• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
roboturner

Babcock: Petr Mrazek is starting Game 1

Rate this topic

It's a kids thang...

The Wheel Deal ‏@Bill_Roose 2m2 minutes ago Detroit, MI

#RedWings Babcock confirmed that Mrazek, Marchenko and Ferraro will play in Game 1 vs. Lightning.

This is what we needed I feel, god If Babcock can get the lines right I believe we will make it to the second round!

or Andy out Abby in

I've got to say, I'm really surprised at this development. I'm not shocked, but I am surprised. I'm rooting for the kid, I like him a lot, and I think he was bound to take Jimmy's job in the next 1-2 seasons, but I'm not expecting a miracle this year, and the way he's played down the stretch, it'd take a miracle for him to work out his consistency issues for the playoffs. Those are 1-2 year starter's workload issues if you ask me. He's confident enough to not be set back by a rough outing in his rookie year though, and I'm assuming that's why they're taking the gamble on him. A goalie who was less tough mentally wouldn't be getting this chance at this point in his career when you have Howard on your team.

Edited by gcom007

Z-DATSYUK-ABBY

TATAR-SHEAHAN-NYQUIST

WEISS-HELM-JURCO

MILLER-GLENNY-FERRARO

KRONNER-E

DK-MARCHENKO

QUINCEY-ZIDS

Mrazek

This is what I always wanted make it happen and this'll be one hell of a series.. Tampa better be ready.

I know you love Petr and all, but with the other Mrazek thread plus the "what will our lines be vs tb" thread, this seems a little self-serving or something. Just my 2 cents.........

I feel like I have to publicly dissociate from fanboy because he's making mrazek supporters look bad.

I know you love Petr and all, but with the other Mrazek thread plus the "what will our lines be vs tb" thread, this seems a little self-serving or something. Just my 2 cents.........

I just wanted to notify everyone I didn't see this coming I mean I guess that Montreal game really ticked Babs off

Between the news of Mrazek starting over Howard, and Marchenko starting over (likely) Smith seems to imply that Babcock wants a fast transition game to combat the Lightning's offense. I'm hesitant to see Mrazek get the nod simply because he's been unable to string together a series of solid games, but nobody can deny the kid moves the puck phenomenally, and I don't think Babcock will look to Mrazek for game 2 if he doesn't have a strong game 1. Jimmy might come in and play with a chip on his shoulder, should he get the opportunity.