• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Post-GDT ECQF Game 1: Red Wings 3, Lightning 2 (DET leads, 1-0)

Rate this topic

Good to scrape by with the win. Mrazek was a wall out there.

I will say the Wings need to do a much better job getting involved in the play and not just watching the puck. I can't believe how many times I saw our guys standing around while Tampa was skating, cycling, attacking, etc. I understand playing positional hockey defensively and trying to protect the slot, but this was atrocious defensive hockey. So many of their scoring chances came because of blown coverage, due to one of our guys not realizing someone was sneaking in behind him. All they have to do is keep their head on a swivel and be aware out there. Do that one thing and I think this game looks much different.

Aside from that, I'm sure everyone saw the lack of hustle, desire to engage or win puck battles along the boards, and so on, so I won't beat that one to death. Helm had a solid game. Glendening had a mostly solid game, but lost his man at one point defensively which lead to a glorious scoring opportunity for the Lightning. In fact it may have been their second goal, but I can't remember for sure. Datsyuk had two goals, but I don't think he played well aside from those shifts. All in all it was such an ugly game from almost the entire roster.

Babcock is a freaking genius

Been saying for a while now mrazek can steal a series and howard can't ... Howard's good but mrazek's abilities are miles ahead

Now let's get justin back in the lineup and pulkkinen since we need someone to actually shoot on the net and let's get a 2-0 series lead

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Well- a couple things.

1. Wings needed to steal one- that's what they did. Great job petr!!!

2. How bout glenny? Not just the backhand shorty- balls effort all night. What a workhorse.

3. I actually thought- and it won't get talked bout much- that two dark horse players really competed well tonight. Ferraro and Jurco. Pavs will be the offensive hero as he should- but nice effort outta those two.

On to game 2. Have a beer boys and girls.

Mrazek, Glendening, Datsyuk, Helm were really good.

Tatar, Nyquist absent

Mr. Zidlicky you are on notice

Ya noticed Tatar and nyquist were absent ... Really concerning ... Was already thinking to myself if nothing changes rest of the playoffs I'd consider offering up one for van riems dyk ..... We need to add some size and nastyness to the team next year

Dekeyser was our best dmen tonight IMO, big E was up there too. Nyquist and Tatar have to show some fight, played way to much in their own end. Petr stole this hands down, with the help of Pavel. Unless Detroit shows some more compete then like I've said before Petr will have to be our own 2006 Cam Ward, so far so good Petr. That means show up on Sunday for the majority in red.

As was said previously, it's great to have our goalie steal one. Big ups to Petr Mrazek for his first NHL playoff win. I haven't watched the DVR yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Keep it rolling. Getting Abby back for game 2 would be a nice plus. If we can draw first blood early in game 2 and Petr is strong early, could the team be getting in Tampa Bay's head? Nice of the D to be stepping up in a better way. How did Marchenko look? Does it seem like he will stay in for game 2?

Mrazek definitely made the decision to go with him in net look like a smart one.

Great to get a win out of that one any way.

It still seems like maybe there should be a couple of different faces/numbers out there on ice next game, I think.

I think you're right. Weiss probably out.

Who else?

I have to say I thought Sheahan was one of our worst players tonight. I hope he steps it up, he's too good not to.

Now to all of you that say I may be a little one sided towards Mrazek when it comes to the goalie debate it's because of this, I'm sorry but even on Howard's best days he could never of stopped Tampa Mrazek was amazing, Jimmy is a great goalie but he needs a great defense to win a cup which we obviously don't have here