• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

ECQF Game 6 GDT : Lightning 5 at Red Wings 2 - Series Tied 3-3

Rate this topic

Like I said the sooner we become less swedish the better, god these guys never take the puck to the net rarely hit and don't like to shoot the puck, it's crazy How Z is only good when the team is good i'm sorry but this ridiculous I have lowered my expectations for this team i'm ready for the rebuild.

Agreed. We're gettin beat by speed and grit. Consistently. We lack that. Consistently. We have the odd guy, but for the most part its alot of passing and waiting to try and create a sexy opportunity, rather than just outmanning the other team and creating your own opportunities.

Like I said the sooner we become less swedish the better, god these guys never take the puck to the net rarely hit and don't like to shoot the puck, it's crazy How Z is only good when the team is good i'm sorry but this ridiculous I have lowered my expectations for this team i'm ready for the rebuild.

Z carried this team for years gtfo. He should be the last one ANYONE complains about.

Gotta protect home ice better than that. Just a lousy effort defensively. For the fifth consecutive year, Holland has to do something major on defense.

The odds of winning a third time in Tampa aren't very good. This series should have been over by now.

Yeah, it's a shame this team continues to stink it up at home like this. Did the same crap against Boston last year losing both games at home.

Z is garbage right now. He couldn't make any winger look good. But yes, Nyquist is awful.

I don't want him to make any winger look good. I want it the other way around. I want a winger that can complement his slow speed but make use of his passes.

Edited by kickazz

That 2-0 lead in Game 4 with 5 minutes to go was a deplorable choke job that really let Tampa back in the series and now they get their Game 7 at home. What a joke. I'd put Glendening on a higher line than Zetterberg or Nyquist. Man did those guys disappear. Not even 1 goal from the captain in all these games?

Well, in his defense, it's not his roster. Ken Holland is buying the groceries. There's not much there to work with, especially on the back end.

Defense has been lacking for years and that's where the majority of our problems are at this point. I've said it a million times it seems like, but I can understand Holland struggling to bring in an elite defenseman. That's tough. I don't fault him really for not landing one because they don't grow on trees and they're tougher than ever to sign. But that he hasn't been able to make more improvements on some level after too many years now via trade or free agency is just sad.

I think it's incredible what Babcock's been able to accomplish with these teams these last few years. If anything, I don't think he gets enough credit for what he's accomplished given how lacking we are on defense in particular.

Well, on the bright side, at least we didn't blow a home ice lead with a chance to advance like Chicago in 13. Still a chance, anything can happen in Game 7, but win or lose we have to improve the back end in the off-season. We literally gave Tampa nothing tonight, but when we did, breakaways and odd man rushes. Good teams don't do it, we didn't do it 6 or so years ago...

I wonder when CBC became the Tampa Bay Lightning Network? They wouldn't shut up about Stamkos and the Lightning. If we play the Habs next round, I'll watch the games online. CBC's hockey coverage has been a joke for years. My fellow Canadians must have an inferiority complex when it comes to America and the successful European players, because Canadian media never shuts up about talking about everything Canadian :bad:

Z carried this team for years gtfo. He should be the last one ANYONE complains about.

He carried us for years to what? Lidstrom carried us for years. Z has done nothing as a captain of this team, i'm not saying he's had much help but come on this series is a great example of whats happened since 5 retired, Datsyuk has been amazing and carried, meanwhile Z has just lost his legs and Scoring touch, Great player but he definitely shouldn't be playing center anymore, should be our 2nd line LW but we have no depth.