• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

ECQF Game 1 GDT : Red Wings at Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:30 EST

Rate this topic

I wish we wouldve called up athanasiou before the end of the regular season.

His speed would be amazing at the third line c position if he seemed like he could hack it.

Even Nosek.

I just feel like we're icing a scoring line with no potential to score with Andy out there.

He's good defensively, but offensively that entire third line lookslike a black hole at this point.

third line is soft as hell but good thing for us so is TB.

We are gonna have to rely 100% on our top 2 lines for scoring. That might be a problem though since Z and D might be used to shut down the top lines as well.

Kid line is an X -factor for sure.

I fully expect Glendennings line to go up against the Stammer line. Gotta get those 20 mins

Edited by WingsallTheway

third line is soft as hell but good thing for us so is TB.

We are gonna have to rely 100% on our top 2 lines for scoring. That might be a problem though since Z and D might be used to shut down the top lines as well.

Kid line is an X -factor for sure.

I fully expect Glendennings line to go up against the Stammer line. Gotta get those 20 mins

We have absolutely no size in our lineup to speak of. Even if Abdelkader plays.

Last season Game 1 didn't matter jack s***. But I think this year is different. Tampa match up much better against the Wings than Boston did. Excited to see the new look D pairs and Mrazek break out of our zone. If they can do an effective job throwing off Tampas forecheck/cycle game, we have just as good a chance as they do. Lets get to it, LGW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's finally here. Just shaved my face for the last time in weeks (I hope). As I always remark at the start of a playoff series : It's not a problem to loose an away game, it's a problem if you loose all. A win tonight would be huge, but as long as the Wings fight tooth and nails out there I'll be satisfied with whatever the outcome is.

I think our key-player (besides Mrazek, of course) is Stephen Weiss. If he gets going, we have enough scoring depth to be a real threat, even for an offensive powerhouse like Tampa. And to none of the writers picking us : I remember a certain series a few years ago against the Ducks where no one picked us either. Reminder : We won it in 7.

Since we "overachieved" for a few months maybe we can overachieve for 7 more weeks and shock everyone. Here's to a great playoff run and maybe a nice long ride into June. Ya never know. LET'S GO RED WINGS!!