• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Wing

S'matter Yzerman, afraid of the jersey you wore for so long?

Rate this topic

Because Gordie didn't PLAY for another NHL franchise or anything... But I like the enthusiasm lol.

I know he did. And I would have said the same about him if we'd been playing his team in the playoffs. My point, however, is that Yzerman doesn't get "Red Wings Legend" levels of devotion from me while he's actively trying to beat our team. When he retires from the sport altogether, he gets to be a Wing again. Until then, f*** that guy and his garbage ass team. I hope his entire team, family, and friends all get the mumps. Punk ass *****.

Honestly, why do you guys/gals even care? Were/are you planning on going to Tampa Bay for game 1? I really don't see the issue with this - it's home ice. If a team wants to fill a building with their fans, that's their prerogative. Unless you live in Tampa and/or planned on making the trek down there, why do you even care at all? Seems like something to complain about.

Honestly, why do you guys/gals even care? Were/are you planning on going to Tampa Bay for game 1? I really don't see the issue with this - it's home ice. If a team wants to fill a building with their fans, that's their prerogative. Unless you live in Tampa and/or planned on making the trek down there, why do you even care at all? Seems like something to complain about.

Because the Tampa Bay lightening and their turd fans are now the opposition. And every thing they do is therefore stupid, sucky, and asinine. Whereas everything we do is absolutely right on a cosmic (almost divine) level. Because it's the playoffs...and they're stupid, and we rule.

Somethings are so frigging stupid it makes your blood boil. This is one of them. Isn't this a frigging free country. That's discrimination. Can you withhold service or selling something to someone because you're black or because you're ***? No! How come you have to have a FL postal code to buy tix?

Actually, in a "free country" one should be able to discriminate ... and suffer the economic consequences of bad PR.

f*** Steve Yzerman. He's not the Red Wings, and the Red Wings aren't him. He stopped getting the Gordie Howe treatment the second he associated himself with another active NHL hockey team. Particularly with one that we're playing in the playoffs.

I hope we crush Stevie, the Lightening, the city of Tampa, and the whole state of Florida for that matter. Let an earthquake crumble it, let the fires rage, let it burn tof****** ash and then let the waters rise and submerge the whole rat-infested place, Stevie right along with it.

This is playoff hockey.

Just when I think this board is starting to show some class, you go and open your big heretical trash mouth.

"Look at me, I hate possibly the most beloved Red Wing player of all time now... because he makes personnel decisions for the team mine has to play against."

Pathetic

And may I recommend dropping the whole 'screw dirty tampa' bit as well. Those people can't read anyway, so it's falling on deaf ears.

Because the Tampa Bay lightening and their turd fans are now the opposition. And every thing they do is therefore stupid, sucky, and asinine. Whereas everything we do is absolutely right on a cosmic (almost divine) level. Because it's the playoffs...and they're stupid, and we rule.

I should have known better :lol:

Though, what I said wasn't directed at you. I've seen this stuff all over. Makes little sense to me.

If there is a Game 5 I'm flying down. Already bought tickets for the plane and the game. Now where to sleep?!?!?!?!

Just when I think this board is starting to show some class, you go and open your big heretical trash mouth.

"Look at me, I hate possibly the most beloved Red Wing player of all time now... because he makes personnel decisions for the team mine has to play against."

Pathetic

And may I recommend dropping the whole 'screw dirty tampa' bit as well. Those people can't read anyway, so it's falling on deaf ears.

It's hard for me to idolize a man who turned his back on Detroit and walked away from the organization in order to become a general manager in the world's biggest trailer park. Might as well be the general manager of a Cinnabon, its more prestigious.

It's even harder for "fans" of that trailer park team to understand why they suck, given their measly 45 chromosomes and their Type II diabetes.

Lay off the Mountain Dew you swamp rats!

I should have known better :lol:

Though, what I said wasn't directed at you. I've seen this stuff all over. Makes little sense to me.

I know, I'm just having fun.

If there is a Game 5 I'm flying down. Already bought tickets for the plane and the game. Now where to sleep?!?!?!?!

Sleep on a cardboard box under an overpass. You'll fit right in with the locals.

Can't believe there's people here actually bashing Yzerman. So he didn't want to wait for Kenny to leave. Instead, he goes to Tampa, builds a good team and gets a 1st round pick for Kyle Quincey. You gotta love it.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Can't believe there's people here actually bashing Yzerman. So he didn't want to wait for Kenny to leave. Instead, he goes to Tampa, builds a good team and gets a 1st round pick for Kyle Quincey. You gotta love it.

He uses spray tan. Screw that guy. Next thing you know he'll be saying "Gentlemen, start your engines!" at the Daytona 500. If that hillbilly's organization wants a rivalry, I'll give them a rivalry. My "hate dial" is turned up to 11 and I'm gunning for Stevie Y, his pretty boy goal scorer, and the rest of his grisly pack of philistines.

You are only saying that because it's Steve Yzerman. No other NHL team has a GM meddle in business affairs outside of the NHL roster.

And yes I'm working on finding a link for exactly who controls ticket policy. I guarantee you Tampa is set up like every other NHL team and has an Executive VP for that purpose....

EDIT: I could only find stories that had quotes coming from the team's communications director, so I called their ticket office directly at 813.301.6600. Per someone named Tony, this policy was envisioned by the owner and put into practice by the COO. Yzerman has ZERO to do with it. Feel free to call yourself if you want.

For the third time, I never said Yzerman created this policy. What I said was if this policy was NOT created by the owner or team president, I'm sure with his standing in the organization, Yzerman would have veto power.

Also, if my argument was that Yzerman created it (which is wasn't), telling me that Tony from the Lightning told you otherwise is NOT proof LOL!

I hope to god this has nothing to do with stevie. This is the first time I have ever thought about Stevie Y in a negative way and it leaves a terrible taste in my mouth. The guy bled Red and White for 22 years so I hope he doesn't have his hand in this.

Yzerman could pull the 2nd greatest heel turn in history.

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by GMRwings1983

I feel like he's Bischoff in this scenario. Who's the third man? Someone's gotta be on the ice to be part of the "Own-Goal of Doom".

Brendan Smith is the popular choice here, but for overall impact and shock, I have to go with Zetterberg. He's the third man!

Edited by GMRwings1983

Brendan Smith is the popular choice here, but for overall impact and shock, I have to go with Zetterberg. He's the third man!

The third man is clearly Babcock. Who will complete his heel turn when Bischoff...er...Yzerman signs him in the offseason.

For the third time, I never said Yzerman created this policy. What I said was if this policy was NOT created by the owner or team president, I'm sure with his standing in the organization, Yzerman would have veto power.

Also, if my argument was that Yzerman created it (which is wasn't), telling me that Tony from the Lightning told you otherwise is NOT proof LOL!

What makes you think a general manager would have veto power over a teams ticket sales?

The third man is clearly Babcock. Who will complete his heel turn when Bischoff...er...Yzerman signs him in the offseason.

Meh. I think half the forum could care less if he leaves at this point. That wouldn't be a shock or a devastation.