• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FlashyG

TSN Play of the Year

Rate this topic

Can we make it 3 years in a row?

We have 2 entrants this year, Zetterberg with a goal of the back of Mazanek's head, and Nyquist's 28 second goal vs Ottawa (I assume, it's not up for voting yet.)

Head over to TSN now to vote for Zetterberg

If you use Google Chrome you can follow these instructions to vote for you without you having to click the button every 5 seconds.

First hit "F12" it will open up a menu, on the top of the menu there is a button for "console" click that and paste the following on the command line.

setInterval(function(){$("#page-wrapper > div > div > section.plays > div.match-play.ng-scope.left-play > button").click()},6000)

Edited by FlashyG

I'd prefer to see the best player of the year be declared as such...not simply voting for the guy from my team and doing so by voting as many times as I possibly can (every 5 seconds or more)...makes no sense to me.

In all honestly, I'd vote for the Vrbata play vs. Zetterberg, but I don't think either will go too far here. The Nyquist goal is a different story though. I don't think it was quite as good as it appears (the fact that he skated around with the puck for so long makes it seem better, but I don't think he put up with enormous pressure with the puck) and the actual goal was kinda weak. However, it was very good and I can't think of any other play of the top of my head that jumps out to me as being better, so that one will get my vote for now (not sure what it will go up against).

You realize other fans do the same right?

It really is a dumb concept this voting business.

The goose goal was awesome because he skated around NHL calibre players for half a minute without losing the puck until he scored. You only do that in amateur beer league and even then you pass it

I totally understand that other fans do the same thing....to which I wonder....what's the point? At the end of the day, what play ends up winning the play of the year? The one from the guy playing for the most popular team? The most tech savvy?

Anyway, I'm not bothered by it that much as it really makes no difference, it's just a silly play of the year showdown. All I care about is watching the plays, not which ones getting voted as being better than the others.

Nyquist is up again, and needs our help as he's currently losing to Hutton.

Enter this in your Chrome console to vote for him every 6 seconds.

setInterval(function(){$("#page-wrapper > div > div > section.plays > div.match-play.ng-scope.right-play > button").click()},6500)

I have a dozen tabs running this. Decent script. As a programmer of 20+ years, I love this kind of stuff. So far a 6% (-3 / +3) swing in Gus' direction in just about 30 mins. We're making progress now! :D

I've had the auto vote script running for the last two hours and will have it up all day tomorrow as well.

When I first voted Nyquist had 41.37%, up to 47.64% now which is still losing but we're moving in the right direction.

Keep up the votes everybody!

I think the script stops working after a while.

It appears to keep voting and the % changes but when you refresh it changes completely, with Hutton still holding a sizeable lead.

I left mine running for a few hours and it had Nyquist ahead with 58 % of the vote, but after refreshing he was behind with only 45%.

Someone should post in on the Wings Reddit board. There are probably scripters there who could write a better one than the one I provided.

Edited by FlashyG

Yeah I don't know what bull**** TSN is pulling but here's the deal: I work in a computer lab that teaches Photoshop classes. No class on Sundays, so I've got 15 computers running this script on about ten tabs each. It's been half an hour and Nyquist has barely gained a few hundred votes. If my math is right that should be a few thousand. So either TSN's vote counts are way behind or something's fishy.

Yeah I don't know what bull**** TSN is pulling but here's the deal: I work in a computer lab that teaches Photoshop classes. No class on Sundays, so I've got 15 computers running this script on about ten tabs each. It's been half an hour and Nyquist has barely gained a few hundred votes. If my math is right that should be a few thousand. So either TSN's vote counts are way behind or something's fishy.

Try using new windows instead of new tabs.

I seem to recall that making a difference last year.

I am using Hola in order to change my location frequently as it seems that after a while votes seem to stop counting. THe counter goes up but when you refresh it drops back substantially

I just had two windows on the iPad going and voting by hand for a couple of minutes, and more than half the votes I put in weren't there after I closed both windows and reloaded. Something is definitely fishy, as I was only going for about four minutes.

I just had two windows on the iPad going and voting by hand for a couple of minutes, and more than half the votes I put in weren't there after I closed both windows and reloaded. Something is definitely fishy, as I was only going for about four minutes.

They probably got wise to the scripts and put a stop to that

I was voting by hand, not scripting. I can partly understand the anti scripting after the Slovakian deluge last season. If you are actually clicking, that's annoying. Oh well.

If our scripts wont work we'll just have to defeat Hutton the old fashioned way.

I've noticed that my phone votes without issue every time but the script doesn't work on it. I have to manually hit the button. I don't notice any difference with multiple tabs/windows on my computer though so I'm just using a single tab on a single window now

Lead is up to almost a .1 of a percentage pt, thats about as big as I've seen Nyquist in front yet.