• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

ECQF Game 5 GDT : Red Wings 4, at Lightning 0 (DET leads series, 3-2)

Rate this topic

Ya because it is literally supposed to focus on forwards who excel defensively

This is true, however, think of it this way. If you had to pick one player, you would pick the player that can shut down the opposition and score points.

Guest Playmaker

Did you really just try to start an argument and take those three sentences in a literal sense? Lol. Cmon man you're reading too much into fun and games.

1. Duh. Did you ACTUALLY think that comment was literal. I mean, does everyone at the Joe who chants "F**** you Tampa" want the city of Tampa Bay to "F**** off?". That doesn't even make physical sense.

2. Just because a player might be objectively useful doesn't mean you can't dislike them for the sake of the series when cheering on for your team. Ex: Datsyuk and Malkin might be friends off ice but on-ice they will tell each other to screw off to piss each other off. This is Hockey. Trash talking is very much allowed. Even for fans.

3. It's sucking up if you're jumping the gun and pretending like the player is some glorified hockey champ. It's 2 games he did well in. The series isn't over yet. It's one thing to commend a player but an entirely different one to say "Johnson knows how to win". A poor choice of words from the journalist. Imagine if Tampa loses the series. Doesn't that make Johnson a loser? The article itself like many others in general (including ones that have been written prematurely about our own players) is nothing short of ridiculousness.

Exactly. Plus Mrazek will be cheap for a good while. An it's completely smart to keep a little competition between two great goalies.

1. Haven't heard anyone at the Joe chanting f*** you Tampa. If you find someone disagreeing with you as starting an argument, so be it.

2. I just prefer to enjoy the Wings, not waste my energy hating or berating other players for simply playing the game for another team.

3. If you can't handle an NHL.com writer composing a positive article about a player on an opposing team who brought his team back from the brink, not sure what to tell you. Not sure if you actually read the article or not, because I'm not seeing where you see any "sucking up". I wouldn't see it as sucking up if there were positive articles written about Mrazek, Glendenning or Abdelkader. Winning or losing this series won't be a reflection on how any of those players have played to this point, nor would it make any of them "losers" Winning at other levels of hockey is still an accomplishment.

It just displays both a lack of hockey knowledge on the part of those morons holding the signs ("growing the game" tnx Bettman), and a lack of education (Florida).

So generalizing an entire population of folks and calling them derogatory names is wrong, is that what you're trying to say?

1. Haven't heard anyone at the Joe chanting f*** you Tampa. If you find someone disagreeing with you as starting an argument, so be it.

2. I just prefer to enjoy the Wings, not waste my energy hating or berating other players for simply playing the game for another team.

3. If you can't handle an NHL.com writer composing a positive article about a player on an opposing team who brought his team back from the brink, not sure what to tell you. Not sure if you actually read the article or not, because I'm not seeing where you see any "sucking up". I wouldn't see it as sucking up if there were positive articles written about Mrazek, Glendenning or Abdelkader. Winning or losing this series won't be a reflection on how any of those players have played to this point, nor would it make any of them "losers" Winning at other levels of hockey is still an accomplishment.

You realize this is probably some of the pettiest things to even discuss.

1. I've been to games 3 and 4 and have chanted/witnessed/performed the F*** U Tampa chant.

2.Ah so now you want to impose your will? Just because you are a certain way, and others aren't you think it's a waste of time and energy? Dude get over it. You're welcome to do what you want and so am I and anyone else on these forums. If you don't like it then don't worry about it, just do your own thing. Screw Garrison and SCREW the Bolts. GO RED WINGS.

3. Can't handle NHL.com article? Where are you getting that from? Lol. You certainly have a knack for coming up with your own conclusions. I stated that it was funny to read the article after the 4-0 Tampa loss. Seriously are you just trying to argue for the sake of arguing? You're nitpicking little things and trying to make a big deal out of it. This is a forum and this specific thread is meant for us to express our opinion about the game and our post game reactions... The article was written before the game basically calling Johnson a champ. Johnson got shutdown and they lost pretty badly and my initial consensus was it's funny to read the article postgame. Ever heard of Hingsight bias? I'm sure the writer who wrote it felt it last night. It was very ironic that they come out with it only a few hours later the Red Wings shunned all the preconceived notions addressed in the article. The article was addressing Johnson's ability to help his teams win in the past. That's fine and great but to say "he knows how to win" is a poor choice of words for the writer. And if you've played a team sport in your life then you know that it IS about winning the series and the championship. An individual accomplishment is great but it has no bearing unless it's applied to the team effort. This isn't a boxing match. This is a team sport. You either walk away as champions together or walk away as a team that lost in the process. Henrik Zetterberg said it best. "It's great to get into the playoffs, but that what WE want to do is win"

Regardless, you're just wasting your time. I don't know what you're going to gain out of starting this. We have games to watch and teams to cheer for. Nitpicking post game rants isn't going to accomplish much. I'm not going to get into further pointless discussion on it, you can continue if you would like. I'm getting pumped for tomorrows game that I'll be going to and making some derogatory chants towards Bishop ;)

Edited by kickazz

I will never understand why people hate that so much. Watch other teams fans, they do the same chants towards teams. Don't like it, stay at home and watch on tv. Easy enough.

I usually just stay aware of the people around me. If there's little kids around, I tend to dial it back a fair bit. I'm never going to make someone regret the decision to take their kids to a game.

I usually just stay aware of the people around me. If there's little kids around, I tend to dial it back a fair bit. I'm never going to make someone regret the decision to take their kids to a game.

Yeah that's key. Can't ruin other people's experience either. Gotta respect that. But hey, if the whole crowd is in on it. I'll be in on it too :)

I want to pipe in and say that I think it's sad when people chant the negative stuff. I wouldn't even chant "Tampa Bay sucks!" I don't think they suck. I don't think any team or player in the NHL sucks. They are all competitors in a difficult league. I saw a post here that said "somebody should injure Tyler Johnson". I mean, really? When he scored the two goals and carried his team, I felt happy for him. Of course if the Wings lose, it would be major heart-ache, but that's not going to make me "hate" other players or teams. I just cheer, cheer, cheer for the Wings, and try to feel good for other teams and players when they have success. I would like to see Joe Louis Arena focus on positively impacting their team and let go of the silly "Bulls***", etc. chants. It's not going to happen, though, "the mass" just doesn't operate that way.

I want to pipe in and say that I think it's sad when people chant the negative stuff. I wouldn't even chant "Tampa Bay sucks!" I don't think they suck. I don't think any team or player in the NHL sucks. They are all competitors in a difficult league. I saw a post here that said "somebody should injure Tyler Johnson". I mean, really? When he scored the two goals and carried his team, I felt happy for him. Of course if the Wings lose, it would be major heart-ache, but that's not going to make me "hate" other players or teams. I just cheer, cheer, cheer for the Wings, and try to feel good for other teams and players when they have success. I would like to see Joe Louis Arena focus on positively impacting their team and let go of the silly "Bulls***", etc. chants. It's not going to happen, though, "the mass" just doesn't operate that way.

I'm sure you're one of those that when they say the starting lineups and everyone is booing. You're the guy in the Wings jersey clapping. Just kidding. ;)

Bottom line is everyone supports there team. Some show it different then others.

Edited by HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

This is hockey not holiday on ice. I'm also happy for some players from other teams but if one attends a game and is into the crowd-stuff I for sure expect negative chants towards the opponent. The job of a crowd is to make cheer for the home-team and make it unpleasant for the opponent to play in a building. That Kate Perry sign from a Jets fan was just pure gold

This is hockey not holiday on ice. I'm also happy for some players from other teams but if one attends a game and is into the crowd-stuff I for sure expect negative chants towards the opponent. The job of a crowd is to make cheer for the home-team and make it unpleasant for the opponent to play in a building. That Kate Perry sign from a Jets fan was just pure gold

There is such a thing as taking it too far though, making it hard for the opposing team is one thing. Making the other teams fans directly uncomfortable is the danger zone. Having been the 12 year old in a Wings jersey in Gaylord EC having a Preds fan basically directly taunting me and my father, everyone's there to have a good time, if your idea of having a good time is trying to make other fans hate watching hockey in your team's building, you're taking it too far. It's a weird thing, common sense is a good thing but beer is louder lol.

This is hockey not holiday on ice. I'm also happy for some players from other teams but if one attends a game and is into the crowd-stuff I for sure expect negative chants towards the opponent. The job of a crowd is to make cheer for the home-team and make it unpleasant for the opponent to play in a building. That Kate Perry sign from a Jets fan was just pure gold There is such a thing as taking it too far though, making it hard for the opposing team is one thing. Making the other teams fans directly uncomfortable is the danger zone. Having been the 12 year old in a Wings jersey in Gaylord EC having a Preds fan basically directly taunting me and my father, everyone's there to have a good time, if your idea of having a good time is trying to make other fans hate watching hockey in your team's building, you're taking it too far. It's a weird thing, common sense is a good thing but beer is louder lol.
I've talked about the other team as far as fandom goes this is simple. If people aren't acting like idiots no problem. My idea of having a good time is also simple: go there with my babe and a few friends, have some beers and hopefully seeing a great game and an uncomfortable opponent because the crowd is really into it. I mean watching the Jets fans was just pure awesomeness, even the Ducks acknowledged that.

Right, because again, women are weak and inferior and feminizing a man must be the ultimate insult! Boy howdy, they showed him!

More just that it's Katy Perry, that's how I'm going to take it even though you're probably right. My sister plays hockey and I'll be the first to admit she would kick my ass in a fight. Hell, she's 4' 11" and I'm 5' 10", she'd kick my ass. Not even ashamed.

Edited by MapleSirrah

Right, because again, women are weak and inferior and feminizing a man must be the ultimate insult! Boy howdy, they showed him!

Katy Perry is hot, nuff said.

And as a female hockey fan, I take offense to it.

Girls hockey... Yawn. :)

Just kidding. I just don't watch it mainly because there is no hitting, which I think there should be.

The word "allowed" makes me laugh, using "able" would at least make it sound slightly less like a peeved fan looking for excuses. Slightly related, anyone got a penalty minutes count for the series?

58 Pim for Detroit, 46 for Tampa. We've been handed 6 more penalties then they have

Kyle Alexander @kalexanderRC 4h4 hours ago

@DanHerrejon @BoltsJolts @erlendssonTBO @dingdish 24 PPs in 5 games is an awful lot. Not getting many more calls barring egregious violence.

Also notice how Erlendsson first disagrees with this statement "it's not about powerplays" then proceeds to say it is about powerplays and they should be getting more calls, guys I don't think he can read...