• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

ECQF : (5) New York Islanders vs. (4) Washington Capitals

Rate this topic

I don't think the hit was overly dirty, but I do think Wilson is a bit of a dirty player in general. I could probably be talked into it being a dirty hit though, while he didn't jump into it, elbow him, etc., the guy was in a vulnerable position, not expecting the hit as he didn't have the puck and Wilson clearly had no interest in the puck. I think he was called for charging, which is possible, but I think interference would have been the better call.

Honestly, I hope the Caps do well, Ovechkin has always seemed like a nice enough guy and it's criminal how someone that good has never even made it to the Conference Finals. Plus the other three teams in this branch are all teams I despise, so the Caps coming out of it would be cool.

Ha. Some teams advocate cheering through the anthem, which seems disrespecful., but whatevs.

If you're cheering through the anthem, you're at least paying attention to the anthem. I'm not fond of it. I'd rather people sang along or stayed quiet, but if it's a tradition, at least they are doing something to acknowledge the anthem. These were just idiots whooping it up.

I'm picking the Isles tonight. Isn't their franchise record when facing an elimination game something like 35-8 or something stupid good?

If it is it must be from back in the 80's, they haven't won a playoff series since 1993.

This was an absolutely killer series. Very very good. I watched most of it, and was really impressed with it. It had everything you want in a playoff series. Great goaltending, overtime, game 7, lots of chippiness/hitting, stars shining, etc. I watched game 7 last night, and you just knew that Washington was taking this one home.

Also, Evgeny Kuztensov is pretty awesome. Guy's finally becoming what he was drafted to be.