• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

ECQF Game 6 GDT : Lightning 5 at Red Wings 2 - Series Tied 3-3

Rate this topic

“My message to our guys is you’ve got to suck it up, got to fight through it,” Cooper continued. “And if they’re bringing it, you’ve got to bring a gun to a knife fight. That’s how it has to go. So to get on them, we have to be bettericon1.png.” Cooper

That has got to be some of the most incoherent babble I've heard from a coach in a long time. "And if they’re bringing it, you’ve got to bring a gun to a knife fight" What the hell is he talking about?

“My message to our guys is you’ve got to suck it up, got to fight through it,” Cooper continued. “And if they’re bringing it, you’ve got to bring a gun to a knife fight. That’s how it has to go. So to get on them, we have to be bettericon1.png.” Cooper

That has got to be some of the most incoherent babble I've heard from a coach in a long time. "And if they’re bringing it, you’ve got to bring a gun to a knife fight" What the hell is he talking about?

I think he's talking about getting 8 or 9 power plays tonight or something. :baby:

Not sure, but if Glendening has any bullet holes in him, I think we'll have a better understanding. I didn't think I'd hate the Lightning after this series regardless of the outcome, but.... now I'm kinda starting to. lol

I just heard that Jon Cooper is going to be wearing Tom Landry's hat tonight.

Edited by HelmFan

I think he's talking about getting 8 or 9 power plays tonight or something. :baby:

Not sure, but if Glendening has any bullet holes in him, I think we'll have a better understanding. I didn't think I'd hate the Lightning after this series regardless of the outcome, but.... now I'm kinda starting to. lol

Maybe that's how Tampa keeps getting all these PP, Cooper keeps threatening the referees. I'm starting to fear for the safety of our players.

Dangerous combination. Coach is not delusional, he's trying to get his players to have a pulse. They've done nothing worthy of moving on in the playoffs, whereas the Wings are getting better every game - as it should be! I also fear for our players, since it's been my observation since game one that the Blots are targeting our players with intent to injure.

Hasn't worked so far, but they will be desperate tonight, so Wings -- heads up and defend! Shoot the puck, play your game. LGRW! You got this!!

If enough coaches complain about us cheating, that makes the refs more likely to call penalties.

That should also make the unbiased, un-homer fan wonder whether their team is actually cheating? Or are all these coaches off their rocker?

It's absolutely amazing how many Montreal fans, that I know, want to play Detroit next round. Here's hoping they get their wish.

Worst fans in sports, by a country mile. (I know a ton of em as well)

As far as tonight, FINISH IT! LGW!!!

If enough coaches complain about us cheating, that makes the refs more likely to call penalties.

That should also make the unbiased, un-homer fan wonder whether their team is actually cheating? Or are all these coaches off their rocker?

I've wondered this, too. But I just don't see it.

It's absolutely amazing how many Montreal fans, that I know, want to play Detroit next round. Here's hoping they get their wish.

Worst fans in sports, by a country mile. (I know a ton of em as well)

As far as tonight, FINISH IT! LGW!!!

Bandwagoners they only support the team as long as they are winning and that's on a game to game basis.

@AshleyDunkak: Drew Miller on Jon Cooper accusing #RedWings of cheating: (1/2) Usually when things make someone not happy, theyre effective ..."

@AshleyDunkak: Drew Miller on Jon Cooper accusing #RedWings of cheating: (2/2) "Its the way we play, and I dont see if changing,

@AshleyDunkak: One more on Miller's response to Cooper's comments: "Maybe he's just trying to rile his guys or put a thought in the referees' heads."

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

@cotsonika: Lightning is far from first team to complain about Red Wings' interference. Gotta think referees were already well aware of it.

@cotsonika: Will be interesting to see if Lightning complaints make a difference tonight.

Please read these tweets in a smug and cloyingly annoying voice, because I think Cotsonika is a huge doucher

Therrien, Edzo, Julien, and Cooper. As far as I know, they're the only people I know that have complained.

Of those four I just mentioned, two of them are A-grade tools. I respect Julien. The verdict's still out on Cooper.

You know a team has trash fans if they cheer "red wings suck" after we score a goal. Their bandwagon is gonna get a bit lighter after tonight... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I was a little confused. I heard them chanting something, but then I was like "Is that for real? We're blowing out your team, on your ice, in a critical game in which your team had all the momentum. How is that in any way, shape or form sucking?" If anything, they should be booing their own team for the lackluster play. They're 2 for 24 on the powerplay and both of those goals were scored in Game 2.

Therrien, Edzo, Julien, and Cooper. As far as I know, they're the only people I know that have complained.

Of those four I just mentioned, two of them are A-grade tools. I respect Julien. The verdict's still out on Cooper.

Guess which coach we're playing the next round if we advance? :lol: