• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GMRwings1983

Man Games Lost

Rate this topic

I found an interesting website that studies man games lost and overall impact on team. Not sure I entirely understand it yet, but found it informative. Anybody else know this website?

I've attached the link below. This shows the total man games lost since 2009-2010.

http://www.mangameslost.com/the-most-injured-nhl-teams-since-the-2009-2010-season/

It appears the teams that have won the Cup since that time were the teams with the fewest injuries.

As an FYI, here are the man games lost this season.

http://www.mangameslost.com/end-of-regular-season-nhl-man-games-lost-and-tmitt-metrics-april-16-2015/

It appears Montreal, New York and St. Louis are the Cup favorites, if you follow the pattern from the last 5 seasons. Chicago is in there too (how do these pricks stay healthy every season?)

Kane did get injured for awhile this season and Hossa always seems to miss time but I think it's probably that they play a skill game like us but have the size and grit to back them up.

Edited by mvanpop

Kane did get injured for awhile this season and Hossa always seems to miss time but I think it's probably that they play a skill game like us but have the size and grit to back them up.

I don't think the injuries have to do with that. Chicago is one of the least toughest teams in the league over the years when it comes to grinders or enforcers. Pittsburgh has had lots of toughness over the years, but are always among the league leaders in injuries and man games lost.

Is it crazy to say that some teams have better conditioning and training than other teams? Better doctors maybe? That some teams prepare players better during offseason and in between games? I don't think so.

Makes sense. But it's really great to see the numbers support the logic. Thanks for sharing.

I didn't even notice, but the first post in this thread had a link which has since been updated (because Tampa is designated as having made the Finals). But that shows the Cup winners since 2010 as all having been the healthiest teams.

It's also fair to say that Chicago is juicing. All these playoff games played over the years and they're always healthy.

I wonder if this also excuses the Pens somewhat. They're dead last in man games lost since 2010.

Edited by GMRwings1983

I didn't even notice, but the first post in this thread had a link which has since been updated (because Tampa is designated as having made the Finals). But that shows the Cup winners since 2010 as all having been the healthiest teams.

It's also fair to say that Chicago is juicing. All these playoff games played over the years and they're always healthy.

I wonder if this also excuses the Pens somewhat. They're dead last in man games lost since 2010.

Eddie O probably volunteered to do the glute injections.

edit: spelling

Edited by rick zombo