• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCQF : (6) Minnesota Wild vs. (2) St. Louis Blues

Rate this topic

I can't stand Backes or Jackman so go Wild, I guess?

When I'm t hinking of prototypical hockeyplayers guys like Backes are coming to my mind: big, mean, nasty, incredible talented and humble = total package.

Jackman may not be as talented but that guy is a pain in the ass to play against, the Wild won't be able to match the physicality and just like the Hamburglar at some point Dubnyk will come back down to earth.

I've never had a problem with any fan base. For every outspoken, obnoxious fan there are a thousand polite fans who just want to see their team win.

Outside of the Wings I typically root for a team that hasn't ever won a cup. In this case, Minny at least was able to see Dallas win in '99, so I go for the Blues.

On a side note about fans, I've been to a fair number of arenas, but only at the Joe have I seen a fist fight between fans break out in the stands every single game.

Every single game at JLA? I've been to probably around 50 games and haven't seen any physical altercation inside. I've seen fights just outside but only once or twice.

Yeah, I've been to about 10 at the Joe, so not a huge sample size, but there was a fight in every game without exception.

Most of those 10 games were between 2002 and 2005 when I was living in Grand Rapids.