• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Red Wings' playoff lines and priorities

Rate this topic

So what does everyone think our Lines for game 1 will look like vs tb and which tb line should be our priority and who should we try and get to match up against them?

As good as stamkos plays I think we should try and target the 2nd line of palat johnson kucherov and if we can slow them down I think we got a great shot to win the series

I'd love to see a glendening helm sheahan line to stop them but I don't know if we'd do that since there 3 centers but all 3 got great speed and great compete level to try and shut them down

Does anyone think Babcock will put Ferraro game 1? I know he's got great speed but he's also a rookie so don't know if miller glendening Ferraro line would cut it

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

If Abby is back, I'm moving Helm to center, but that's probably not happening in Babs' world.

Z - Pav - Abby

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco

Weiss - Helm - Nyquist

Miller - Glendening - Ferraro/Andersson

No Pulkkinen because I think the Wings need some element of size in Jurco with Cole and Franzen already missing at forward.

I'm putting 41 on Johnson, and 40 on Stamkos. I'm starting Mrazek if I'm Babcock.

That's what I think should be done too. Put pav and Z out against Stamkos. Give Miller-Glendening-Andersson The job of shutting down their young line put Gus-Sheahan-Tatar out against Filppula's line and roll Helm-Weiss-Jurco/Pulks against whoever else they have.

Practice this morning:

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 3m3 minutes ago

Abdelkader returns to practice today for Wings. Looks like Helm only player not skating.

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 3m3 minutes ago

Mrazek in the net usually occupied by the next game's starter.

Chuck Pleiness @wingsfrontman 3m3 minutes ago

Abdelkader passing the puck back and forth with Gustavsson.

No worries on Helm (I Hope lol)

Helene St. James @HeleneStJames 3s3 seconds ago

Darren Helm out sick, per Ken Holland. Misses bbq day, no less.

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 28s29 seconds ago

Lines: Tatar-Datsyuk-Cleary (holding Helm spot) Weiss/Abdelkader-Zetterberg-Nyquist Andersson-Sheahan-Jurco Miller-Glendening-Ferraro

It looks like IF Abby is ready to go by Thursday (I bet we see)

Tatar - Datsyuk - Helm

Abdelkader - Zetterberg - Nyquist

Weiss - Sheahan - Andersson/Jurco

Miller - Glendening - Andersson/Jurco

Pulkkinen will sit, which is not surprising

Edited by HockeytownRules19

I'm a little iffy on that third pairing - concerned about the foot speed. KFQ's had issues with bone chips in his ankle and Zidlicky... well, he's just slow.

I can see Babs using the second pairing more if Marchenko shows he can play steady hockey. Should be interesting.

Why would you split back up Dats and Z. They have been playing great together as always.

UGH!

Babcock said he hasn't decided if Datsyuk and Zetterberg will be split. Could depend on whether Abdelkader is available, he said.

I like splitting up Dats and Z. Yeah they've acored but they're not playing unbelievable or anything. Our center depth is one of the advantages we have over Tampa

Disagree completely. They give us a great line. With them split we just have mediocre lines. We clinched because of that line.

Saw on khans twitter that were splitting hank and pav ... And looks like Ferraro on the 4th line ? Kinda surprised at that one seeing he's just played one game , I'm guessing Babs is inserting him in to use his speed since tb team has a lot of it

So who's out ? Cleary pulkkinen and smith and kindl? Is weiss out? He was in the 2nd line at practice playing for helm since he's hurt so guessing Babs will prefer anderssen over turnover machine weiss

Disagree completely. They give us a great line. With them split we just have mediocre lines. We clinched because of that line.

Yeah on paper it looks great but they didn't dominate against the canes or Habs. Z will look better with Abby back and Tatar will be better with Dats... Not to mention we actually will have a dangerous third now. Depth wins in the playoffs

Edited by joesuffP

I like splitting up Dats and Z. Yeah they've acored but they're not playing unbelievable or anything. Our center depth is one of the advantages we have over Tampa

I agree, partially. Part of me wants them together, because I think they'll produce more offense, but I don't think our other lines would match up well against Tampa's kid line. Palat-Johnson-Kucherov vs. Tatar-Sheahan-Nyquist wouldn't end well, IMO. Need Z and D separate to run against their scoring lines.