• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Marchenko to play Game 1 in the playoffs

Rate this topic

Honestly his production has not been what was sought out to be by management IMO. His bonehead play in Quebec didn't help his popularity much either, so start the righty and see how game 1 plays out. It could light a fire under Smith's arse if anything...

Assuming this is Smith sitting out

Didn't think he was that good tonight, but heres his shot too.

I think Babcock is thinking something like this: "Do I bring in Smith who makes constant errors and plays like an idiot? Or do I take my chances with a kid that can play 22 minutes and make less errors AND is a right handed defensemen? What is the lesser of two evil!?"

He went with the latter.

But hey who knows what babs is thinking.

Smith i'd say is definitely the odd man out. Shame it won't be Ericsson.

I also have a feeling Smith will be part of a Phaneuf trade in July

I don't know why everyone always hates on Ericsson .. He's not perfect does make mistakes but he's the only 6'5 dman we have so id way keep him in over smith

As with you I do believe smith will go to toronto for Phaneuf in a deal so long as no mantha type prospect is involved ... If we have to give up someone of value like a pulkkinen mantha or 1st forget it .... Toronto is in no position to demand such things

I'd be just as happy bringing zidlicky back one year and promoting 1-2 of marchenko jensen ouellet instead

I've defending Smitty many times, but the last two months he has been a liability.

We cannot turnover the puck and make bonehead plays the way he has been against an offense like TB.

Marchenko is the more solid option IMO...

WHO STARTS IN GOAL? Babs said he has his mind already made up, and the boys on Fox Sports Net seems to think that means it's Howard.

I disagree... I hope it's Mrazek

I don't know why everyone always hates on Ericsson .. He's not perfect does make mistakes but he's the only 6'5 dman we have so id way keep him in over smith

As with you I do believe smith will go to toronto for Phaneuf in a deal so long as no mantha type prospect is involved ... If we have to give up someone of value like a pulkkinen mantha or 1st forget it .... Toronto is in no position to demand such things

I'd be just as happy bringing zidlicky back one year and promoting 1-2 of marchenko jensen ouellet instead

People also forget that he is playing against the the best of the best every night. The guy is better suited as second pairing guy, he is currently being miscast.

i wouldn't be surprised if we don't see smith in a wings uniform ever again, especially if babcock is back next season. he simply doesn't have the smarts to be anything more than a depth/fringe defenseman

i wouldn't be surprised if we don't see smith in a wings uniform ever again, especially if babcock is back next season. he simply doesn't have the smarts to be anything more than a depth/fringe defenseman

I hate to admit it, but it does seem like this is the way things are going. Sucks, just a few years ago he was a guy that people couldn't to see play.

If Marchenko is playing, does Babs go with two lefties in our first pairing, and 2 righties in the second?

Or does he do Kronwall/Zidlikcy - Erikkson/Marchenko or Kronwall/Marchenko - Erikkson/Zidlicky?

Kronwall/ Zidlickey would be too "offensive" and not very "defensive". I think his best option is to split Kronner and Zid and spread the offensive D-men. I was thinking it might be either Kronner with Marchenko or babs splits up Quincy from Dekeyser and puts one of them with Marchenko and other with Zids. I highly doubt Marchenko would be with Kronner so I'm guessing Q and D will be split up.

Edited by kickazz

Kronwall/ Zidlickey would be too "offensive" and not very "defensive". I think his best option is to split Kronner and Zid and spread the offensive D-men. I was thinking it might be either Kronner with Marchenko or babs splits up Quincy from Dekeyser and puts one of them with Marchenko and other with Zids. I highly doubt Marchenko would be with Kronner so I'm guessing Q and D will be split up.

Ya I could see that, though I don't like splitting up 2 guys who have played great all year together. But Marchenko on first pairing going up against guys like Stamkos & Johnson scares me.

The more I think about, the more i think Babs just sticks Marchenko in Smith's spot and changes nothing else.

Smith (who's a UFA), Weiss, and paying $2 Million of Phaneuf's salary for Phaneuf doesn't sound like a very good deal for the Leafs. If I was them, I'd pass. Unless the Leafs would take Franzen and pay him to sit on the IR like Horton.

Smith (who's a UFA), Weiss, and paying $2 Million of Phaneuf's salary for Phaneuf doesn't sound like a very good deal for the Leafs. If I was them, I'd pass. Unless the Leafs would take Franzen and pay him to sit on the IR like Horton.

Smith is a RFA