• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Oilers win the Draft Lottery

Rate this topic

Andersson? That guys overrated and isn't he in his 30s now? Man you trade yakupov and draisaitl you'd better get a lot more than that

This would be pointless cause they'd still suck for another 2-5 yrs but montreal wants to reunite yakupov with galchenyuk and I keep hearing zach fucale's name but he's far from being ready

Can see a yakupov for fucale tinordi +more type deal but again won't help Edmonton anytime soon

Also noticed eberle is 25 already ... That's nuts , gone by so fast so he's already 7-8 yrs older ... I get rid of him as well for more young good assets

Keep mcdavid hall hopkins draisaitl nurse and go from there

You can't trade all veterans and have a bunch of very early 20s, 18 boys on your club veteran experience is needed to show them the way (nutrition, how to deal with the media, how to prepare ...).

Even with McDavid they Oilers aren't going to be immediate contenders this year all it does is giving them tons of options for the future and I'm sure now they aren't building for the playoffs, this team will be built for the great price.

#1 for OEL with other pieces to balance it out.

Why would Arizona do this? They have OEL to build around, along with Domi, Duclair and the 3rd overall pick this year who also will be very good.

Trading OEL leaves a big hole they can't fill, not to mention you would have to add Domi, or the 3rd overall pick as well to get McDavid.

They'd be stupid to trade away the next Crosby. Trade other forwards for D and goaltending maybe.

I just think they could get a bigger return for McDavid (or the #1) than some of their current forwards since every GM knows what they need. You know some team (Flyers... ahem) would pay a king's ransom for the chance to draft the next superstar.

You can't trade all veterans and have a bunch of very early 20s, 18 boys on your club veteran experience is needed to show them the way (nutrition, how to deal with the media, how to prepare ...).

Even with McDavid they Oilers aren't going to be immediate contenders this year all it does is giving them tons of options for the future and I'm sure now they aren't building for the playoffs, this team will be built for the great price.

No but your not gonna trade yakupov or hopkins for a 34 yr old Andersson

You can't trade all veterans and have a bunch of very early 20s, 18 boys on your club veteran experience is needed to show them the way (nutrition, how to deal with the media, how to prepare ...).Even with McDavid they Oilers aren't going to be immediate contenders this year all it does is giving them tons of options for the future and I'm sure now they aren't building for the playoffs, this team will be built for the great price.No but your not gonna trade yakupov or hopkins for a 34 yr old Andersson
I'm talking about signing him and then trade for a top pairing guy with size.As much as we all won't like it the fact is - barring McDavid pulling a Lindros - he will be an Oiler on July 1.

In terms of Philly they basically need the same thing we do a top pairing guy I.e Hanifin.I would try getting Luke Schenn from them.

Edited by frankgrimes

Also noticed eberle is 25 already ... That's nuts , gone by so fast so he's already 7-8 yrs older ... I get rid of him as well for more young good assets

Keep mcdavid hall hopkins draisaitl nurse and go from there

He's been in the league 5 years. Are you suggesting that 25 is too old? Anyway, Eberle would be a keeper for me. He's probably been their most sturdy contributer. Hall's always injured, and he's outproduced RNH so far.

I'm talking about signing him and then trade for a top pairing guy with size.As much as we all won't like it the fact is - barring McDavid pulling a Lindros - he will be an Oiler on July 1.

In terms of Philly they basically need the same thing we do a top pairing guy I.e Hanifin.I would try getting Luke Schenn from them.

Isn't anderssen signed ? ... There's a 0% chance mcdavid is going anywhere but Edmonton ... We all know edm should make a trade for some d and a goalie but unless mactavish changes his mindset I don't see it happening

He's been in the league 5 years. Are you suggesting that 25 is too old? Anyway, Eberle would be a keeper for me. He's probably been their most sturdy contributer. Hall's always injured, and he's outproduced RNH so far.

Not saying he's old but compared to the other kids and especially mcdavid he is ...eberle can leave when mcdavid will be 21 I think?

Won't get an argument from me , love eberle just think if you can trade him and get 2 really young d + I might consider doing it

Yup. Hammond is their goaltender that's UFA this year. Anderssen signed thru 17/18. Lehner thru 16/17 and still a RFA.

My bad then sorry, thought for sure Anderssen would be UFA. So they now have to decide between the Hamburglar, Anderssen and Lehner ? Tough call but I guess Anderssen is on his way out which would be a mistake.

Just a few observations:

-We don't have to play Connor Mcdavid 4 times a year for the next 8 years.

-This improves our chances of trading for Dion Phanuef as Toronto was rumoured to have been using him as a way to move up to the #3 pick had Edmonton landed where predicted. He becomes even more expendable if they draft Hannifin.

-This does not improve our chances of keeping Mike Babcock.

My bad then sorry, thought for sure Anderssen would be UFA. So they now have to decide between the Hamburglar, Anderssen and Lehner ? Tough call but I guess Anderssen is on his way out which would be a mistake.

I just checked, Hammond is a UFA. So unless they trade one of the other two, it looks like they are losing the goalie that got them in the playoffs.

http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/teams/OTT?year=2015

If Babcock leaves I think he'll go to a different division there's all this talk about Toronto but that's not a challenge that's a rebuild, if Anything a challenge would be Dallas Philly Detroit etc I say he stays even if we lose in the first round, and I think Ken will make some big moves either in the draft or Free agency to sweeten the deal and make us more competitive for Babs, if we make it to the second round and upset the Habs expect a few changes and I think Babcock will ink up a 6 or 7 year deal with at least 4.75 mil per

4 or 3 if we do make it past the first round.

Edited by MrazekFanBoy

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/wayne-gretzky-says-connor-mcdavid-is--best-player-in-last-30-years-231643402.html

I hope he brings Edmonton a Stanley Cup and he breaks my records ... hes got the talent and the makeup to do it. I hope he leaves a couple for me, though. I could use that, Gretzky said of Connor McDavid...

Hes as good as Ive seen in the last 30 years, the best player to come into the league in the last 30 years, the best to come along since (Mario) Lemieux and (Sidney) Crosby. He can definitely change a franchises fortunes, said Gretzky

Now I'm no expert but Crosby didn't enter the league before he was born, did he? :P

If Arizona or Toronto won the lottery I would have called "fix". Clearly Edmonton winning means it wasn't fixed. I'm sure the last thing Bettman wanted was the Oilers getting ANOTHER #1 overall pick!

Well I'M sure it was a combination of being disappointed and simply overwhelmed by all the attention on TV. McDavid does strike me as a very competitive but introverted guy who doesn't like all that spotlight on him. Media would be wise to let him play and develop without being in his face all the time.