• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

ECQF : (8) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (1) New York Rangers

Rate this topic

Funny how the Wings and Bolts series was the only one where every expert picked one team (TB). That means someone picked the Pens to win this series. I think it was the 11 espn "experts" though so that's meaningless lol. Rags in 5.

Edited by 8 Legged RedWing

Wow, I just noticed the 6 Dmen the Pens will be starting on D for game 1. I knew they'd be in big trouble anyway since losing Letang, but I didn't realize how bad of a situation they are in. I read something earlier that made me chuckle....they had to play most of their final games with only 5 D (due to cap issues) and one of the good things going into the playoffs is that they are able to call up some Dmen from the AHL....I don't think that is the thing you want to hear about as being positive....able to call up AHL guys, yeah!!

Another reason why I can't stand the fancy new advanced stats....PIT has the best stats of any other team over the past 25 games (fancy stats)...yet they absolutely were free-falling during that period. Some might say they played well (backed up by stats) and that is was mostly bad luck that cost them games.....I don't buy much of that at all though, that would just be coming from people trying to make sure the fancy stats should still have a lot of weight.

And yet no one seems to be watching!

NY leads series 2-1, tied 1 all in the third. Fleury's faced 19 shots. He Who Shall Not Be Named still has a worse playoff 'stache than I do. Rangers are icing the puck and are offsides constantly. I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that NY isn't manhandling the Pens.