• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Post-GDT ECQF Game 1: Red Wings 3, Lightning 2 (DET leads, 1-0)

Rate this topic

Z had nothing to do with both of Datsyuks goals, Datsyuk doesn't need Z on his wing to produce we split them up so we can actually get some secondary scoring I don't think having three kids on the same line is smart plus Babs is splitting them up if/when Abby returns buddy.

Z had nothing to do with both of Datsyuks goals, Datsyuk doesn't need Z on his wing to produce we split them up so we can actually get some secondary scoring I don't think having three kids on the same line is smart plus Babs is splitting them up if/when Abby returns buddy.

He definitely shouldn't split them up. I'd rather have one amazing line versus 2 mediocre lines. Don't call me buddy. Thanks chief.

A lot of nyquist and Tatars struggles I think came from being matched up against the stamkos line for much of the night. I'm sure that's a matchup cooper with stick with in tampa's home games. I would imagine Babcock will try to avoid that matchup and maybe try to match Datsyuk's line against them.

As far as the defense goes, someone said we played really bad defensively but I actually thought the opposite. We lost the puck possession game really badly and gave up a lot of shots but I thought everyone was in the right spots, clogging the middle and forcing outside shots that Mrazek didn't have any problems with.

The best news of all is that we have so much to improve but we still got the win. I don't think we'll see a game as lopsided as this one again

Now we know how Edmonton and Calgary and Los Angeles fans felt like all those years the Wings would pile shot after shot after shot after powerplay shot and still lose by one.

Also when you look at Glendening's goal look at who fails to do much other than slow dance with him -- Filppula

A lot of nyquist and Tatars struggles I think came from being matched up against the stamkos line for much of the night. I'm sure that's a matchup cooper with stick with in tampa's home games. I would imagine Babcock will try to avoid that matchup and maybe try to match Datsyuk's line against them.

As far as the defense goes, someone said we played really bad defensively but I actually thought the opposite. We lost the puck possession game really badly and gave up a lot of shots but I thought everyone was in the right spots, clogging the middle and forcing outside shots that Mrazek didn't have any problems with.

The best news of all is that we have so much to improve but we still got the win. I don't think we'll see a game as lopsided as this one again

If you ever listen to Bill Cosby, he has a saying. Dont ever challenge worse. Things can always get worse

I don't think we played well, but I don't think we played nearly as poorly as some suggested, particularly on defense. I think/hope we'll see a much better effort in game 2.

Glendening needs to be added to the top banner for his play tonight. Just all heart and determination.

Wow bold statement!

I love his game right now. When I saw him take the face off with 12 seconds left I just thought of Draper in his prime. Just a guy you can count on to work hard and D the * up.

It's on one of his older albums, yes I said albums. I think its called For Adults Only.

Ha...

Even before the countless claims of wrongdoings, I never enjoyed him.

Other than impressions of him, basically everything he did annoyed me.

I am a huge supporter of his sweater collection, but not of anything he's done.

Wow bold statement!

I love his game right now. When I saw him take the face off with 12 seconds left I just thought of Draper in his prime. Just a guy you can count on to work hard and D the * up.

I was so impressed with Glendening's work ethic tonight. He never made it easy for Tampa and for him to get that game winning goal is just the icing on the cake. He's really become an incredibly important part of this young Red Wings team.

St. Petr!

Nice to win a game like that... we have lost our share of games where we dominated the way Tampa did tonight.

Still, the PK was legit and the defense stepped up... Have to keep Smitty on the bench, though that turnover of Zidlicky made me want to break my tv.

Hope we get Abby back soon.

Glendening needs to be added to the top banner for his play tonight. Just all heart and determination.

YES! He's Draper 2.0.

AND, you have to give it to Babs... he called this. He said right away that Glenny could play and would be a player in the NHL.

Sadly couldn't watch the whole game but as expected Tampa is lightning fast, Wings D needs to be better simple as that .

Mrazek needs to stop playing his over aggressive style that's not going to fly in the playoffs.

I don't care which team has more shots the D needs to play them tighter.

I'm sure Tampa will want to even the score in the next game..let's see if wings can keep up.

At least it won't be a sweep so that's a positive

Only 7 pages? Wtf? I guess when this team wins, the trolls go away. And some people who do stay say stuff like, "Welp, atleast we won't get swept!" Lol, Red Wing fans?

Glendening was incredible. Great game from Helm.

Glendening, though... he may be the X-Factor.

Mrazek was awesome. I felt his aggressive goaltending was perfect. Cut off a lot of net from the puck-moving Bolts. Great game all around.

If Wings win game 2, Tampa's say "Ruh roh!"

Edited by themcityblues

Only 7 pages? Wtf? I guess when this team wins, the trolls go away. And some people who do stay say stuff like, "Welp, atleast we won't get swept!" Lol, Red Wing fans?

Glendening was incredible. Great game from Helm.

Glendening, though... he may be the X-Factor.

Mrazek was awesome. I felt his aggressive goaltending was perfect. Cut off a lot of net from the puck-moving Bolts. Great game all around.

If Wings win game 2, Tampa's say "Ruh roh!"

This is just the post game gdt, the other gdt got locked very quickly after the game.

That one got up to 53 pages.