• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Nightfall

Knuckles vs Numbers - The death of the enforcer

Rate this topic

Of course the stats geeks can't factor in everything...hence the very word intangibles, and its easy to take pot shots from a laptop rather than out on the ice - but the no skill goon enforces make their argument easy for them. As i said before, Prust, Lucic, McCarty, Probert, Tie Domi etc...yes please....McGratten, Biznasty etc no thanks.

The league is as watered down as ever and there's still no room for these guys...

Clearly they don't have anywhere near the skill to play in the league.

Lots of guys bring those intangibles. Lots of guys work their asses of. Lots of guys put their bodies on the line.

They're not that special. They're clinging on to a dying niche.

The league is as watered down as ever and there's still no room for these guys...

Clearly they don't have anywhere near the skill to play in the league.

Lots of guys bring those intangibles. Lots of guys work their asses of. Lots of guys put their bodies on the line.

They're not that special. They're clinging on to a dying niche.

What do you mean by watered down? The skill set of today's NHL player is probably the best its ever been. Do you mean because of the cap/parity, there are no longer stacked teams?

Of course the stats geeks can't factor in everything...hence the very word intangibles, and its easy to take pot shots from a laptop rather than out on the ice - but the no skill goon enforces make their argument easy for them. As i said before, Prust, Lucic, McCarty, Probert, Tie Domi etc...yes please....McGratten, Biznasty etc no thanks.

This forum has become softer than the Wings. And who is McGratten?

He's some wash up playing in the minors I believe. Not worth mentioning really.

Well that's odd, because other than Crosby, he's the most mentioned non-Wing on LGW.

Besides, his toughness and manhood rubbed off on Calgary and toughened them up for the playoffs. I can't believe, though, that Hartley would send his personal bodyguard to the minors and play that scrub Bollig instead.

McGrattan has become the Bill Brasky of LGW. And in that mythic space, I actually really like his presence.

"Brian McGrattan taught me how to love a woman...and scold a child".

"Did I ever tell you about the time I went horseback riding with McGrattan, but there weren't any horses around? Well, McGrattan throws a saddle on my back and rides me around Wyoming for three days. Well, wouldn't you know it, my stamina increases with each day and I develop tremendous leg muscles. So anyway, McGrattan decides to enter me in the Breeders' Cup, right, under the name Turkish Delight. And I'm running in second place, and I'm running and I break my ankle! They’re about to shoot me. Then someone from the crowd yells out, God bless him, 'Don't shoot him, he's a human."

Did I ever tell you about the time mcgrattan was in a production of The King and I? Well anyway, before the show, mcgrattan chloroforms the entire cast, and slowly eats them in front of the audience for two hours. The production got pretty good reviews.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter