• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

ECQF : (7) Sénateurs d'Ottawa vs. (2) Les Canadiens de Montréal

Rate this topic

Ok, can someone explain to me--in a non-biased way without using the word "attitude" or any of its synonyms--why people seem to hate PK sooooo much? Because I *really* struggle to see what is so outrageously offensive about him. I get it--he's similar to B Smitty in that he has immaturity and impulsivity issues, but SO DO A LOT OF PLAYERS. I never see the same vitriol pointed in their direction. Would people seriously not want him on the Wings? Or is he only hated because he's on the Habs? This is an honest question, help me understand.

Ok, can someone explain to me--in a non-biased way without using the word "attitude" or any of its synonyms--why people seem to hate PK sooooo much? Because I *really* struggle to see what is so outrageously offensive about him. I get it--he's similar to B Smitty in that he has immaturity and impulsivity issues, but SO DO A LOT OF PLAYERS. I never see the same vitriol pointed in their direction. Would people seriously not want him on the Wings? Or is he only hated because he's on the Habs? This is an honest question, help me understand.

I hate him because he is a cheap shot artist and a diver. That's why I hate the entire Habs team. They dive constantly and then complain about it. It makes me sick to my stomach. Say what you want about Smith he doesn't dive and he doesn't cheap shot guys. How anyone outside of Montreal can stand Subban is beyond me.

I hate EVERYTHING about him! Well except his hockey skill, he's really good. And his personality, he's passionate and I'd like to see some Wings have that. And he doesn't really dive any more than anyone else. And I don't mind that he plays for the Habs. It's not his fault. So really it's not his clothes or attitude or abilities, but everything else I hate. That other stuff.

Edited by Mckinley25

I hate him because he is a cheap shot artist and a diver. That's why I hate the entire Habs team. They dive constantly and then complain about it. It makes me sick to my stomach. Say what you want about Smith he doesn't dive and he doesn't cheap shot guys. How anyone outside of Montreal can stand Subban is beyond me.

The diving is my biggest complaint with Subban. There does seem to be a culture of diving with the Habs, sort of like with the Canucks a few seasons back.

Subban has had a few questionable plays but I don't consider him a cheapshot artist. And if you're comparing Smith to Subban, only one of the two of them has been suspended.

I'd take him on the Wings in a heartbeat. I don't know why anyone wouldn't. The guy is an immense talent.

He's still got growing up to do for sure but I think the Red Wings culture would help that. As would getting out of the ridiculous hockey environment of Montreal.

The diving drives me nuts, but the hate for Subban does seem disproportionate to what he actually does. And in interviews and behind the scenes footage he always seems well spoken for a hockey player and pretty humble.

Maybe its because we picked Brendan smith instead of him.

His attitude does bother me at times, but I think he's awesome...

I don't get why when someone talks about how they hate how a player dives and slashes and cross check that it turns into "why do so many people hate said player so much and give him so much hate" No one in this thread has said anything near that they hated the guy as strong as some people claim....Yeah we hate the way he cross checks,dives..slashes his way around in games and doesn't get called. That's what I hate. Yes is is very talented no one is denying that at all. He is just needs to grow up..stop crying like a punk...stop with the cheap slashes,cross checks...slew foots and dives and he would be an awesome player. Have you guys forgotten how many times he has done this to wings players in the games with no retribution? I think that's why he does it. Wings are way too soft on him.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

I don't get why when someone talks about how they hate how a player dives and slashes and cross check that it turns into "why do so many people hate said player so much and give him so much hate" No one in this thread has said anything near that they hated the guy as strong as some people claim....Yeah we hate the way he cross checks,dives..slashes his way around in games and doesn't get called. That's what I hate. Yes is is very talented no one is denying that at all. He is just needs to grow up..stop crying like a punk...stop with the cheap slashes,cross checks...slew foots and dives and he would be an awesome player. Have you guys forgotten how many times he has done this to wings players in the games with no retribution? I think that's why he does it. Wings are way too soft on him.

That someone would be me. And my question wasn't in reference to only comments that were said in this thread, but an overall observation of the vitriol that inevitably surfaces from some posters when PK Subban is discussed. It was an honest question, the purpose of which being to enlighten me as to why people feel this way as I'm clearly missing something and fail to see how he is so polarizing. Those that wish to share their opinions were welcome to, and those that prefer not to discuss it can refrain from doing so. This is a discussion board, after all. The fact that you got so offended or read into what was truly an honest question is your issue, not mine, as I am welcome to ask whatever I wish. If you don't want to justify your hate for Subban, don't. It's as simple as that.

He does it because he thinks it will help his team get a make up call, or get a pp to help his team.

Hes made some questionable plays against the wings and every other team, but that's not why hes doing it vs Ottawa.

And it was a fair question.

If you read through the thread he was absolutely getting hate.

Some of it was warranted, like talking about how he was jumping up and down on the ice when the call was made on the slash, or when he was throwing a fit in the hallway, but he was absolutely getting hated on.

And he gets a lot of hate pretty much everywhere, not just here.

He's young, an amazing player, and he has an attitude..

It was a legitimate question.

He does it because he thinks it will help his team get a make up call, or get a pp to help his team.

Hes made some questionable plays against the wings and every other team, but that's not why hes doing it vs Ottawa.

And it was a fair question.

If you read through the thread he was absolutely getting hate.

Some of it was warranted, like talking about how he was jumping up and down on the ice when the call was made on the slash, or when he was throwing a fit in the hallway, but he was absolutely getting hated on.

And he gets a lot of hate pretty much everywhere, not just here.

He's young, an amazing player, and he has an attitude..

It was a legitimate question.

I'm just tired of him. And all the drama that surrounds him. Some love it, and are super into this series. All this drama has me not giving a damn and has turned me away from watching it. My only opinion is that I want the Habs to be eliminated. I get tired of the attention seeking and whining from the team and their fans. Especially living in Canada. It is the worst.

I would rather deal with Leaf fans any day. At least they are always around. Habs fans only show up when the team is winning. You don't hear from them when they lose.

Posted Today, 10:47 PM

So I Went to this local restaurant today for a quick take out with friends before watching habs game and yeah guy there knows I'm a Wings fan and right away he's like niceeee win there man ! And I'm like why ? Cause you think it'll be easier for you guys to beat us? (I live in montreal) and he just laughs

f***en assholes lol god I hate habs fans and the habs ... We're far away from beating tampa but if we end up beating them and face the f***en habs we gotta beat those assholes ... Everyone in this city is already getting delusional

Sorry had to vent:) lol