• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
miksteri

Sharks & McLellan part ways

Rate this topic

Blashill's not a clone of Babcock. His teams can actually score at even strength.

None of those players have proven to do much at the nhl level. Tatar and nyquist included.

Blashill's not a clone of Babcock. His teams can actually score at even strength.

None of those players have proven to do much at the nhl level. Tatar and nyquist included.

What wings player in the last 5 years has? The answer is none. Wings aren't built around players scoring a ton of goals anymore.

Also none of those players have scored by your standards under mike Babcock, you shouldn't group blashill into the same scenario because you don't know what his philosophy would be with better players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by darkmanx

Blashill has zero playoff experience, Todd has that. Blashill could be the next Babcock or the next Eakins and I really like the guy but I'm not sure if he would be a better choice than Koala Granted if Todd would even consider coming back

Ahhh he won a Calder Cup with a lot of these guys?

Blashill has zero playoff experience, Todd has that. Blashill could be the next Babcock or the next Eakins and I really like the guy but I'm not sure if he would be a better choice than Koala Granted if Todd would even consider coming back

Ahhh he won a Calder Cup with a lot of these guys?

Yeah but I'm taking about NHL stuff here. Not everyone has the same transition as Cooper.

Like I said it could work but also backfire...Koala would be the safer bet or maybe Julien guy has a great defensive system.

I want him back, just not as a head coach.

Teams? You mean college and minors?

This is the NHL. I'm sure he'd be a good coach. Lets just not make him out to be a offensive wizard just yet.

Edited by wings87

I've been hearing for the last few seasons what a great coach McLellan is, but i've never really known why the media is always banging that drum in unison. What has he really done that makes people think he's so great? Is he a great motivator? Great strategically? Hasn't won anything as a head coach. Great regular seasons have been marred by post-season disappointments. I'm not saying he's a bad coach, just not sure what it is that makes people think he's a great coach.

I know we all assume Blashill would become the next coach if Babcock leaves, but I do wonder if it's really a good idea to replace a guy with a clone. If we need a change in strategy is rather go with McClellan than someone who will just be like Babcock in every way. Especially if him being tuned out by the players is part of the problem.

we have no Problem with babcock if he does leave we better hope for Blash to be his clone if we don't get Todd lol

Yeah but I'm taking about NHL stuff here. Not everyone has the same transition as Cooper. Like I said it could work but also backfire...Koala would be the safer bet or maybe Julien guy has a great defensive system.

he doesn't fit with our team, he couldn't even get his team to score

Just had a thought. If Blashill leaves for an NHL coaching gig. What would be the odds Cleary will be considered as a replacement? He seems to be well liked. Probably won't happen, might be interesting though.

I would more see him him as an assistant first like Blashill.

Edited by mvanpop