wins, they'll be in 3rd place (until we play tonight).

If that happens, do you think we'll see Pavel, Hank, Kronner, and Smith in tonight? Or do we just say, "WTF, wild card is fine"?

Smith? Maybe if we want to lock in the Wild card spot for sure. Yea. We'd bring him in. But yes the other three you mentioned, I'm wondering the same about that as well. I doubt it though since a healthy team has a better chance of advancing than a beat up team.

Tomas Tatar-Darren Helm-Tomas Jurco

Gustav Nyquist-Riley Sheahan-Stephen Weiss

Daniel Cleary-Joakim Andersson-Teemu Pulkkinen

Drew Miller-Luke Glendening-Landon Ferraro

On defense:

Jakub Kindl-Jonathan Ericsson

Danny DeKeyser-Alexey Marchenko

Kyle Quincey-Marek Zidlicky

In goal:

Petr Mrazek (starting)

Jimmy Howard

Helm top line center, jurco top line forward. Weiss top 6 winger. Cleary Andersson Pulkinnen worst third line in NHL history. Kindl Ericsson worst Dpairing since Lebda-Lilja. (maybe worse)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh man

This is going to be a VERY rough game haha

Edited by WingsallTheway

Cleary's farewell game!! This is what we have to go with to rest the vets then it is what it is really no need to panic as this is no way near what the line up will be when Z, Kronner and Dats finally hang them up.

Tomas Tatar-Darren Helm-Tomas Jurco

Gustav Nyquist-Riley Sheahan-Stephen Weiss

Daniel Cleary-Joakim Andersson-Teemu Pulkkinen

Drew Miller-Luke Glendening-Landon Ferraro

On defense:

Jakub Kindl-Jonathan Ericsson

Danny DeKeyser-Alexey Marchenko

Kyle Quincey-Marek Zidlicky

In goal:

Petr Mrazek (starting)

Jimmy Howard

Helm top line center, jurco top line forward. Weiss top 6 winger. Cleary Andersson Pulkinnen worst third line in NHL history. Kindl Ericsson worst Dpairing since Lebda-Lilja. (maybe worse)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh man

This is going to be a VERY rough game haha

Imagine we beat them 4-0.

Edited by kickazz

We'll play who we play and beat them, See Ducks, Anaheim a few seasons back.

In the long run I think Mrazek will be the better goalkeeper, that being said Jimmy is my #1 guy in Game 1. Jimmy is more likely to forget a good goal or a bad one for now.

This is the first time I can remember that I'm not optimistic about the playoffs. I just don't see us making it out of the first round this time. I hope I'm wrong.

It's all perception. If Cole and Franzen were ready to roll we'd be a favorite. A lot of chances for the kids to continue into playoff warriors and I think guys like Nyquist and Tatar are ready to take that next step after last year. I like our first round chances because the Wings will be playing with house money.

This is the first time I can remember that I'm not optimistic about the playoffs. I just don't see us making it out of the first round this time. I hope I'm wrong.

Then you must have been much more optimistic than me last season, because I did not think they would win 1 game against Boston.

I actually think they have a chance (a small chance) this season to get out of the first round. I'm not overly impressed with or terribly scared of any of the top teams in the East. Teams in the West, now that's another matter. Those series' are going to be brutal.

I do wish we had Erik Cole and Johan Franzen. Yes, I said I wished we had Johan Franzen. He's better than Weiss.

Which players (except Cleary) will be the alternate captains today with Z, Dats, Kronner, Mule and abby out?

I hope for DD and glendening!

and we're mentioning Franzen like he even had an inkling of playing? Why mention him at all? Its not like he has played or will ever play (at least this season) again. He is not just "out" he is done. I am not even sure he even travels with the team anymore, hell he may be "recovering" over in Sweden.

and we're mentioning Franzen like he even had an inkling of playing? Why mention him at all? Its not like he has played or will ever play (at least this season) again. He is not just "out" he is done. I am not even sure he even travels with the team anymore, hell he may be "recovering" over in Sweden.

Because he would get the a when others were out.

Which is why he was mentioned.

He may be recovering in a sauna 12 hours a day,and eating nothing but pineapple.

But hell, why even bring that up at all?

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

LGW! Seems strange to rest all of our best players since this game is still pretty significant for us in the playoff picture. We could potentially be #3 in the Atlantic, #1 Wildcard, or #2 Wildcard after tonight. Here's to hoping Boston misses the playoffs! (I wish the Pens could miss too, but I am sort of looking forward to the annual Fleury playoff implosion. It is quite entertaining.