• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

ECQF Game 4 GDT : Lightning 3 at Red Wings 2 (OT) - Series Tied 2-2

Rate this topic

Ericsson for sure scratched I am hardly convinced Hank should be out there he looks lost not sure what is going on with him but hes way off his game lately. He caused to bad penalties tonight as well.

Dude Zetterberg played better than game 1 and 2, I'm getting pretty sick of people expecting Zetterberg to play godlike. He's frickin 34 coming off a herniated disc back surgey last year. He made good plays and had a decent backchecking game and was +1. Just get over it and realize that this team overall is weak. We have a weak defense and our real forward outthere is Luke frickin Glendening. And i'll be the first to say that Datsyuk's line played terribly today including Pav. But Pav seems like he's hurt so I don't blame him either, he cant always be on top of his game hes frickign 36.

Where's Tatar? Where's Shehean? Where's Jurco? You want a 34 year old and a 36 year old to carry this team? Nyquist was doing teerrible till he got a setup from Z and even then his game was disgusting. Others need to chip in instead of having exceptions from two veteran players every shift.

Edited by kickazz

Mrarzek should have had that first goal. He saves that bad angle short side shot then we win 2-0.... no chance on the other goals. It's infuriating that our "top pairing" is the most easily rattled players we have on the team. DD and Q are pretty much better at every facet of defense. What do we do with E and Kronner? Locked up long term and pretty much keep our defense stagnant at mediocrity unless we upgrade so much they're on the 3rd pairing

Kronwall's had to change his game in the post-Lidstrom era and it just doesn't fit him, and E should just be gone. I've said it for ages. He might not be quite as bad as some of us make him out to be at times, but at the end of the day, he too often just doesn't have what it takes. It's the principle of the matter more than anything at this point to me. We hang on to guys like him and we're less inclined to do what we need to do to really make this defense better.

Dude Zetterberg played better than game 1 and 2, I'm getting pretty sick of people expecting Zetterberg to play godlike. He's frickin 34 coming off a herniated disc back surgey last year. He made good plays and had a decent backchecking game and was +1. Just get over it and realize that this team overall is weak. We have a weak defense and our real forward outthere is Luke frickin Glendening. And i'll be the first to say that Datsyuk's line played terribly today including Pav. But Pav seems like he's hurt so I don't blame him either, he cant always be on top of his game hes frickign 36.

Where's Tatar? Where's Shehean? Where's Jurco? You want a 34 year old and a 36 year old to carry this team? Nyquist was doing teerrible till he got a setup from Z and even then his game was disgusting. Others need to chip in instead of having exceptions from two veteran players every shift.

Z is the captain you expect your captain to show up in the playoffs, he always has in the past we are just used to him elevating his game is all.

I said numerous times throughout the game that Datsyuk doesn't look near 100%. And I've said on these boards too many times that you can only expect so much out of Z at this point. I don't think for a second he's not giving his all. He might not be the force he was, but he's still an important player. We just have to adjust our expectations of how he's contributing.

None of those teams choked a game the way the Wings did, though. But yes, you're right. The series is still on. If this were an elimination game, then it would suck, because we'd have the entire offseason to think about it. What happens from now on depends on the Wings. It shouldn't depend on this game.

Yeah, it was a choke fest for sure. Hopefully they learn from this one. I remember when a 2 goal lead with 5 minutes left was pretty much a sure thing. Not in today's NHL.

Lets hope Glendenning is ok for the next one..it was his absence that caused different matchups that completely screwed our mojo.

But yeah, this game's on Ericsson more than the dirty play on G-dog. the first goal was just inexcusable. trip the guy and take a PK.

That said, another example of the wings taking their foot off the opposition throat.

And whisper it to all the nay-sayers, just like last year Smith has been twice the player in the post season than in the regular. Arguably our best D-man tonight.

Imagine 6 months ago how many people would have anticipated that come the playoffs a line of Miller, Glendenning and Ferraro being arguably our best line; Mrazek being 2 mins away from back to back shutouts in the playoffs as first choice starter; Smith looking as good as anyone on our D; and Abdelkader basically being a key first line forward. Such a shame Cole got hurt as he brings so much of what would improve this team on the front end. Also a shame that because everyone in the NHL knows we need D, and most want to see us crash and burn, that the asking price for the wings to fix their problems is higher than for our rivals. Man, if Suter hadn't had man love with Parise our D would be sorted and we'd be challenging right at the top again. even Niskanen would have made a massive difference...

Ericsson for sure scratched I am hardly convinced Hank should be out there he looks lost not sure what is going on with him but hes way off his game lately. He caused to bad penalties tonight as well.

Not recovered from being sucker punched in the head at Dallas...form has tailed off badly since then.

Z is the captain you expect your captain to show up in the playoffs, he always has in the past we are just used to him elevating his game is all.

He was a +1 and Helm/Datsyuk were -3. Tatar, Ericsson, Kronwall -2. Tell me how exactly did he not show up? People need to open their eyes that one man CANNOT change the playoffs. If that was the case the Penguins shouldnt be losing the series when they have the BEST player in the NHL on their team. Not only that they also has the 2nd best. So where's this showing up about? No.. it's about unit cohesion. If you don't have a team effort. You're not going to make it far.

Edited by kickazz

Where's Tatar? Where's Shehean? Where's Jurco? You want a 34 year old and a 36 year old to carry this team? Nyquist was doing teerrible till he got a setup from Z and even then his game was disgusting. Others need to chip in instead of having exceptions from two veteran players every shift. No

I don't mean to be hating on Z but 34 isn't old lol damn Lidstrom was 42 and playing damn good for his age. I see slapshots that can't even hit the net most of the time Lidstrom hit the net from far out near the blue line just hasn't been any slapshots. I would love to have a screen player like Holmstrom man how i miss those days. I guess I am just not liking whats happening to us as a team. Also worried the hard reality is Babcock is gone this year that leaves some big shoes to fill.

He was a +1 and Helm/Datsyuk were -3. Tatar, Ericsson, Kronwall -2. Tell me how exactly did he not show up? People need to open their eyes that one man CANNOT change the playoffs. If that was the case the Penguins shouldnt be losing the series when they have the BEST player in the NHL on their team. Not only that they also has the 2nd best. So where's this showing up about? No.. it's about unit cohesion. If you don't have a team effort. You're not going to make it far.

crosby is the best offensive player in the game thats it lol, the best all around player in the game right now is Datsyuk at 100% i hate to say it but i think the best player in the league is Toews