• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

ECQF Game 6 GDT : Lightning 5 at Red Wings 2 - Series Tied 3-3

Rate this topic

That's not entirely true. He had 8 in 2007. Datsyuk had to deal with a lot of injuries around the playoffs for years. Bad luck really, but that was the contributing factor to his lack of scoring in the playoffs at times earlier in his career. That, and the whole team around him struggling to score. I can't remember which year it was at this point, but during one of our playoff runs, I know for a fact that he could barely walk. He was hobbling around in "real life" but still playing and trying to help. Unfortunately, at times injuries are just too hard to overcome, limiting your ability to be productive.

I will say that I think Datsyuk has gotten better at battling through injuries over the years. Even this year, it's beyond evident that's he's not 100% recovered from what's been ailing him, but he's still come up big for us several times.

No. The previous poster is correct. From 2002-2007 or so Datsyuk was a pretty bad playoff performer. That's about 5 years of poor playoff performance. He was often criticized for it. (I remember there was even a segment on the local channel 4 in Detroit talking about it) He did not have any major injuries that caused him to "hobble" around. I've never heard of that. He had a knee injury in the mid 2000s but it wasn't anything like what he had last year. His orthopedic physicians and sports medicine doctor are a few colleagues I work with. He CURRENTLY has issues and those only started a few years ago. Datsyuk, despite recent injuries was one of the most well kept bodies and amongst the healthiest in the league. He's actually very well known for his healthy lifestyle and self training. There's a reason he's aged very well compared to other players even at age 36.

His breakout performance was in 2007 and 2008. In 2009 he had a terrible playoff record I think it was like 9 points in 15 games and only 1 goal. (But I also tihnk he may have been worn out or there may have been an injury). But since 2009 Pasha picked it up and has been a good playoff performer. Z on the other hand... This may be the first year in his entire career that he's had a piss poor playoff performance. I think that's whats shocking most of us here. Especially because Z never had excuses, he put up playoff points even while he was injured. Hell he even played 2 games in Boston last season only after a few months of back surgery and actually put up 2 points. That's why I've been a bit skeptical about Z. Injuries didn't affect his playoff performance before. Why now? No there's something else that's hurting his play. Maybe the hit to the head from Jamie Benn really screwed up his hockey IQ? Who the hell knows.

Edited by kickazz

Tampa is less physical than we are. They are not advancing past the 2nd round if they manage to beat us In my opinion. Gonna be real difficult to win away in a Game 7, regardless of how we've played in Tampa so far in this series. We had a chance to seal the deal last night and let things slip away in Game 4. How many chances are we gonna blow before it comes back to bite us? I hope not. Mraz has been solid and I hope he has another shutout up his sleeve. Gonna be hard to do.

Probably been said but who is this undrafted Tyler Johnson kid? Damn that Stevie Y ... he learned to draft these hidden gems.

This kid tied Stamkos in points in regular season.

Yzerman didn't draft a hidden gem, he signed a late bloomer/hidden gem.

So Mrazek has never been over agressive which resulted in him letting in a goal? Not once? He doesn't have any consistency problems, he was just as good in game 2 as he was in game 1? That is what you're saying? Because both of those things are wholefully untrue.

The kid has 2 shutouts and he's extremely young and look what he's done. Howard let in beyond soft goals the second half of the year. Lost his job more then likely because of it. Tell me one goalie that is worth a s*** that's been so consistent in these playoffs? Even Price, Rinne, Crawford (slightly overrated) haven't had good games.

I seriously feel like you haven't watched any playoff games including the Wings games. It's getting hysterical what you're saying.

I feel like Mrazek found his consistency he hasn't played a bad game he even managed to win us a game we were never in, and when we did show up he had shutouts. This kid is the real deal anyone who disagrees is just a hater

Imagine what he will be able to do when Holland finally gets our back end together